Nintendo Source code leak - source for games, DS emulator, prototypes and more -

Coolio55

<(0_0<) <(0_0)> (>0_0)> KIRBY DANCE
kiwifarms.net
HOLY FUCKING SMOKES WE FOUND GIMMICK LAND!!!!
gimmick land.png

For those who don't know, gimmick land is the (supposedly complete but never released) original GBC incarnation of Tomato Adventure on the GBA.
Tomato Adventure is basically the spiritual prequel to the Mario and Luigi series.

Coolio55

kiwifarms.net
Nobody seems to be reporting on this one because it's so obscure but this euro demoscene game "bounced" was never released:
bounced.png

E: Here's another one, this time from the american demoscene:
carnivale.png

E2: Unreleased Magi Nation sequel
maginationkeeper.png
E: This was only on ps1
vrsportds.png
E: This one was totally cancelled
runelords.png
E: Those bloody german ubercoders at it again! (The fire is smooth as silk)
swing.png
E: AbsoluteX was only for GP32, the dev even comments on the motherload of brill unreleased GBC games HERE: https://hooka.gp2x.de/1932/
absolutex.png
E: Some weird unreleased german shit (It's like a barbie RPG)
wendy.png
E:
maxsteel.png
E: Ok, this one is fucking bonkers. Some of you older UK folks out there may remember Edd the Duck from CBBC (Not me, far before my time)
Here's his fucking game:
eddtheduck.png
eddtheduck2.png

Last edited:

TrippinKahlua

Boogie hosting an event at a Sheraton Hotel
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Unless you find the mythical and honestly not that rumored Donkey Kong Country 4 that was considered after the GBA remakes, I'm not interested in GBA things dammit!

Coolio55

kiwifarms.net
This is like some weird early version/localization of camelot's mobile golf
The characters in the intro are fucking creepy
pocketgolf.png
pocketgolf2.png
pocketgolf3.png
E: It's every autist's favourite cartoon!
bobbysworld.png
bobbysworld2.png
bobbysworld3.png
E: What's wrong with your gaaaaame?
babysdayout.png
babysdayout2.png
E: Another golf game by kid. This one was also cancelled
The robot in the tutorials keeps making fun of you for he is the supreme lifeform
golfrobot.png
golfrobot2.png
golfrobot3.png
There's also a shitty non robot version
golfrobot4.png

Last edited:

Rotollo

"Consider Euthanasia!"
kiwifarms.net
E: What's wrong with your gaaaaame?
babysdayout.png
babysdayout2.png
TFW we got no earthbound 64 beta but fucking Baby's Day Out got a leak
Would appear (via the Pokemon circles I follow) that a build of Platinum was included in this drop. This alone is vital for Gen 4 modifications and ROM projects, since Diamond and Pearl share very little in code for whatever reason.
that along with the fact we are getting 3d editing for gen 4 models, does this mean we might get some gen 3 tier mods for DPPT or hell if it shares enough in common even HGSS (though that last one is pretty :optimistic:)

tehpope

My Face Everyday | Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Thank you for everyone keep the thread up to date.

TCRF keeps adding to the other leak articles. OOT had a flag list added which shows up what the game progression might have looked like mid way through development.

Rotollo

"Consider Euthanasia!"
kiwifarms.net
In the prior video I linked in this thread; 3D modelling has already surpassed your vision. That said, I am aware of various "Gen" projects including what you desire:

Wow all I saw was the cursed Steve edit you posted by that guy. I'm suprised at the complexity of the 3d models they are making now. By "gen 3 tier projects" I meant the rom hacks that happen when we have the ds games inside and out, which considering how far it already is both will probably be in the future real soon. Pokemon Clover DS coming soon in the year 2035

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What's the best GB/GBC/GBA emulator these days? And has anyone put together an index of all these ROMs yet or do you just have to browse through them all one by one?

Anchors-Away

kiwifarms.net
Wow all I saw was the cursed Steve edit you posted by that guy. I'm suprised at the complexity of the 3d models they are making now. By "gen 3 tier projects" I meant the rom hacks that happen when we have the ds games inside and out, which considering how far it already is both will probably be in the future real soon. Pokemon Clover DS coming soon in the year 2035

A remake of FR/LG is nearing completion using HG/SS as the foundation. Said project is very closed off, partly due to the team not being native English speakers. I am also aware of a S/M demake in a beta state, but I wouldn't suggest trying to find a download of that.

That said, the thing holding back large scale modding for the DS Pokemon games isn't the lack of information; rather the SHARING of this information! As you can imagine, Pokemon fans are fairly autistic and in turn, want to the be very best (like no one ever was) when it comes to modding. Documents, tools and more have either been lost to time itself or not handed out for public use. With these beta leaks, the once isolated hack community are begrudgingly FORCED to become open-source as younger, more impassioned fans fast-track into the modding scene.

As for the models? They are made via blender and inserted using third party tools. An open-source map editor recently came out of beta and another channel has been making tutorials on it:

Edit:

What's the best GB/GBC/GBA emulator these days? And has anyone put together an index of all these ROMs yet or do you just have to browse through them all one by one?

I would suggest MelonDS for a more pure experience. Desmume (whilst the devs loath certain fans) has a much better upscale selection. Custom support functions allow for a richer texture clarity too.

Last edited:

Ponchik

the experiment didn't work
kiwifarms.net
TFW we got no earthbound 64 beta but fucking Baby's Day Out got a leak
zammis clark supposedly downloaded ~2tb of shit from broadon and only an incredibly small subsection of it has actually leaked to the public. i have absolutely no fucking idea why they would have a mother 3 n64 dump on their servers but after seeing all of these random ass prototypes get dropped you have no idea how much i want to believe it's stashed in there somewhere

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
zammis clark supposedly downloaded ~2tb of shit from broadon and only an incredibly small subsection of it has actually leaked to the public. i have absolutely no fucking idea why they would have a mother 3 n64 dump on their servers but after seeing all of these random ass prototypes get dropped you have no idea how much i want to believe it's stashed in there somewhere

If it's there, I'm certain they're hanging onto Earthbound 64 until the very bitter end to build hype

I really can't believe they even have random-ass prototypes from third parties, even. fucking Baby's Day Out ffs