Nintendo Source code leak - source for games, DS emulator, prototypes and more -

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Didn't spot this posted yet, but regarding the internal mails: https://pastebin.com/yxRwWjpE
I guess that explains why the btoa/atob calls had that extra "key" parameter. They must have had a custom build of those utilities, which also explains why the checksums disagree with what a standard implementation would return.
I had tried making up a VM to run their copy (which was available), but didn't guess the right OS.
Was there anything interesting in the mails after all that?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: GeneralFriendliness

MagneticTowels

GoAIm Know
kiwifarms.net
I guess that explains why the btoa/atob calls had that extra "key" parameter. They must have had a custom build of those utilities, which also explains why the checksums disagree with what a standard implementation would return.
I had tried making up a VM to run their copy (which was available), but didn't guess the right OS.
At Argonaut, people code with one hand💦

GeneralFriendliness

A.W. "Noa" Brimley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Kind of sad that alot the mystery is gone from these surreal early 3D betas

Is it better for a good mystery to never be solved?
Seeking answers is more fun than getting answers, yes, but in this case the answers came with prizes, ie lots of new resources, game development tools and so much more that will hopefully change modding communities for the better.

whatever I feel like

Flu Friendly Furby
kiwifarms.net
There is still a lot of mysteries out there. No one has found the Unicorn Fountain that was supposed to be in OOT:
View attachment 1482019

Or the Triforce room:
View attachment 1482027
I thought those were found in the base game years ago? Anyway as of yesterday it definitely looked like work was still progressing for all titles. There is just so much to dig through and so much of it requires obscure software or tweaking to run.

tehpope

Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nintendo is probably attempting major damage control
What ever happened to the boy hacker who got arrested for this shit
I think he's under house arrest and can't use a computer for a long time. He literally got out of jail time by pulling the autist card.

Since we're talking about this dude, there's a rumor that only a quarter of the 2tb stolen from the servers still exists. Some people were posting this on /v/ the other day. There's censored chat logs that are supposedly from discord that confirms this. Basically, wack0 took requests from his friends and gave them files they wanted. And that's what survives. He destroyed the copies of the files. But an anon did mention that if wack0 did do that, it could be seen as destruction of evidence and he could be in huge trouble for that. Its probably just people trolling others.

The chat logs have inaccurate info on what organizations would handle the investigation and what not. It could be that the 2tb is way over blown and its fake news. If the 2tb rumor is true, then we might have leaks for a long ass time. But I think the 2tb is bs. Because at some point, someone in a data center putting these archival drives up would have realized something is up. But then again, these leaks came from a server in China, so its possible no one gave a shit all this stuff was leaking.

1595747987143.pngScreenshot_2020-07-26_01-27-20.pngScreenshot_2020-07-24_22-13-44.png

Kind of sad that alot the mystery is gone from these surreal early 3D betas

Is it better for a good mystery to never be solved?
I think there is still an air of mystery around these games. We still don't have the actual beta roms. Just assets. We don't know how they all properly fit together. We can assume somewhat from videos and photos. But we're only getting a partial look into development.

ducktales4gameboy

archive what you want to remember
kiwifarms.net
Dunno, but there's a lot of them. People far more interested than I am are digging through them elsewhere and scanning through the thread where that's happening nobody's mentioned anything aside from the argonaut crew yelling at eachother a lot (which in my experience is a telltale sign that a team working on low-level hardware is actually getting shit done). I'll post anything interesting that crops up.

Dysnomia

Party like it's COVID-1999
kiwifarms.net
There is still a lot of mysteries out there. No one has found the Unicorn Fountain that was supposed to be in OOT:
View attachment 1482019

Or the Triforce room:
View attachment 1482027
I'm trying to remember... Well there was that alcove under the water in Zora's Domain that was rumored to be the intended entraince to the fountain. People used to dig around there hoping to find something. But that was a dead end since the alcove had no dummied door behind or near it. There wasn't a secret room still connected. I think the alcove was actually intended to be an old Ice Temple entrance before that became the ice cave. There might be some small ramp outside the alcove but I can't remember. But if it's there it leads to nothing.

I do recall a few videos of a glitchy unicorn room of some sort. But I have no idea f they are real or fake. Some are just hacks. I think you could go into any severely glitched up room and claim "unicorn fountain!" and some idiot would believe you.

ducktales4gameboy

archive what you want to remember
kiwifarms.net
There were only like 10 of the internal Nintendo mails, which is the really interesting bit.
I GUESS I could just get un-lazy and build that little XOR thing into my custom build of atob and try it myself.
Huh, was there some other batch in one of the other leaks? Discussion seemed to imply there were a hundred at least.

Anyways, here's something I'd never thought I'd see, courtesy of twitter:

1CED4E9C-B8F4-4853-A70A-06F1A1951936.png

A legitimate DOS for the SNES. The yoshi's island level editor runs on it. Actual diskbased save-load on the snes seems so strange, I wonder if this was originally intended to be a FDS followup? Mario Paint would've definitely benefitted from it.

BooneHelm

kiwifarms.net
I'm trying to remember... Well there was that alcove under the water in Zora's Domain that was rumored to be the intended entraince to the fountain. People used to dig around there hoping to find something. But that was a dead end since the alcove had no dummied door behind or near it. There wasn't a secret room still connected. I think the alcove was actually intended to be an old Ice Temple entrance before that became the ice cave. There might be some small ramp outside the alcove but I can't remember. But if it's there it leads to nothing.

I do recall a few videos of a glitchy unicorn room of some sort. But I have no idea f they are real or fake. Some are just hacks. I think you could go into any severely glitched up room and claim "unicorn fountain!" and some idiot would believe you.
I remember something like that as well. I know there is a lot of people who have remade the Unicorn Fountain but to my knowledge is still something only seen in a picture.

Reactions: BlueSpark

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net
The GBA leak has all the verilog files and the design itself includes the full GBC hardware so I expect perfect hardware replicas of those soon. I'd buy the shit out of a tiny GB that ran for days on a rechargable battery.

The biggest thing that nobody has commented on online outside of an even more insular forum I read is the bs-x development assets being in that leak. Essentially, we now have the source to the first Nintendo online service and may be able to play lost BBS Door-game-esque versions of Kirby, Zelda and Dragon Warrior for the first time in 25 years. This may extend to the ability to shitpost as Birdo in someone else's game of SMB2 if the stream protocol is documented as well. It's a fantastic time to be a classic Nintendo fan.
I haven't seen anything about BS-X stuff coming out? The Zelda games have already been reconstructed and are probably the only real reason to use the MSU-1 enhancement, for SoundLink. I don't know if BS Dragon Quest had SoundLink (probably) but the one ROM we have appears to be a debug version.
Yeah, I just want one of the damn things to actually come out.

.. And as I google this to see if anything has actually happened on the Analogue Pocket front, I see they're opening preorders next week as announced yesterday. Hooray.
If Trumpbux come out and they're still available for preorder I might buy one. What's essentially a handheld MISTer unit is sexy, esp since this thing going on in China caused a dearth of the boards you needed for it, which is why I didn't buy one with last Trumpbux.

• Informative
Reactions: GeneralFriendliness
Tags
None