Nintendo Source code leak - source for games, DS emulator, prototypes and more -

tehpope

Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Doesn't seem like new shit is leaking. Not paying attention to /v/.

Here's the location of the Yoshi's Island map editor I mentioned.
other\SFC\ソースデータ\ヨッシーアイランド\ツール\tool\map\sfc

E:
SF2 source code info:
I'm the SF2SourceCodeAnon and here's basically the summary of what I've gathered so far:

>No repos of code before 30th of June 1995 other than some scattered backup files that has some interesting stuff
>Pierrot has absolutely no placement but he's 100% functional. If I could find a ROM location for the mirage dragon meeting or write a new map file with him in, I can technically make an encounter with him. The latter requires compiling the ROM and I lack the toolset.
>Another new boss found, this one showed up in August proto, but has no pathing and animation - it's a phoenix. Funny enough the shape for it is in the ROM still.
>Complete map format for SF2 figured out. Stay tuned, as well as list of models and static assets (Some of them rubbed out).
>Slowly combing through MACROS file to understand the 3D engine. I think it's basically an ASM wrapper to send commands to the SFX2 chip (It's called the Mario chip internally so yeah I believe that's it).
>Cataloging SHAPES and trying to match them to stuff. Some of them are commented out. If anything, the 3D Anon should look into converting the stuff from SHAPES BSHAPES and ASHAPES files into OBJs - that's the actual assets there.

I'm gonna go to sleep. It's been a long day.

mm beta snowfall.jpgmm beta pirates fortress.jpgmm beta swamp.jpg

E2:
Exploring the various OOT beta dungeons. Not sure why the l is real 2401 plaque is in one of the rooms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsRdpVBocx4

This is great. I hope a Earthbound 64 and Dinosaur Planet will happen.
Maybe. I'd also love to see Twelve Tales before Rare put the kibosh on it. I'm doubtful we'll see anything truly unreleased since most of the stuff we have are related to released games. I'm assuming Rare are the only ones with betas now since Nintendo probably gave what they have back to Rare or destroyed it once MS bought them.

Last edited:

Billy_Sama

♂Love and Muscle in Heaven♂
kiwifarms.net
Maybe. I'd also love to see Twelve Tales before Rare put the kibosh on it. I'm doubtful we'll see anything truly unreleased since most of the stuff we have are related to released games. I'm assuming Rare are the only ones with betas now since Nintendo probably gave what they have back to Rare or destroyed it once MS bought them.
I would like to think its floating around, the N64 would not have its memorable library without Rare and I would love to see a chance of their N64 stuff getting discovered.

whatever I feel like

Flu Friendly Furby
kiwifarms.net
Oh absolutely, it was a 64DD game from the start, that was the disk drive for the N64. It had a capacity of 64MB and the Gamecube had 43MB of RAM.

Animal Crossing was one of a couple of titles that got a direct ported over, Doshin the Giant was one and Cubivore was just like AC in that they had a pretty much finished game but no platform to release it on - the 64DD flopped hard and it wouldn't be long until the Gamecube was released.
AC was a regular N64 game and saw a commercial release in Japan. Unless you mean pre-release, in which case yes it was originally intended for the DD (I think?) but so was a bunch of other stuff like Mario Party 2, and it didn't really matter in the end.

Dysnomia

Party like it's COVID-1999
kiwifarms.net
I played Zelda in it's heyday but I only have the vaguest memories of Zelda II
Zelda 2 was the first Zelda I played. My mom didn't know the difference between Zeldas and either did I as I had just gotten an NES in 89. At my friends house we usually played Mario, Mario 2 and Duck Hunt when we weren't watching Batman with Michael Keaton or Halloween 4 over and over again. I didn't play the first game until years later. So Zelda 2 is never an oddity to me. It was just another side scroller.

Anyway, it needs a remake and it's unfortunate that it never got one.

These leaks are pretty exciting. Considering how much 2020 has sucked it's nice to get something like this out of such a dumpster fire year.

Judge Dredd

Senior Layout Artist
kiwifarms.net
Interesting stuff that seems to have come out, gleaned from 4chan/twitter
There's also raw renders, box art templates, and uncompressed assets.

