Nintendo Source code leak - source for games, DS emulator, prototypes and more -

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1483866

A legitimate DOS for the SNES. The yoshi's island level editor runs on it. Actual diskbased save-load on the snes seems so strange, I wonder if this was originally intended to be a FDS followup? Mario Paint would've definitely benefitted from it.
Sony actually talked about putting out a DOS-like for the PSX prior to launch but nothing came of it. In Japan's weird computer landscape a DOS-like on SNES and PS1 probably didn't seem that weird.

whatever I feel like

Flu Friendly Furby
kiwifarms.net
TCRF have been updating their shit on OOT, Mario Kart, and SM64 if you guys are interested in more updates. Sorry, not really lurking /v/ now.
/v/ seemingly killed their threads, it's all up to discord now. Speaking of which, here's the discord news:

Early version of Wild Teax/Stunt Race FX "FX Trax" got to load.
Lots of SF2 builds, including an early stage conversation to PAL with some StarWing branding added.
Text describing the soon to be abandoned iQue attempt to port NBA Courtside 2 and replace the teams with CBA teas and players.
Info on the shared development assets of Super Mario Kart and Sim City.
Beta assets from the terrible SNES Mario edutainment games.
A funny Argonaut email telling people to stop goofing off on the Virtua Fighter machine as it's only there to help them develop FX Fighter.

tehpope

Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Video of the sleep beta in motion. Seems like its a predessor to Mario + Wario. People compared it to Pac-man 2, but it seems like the main character will keep moving if you don't make a decision.

• Informative
Reactions: BlueSpark

whatever I feel like

Flu Friendly Furby
kiwifarms.net
Its not as uncommon a concept as you think. Baby Boomer from Color Dreams did it on NES (with the light gun,) Lemmings is a relatively similar concept and of course it has long been a classic cartoon trope.

ducktales4gameboy

archive what you want to remember
kiwifarms.net
I haven't seen anything about BS-X stuff coming out? The Zelda games have already been reconstructed and are probably the only real reason to use the MSU-1 enhancement, for SoundLink. I don't know if BS Dragon Quest had SoundLink (probably) but the one ROM we have appears to be a debug version.
I'm not seeing much more activity over them (or the internal emails) past the initial excitement; everyone's spergin' over DOS now.
Personally I was hoping to see the binaries for the games in this collection that we only have videos of but the satellaview stuff (in NEWS_11.tar) is just Zelda with a couple placeholder assets from other projects.

Man I swear I heard about this idea before but I cant think of where.
Someone already mentioned Pacman 2, which has a minigame that's really similar. Otnerwise there's Eek the cat for SNES/Genesis and/or the game it was originally adapted from, which also has a sleepwalker. Also the Rocko game for SNES and Krusty's funhouse/super funhouse. Guide games are a weird little subgenre, there were like 8 of them in a 2 year period and then never any again as far as I know.

ProblematicUser420

kiwifarms.net
Yeah I know they exist but specifically the sleepwalker idea. I swear I heard an idea like that in some interview and my mind went to pac man when I heard it. I want to say it was a miyamoto interview or something. Maybe I'm wrong though and it's just some weird deja vu

Green-Machine

kiwifarms.net
Ok so I went ahead and Downloaded a SMRPG rom from a site to see if there were any differences in file size and there isn't, the only difference from the leak and the one from online was the creation date.
Top file is the original leak
Middle File is the one where I spliced all 4 Rom files together
Bottom File is the Rom I downloaded online
1596862138650.png

Vecr

"nanoposts with 90° spatial rotational symmetries"
kiwifarms.net
Ok so I went ahead and Downloaded a SMRPG rom from a site to see if there were any differences in file size and there isn't, the only difference from the leak and the one from online was the creation date.
View attachment 1504528
Are the hashes the same?

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1504528
Figures, but I guess it's to be expected given that the date is a month and a half before the Japanese release date. An earlier file date would probably be a different story, however. All that said, the most interesting items (aside from a genuine working beta) would be the all the character animation files before being compressed down into 16-bit sprites, but there's a snowballs chance in hell Square kept those files.

Tags
None