Some uncompressed F-Zero audio and placeholders.

Someone has already put the uncompressed F-Zero X sound track on YouTube.

I also like the cut Starfox stuff like the reveal of cut characters, some of which are humans.

Getting a look at original tools and source code is interesting too. I don't know if the F-Zero X source code is in there, but a source port of that would be amazing.

While Zelda was never one of my favourites, I was a fan of Resident Evil 2, and by extension 1.5 which eventually did get leaked, so I understand the hype. I wonder if someone will make a beta content restoration hack.

ShortBusDriver

kiwifarms.net
Zelda 2 was the first Zelda I played. My mom didn't know the difference between Zeldas and either did I as I had just gotten an NES in 89. At my friends house we usually played Mario, Mario 2 and Duck Hunt when we weren't watching Batman with Michael Keaton or Halloween 4 over and over again. I didn't play the first game until years later. So Zelda 2 is never an oddity to me. It was just another side scroller.

Anyway, it needs a remake and it's unfortunate that it never got one.

These leaks are pretty exciting. Considering how much 2020 has sucked it's nice to get something like this out of such a dumpster fire year.
I was a kid, under 10, and I felt like in those days aside from a magazine like Nintendo Power there wasn't really widely acceptable video game information back then.

Still I remember Zelda being huge, bigger than Mario for sure, at least until Mario 3 anyway.

I played Zelda 2 by borrowing a neighbors version but I really had no idea what I was doing or much time to figure it out.

Totally unrelated, this was one of my favorites growing up, it's a shame it never got more press.

s-l400[1].jpg

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net
This is great. I hope a Earthbound 64 and Dinosaur Planet will happen.
There's enough assets IN StarFox Adventures for you to get a Dinosaur Planet if you were a good enough hacker.

I'm probably one of the few people who didn't like Bad Fur Day that much and thought Twelve Tales would have been better. Fun fact: if you play the GBC game in a regular GB, you get a completely different game. It IS known that at least one Rare employee has a EEPROM devcart, but idk if there's actually anything in that, it's just labelled CONKER TWELVE TALES or something like that.

Actually according to this video, I guess the 1989 demo assets for Super Mario World have been leaked. The only stuff we have to go on are blurry pix from Famitsu, so no wonder I had no idea what I was looking at.

For comparison:

There WERE 1988 demos of the Super Famicom so I guess I was mixing it up in my head with that. I hope the PilotWings proto (as DragonFly) gets leaked. PW never gets enough love.

Last edited:

whatever I feel like

Flu Friendly Furby
kiwifarms.net
There's enough assets IN StarFox Adventures for you to get a Dinosaur Planet if you were a good enough hacker.

I'm probably one of the few people who didn't like Bad Fur Day that much and thought Twelve Tales would have been better. Fun fact: if you play the GBC game in a regular GB, you get a completely different game. It IS known that at least one Rare employee has a EEPROM devcart, but idk if there's actually anything in that, it's just labelled CONKER TWELVE TALES or something like that.

Actually according to this video, I guess the 1989 demo assets for Super Mario World have been leaked. The only stuff we have to go on are blurry pix from Famitsu, so no wonder I had no idea what I was looking at.

For comparison:

There WERE 1988 demos of the Super Famicom so I guess I was mixing it up in my head with that. I hope the PilotWings proto (as DragonFly) gets leaked. PW never gets enough love.
Dragonfly assets were discovered in there. I think the game itself was corrupt or missing.

GeneralFriendliness

A.W. "Noa" Brimley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I know its unlikely, but I hope this eventually leads to the discovery of Paper Mario and Smash Bros tools and assets, and maybe even the beta version of Paper Mario Sticker Star which looked and worked nothing like the crappy final version.
Also imagine if someone found all the assets and tools for Breath of the Wild. The possibility for mods now is almost endless as long as people are careful with how they announce their projects.
Doesn't seem like new shit is leaking. Not paying attention to /v/.
I saw some on /v/ mention that the Discord channels handling the leaks got shut down. If that's true then maybe that's the cause of the slowdown. Especially with how many idiots on Twitter and elsewhere are bragging about how proud they are to be reporting everything to Big Brother Nintendo.

Tags
None