Nintendo Source code leak - source for games, DS emulator, prototypes and more

• t.me/kiwifarms is our Telegram for downtime and announcements.
    • The .is domain is disabled due to issues with the CDN and having multiple domains.

whatever I feel like

Disney Diaper Size Fetish Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
E: Another golf game by kid. This one was also cancelled
The robot in the tutorials keeps making fun of you for he is the supreme lifeform
View attachment 1583985
View attachment 1583986
View attachment 1583987
There's also a shitty non robot version
View attachment 1583991
Ahh shoot, Mecharobot Golf nearly had some competition in the "total dogshit game about robots playing golf" genre.

Any word on Ura Zelda?
Just a long rant by Shigeru Miyamoto which when translated made it clear that the game was 98 percent done but not going to be released. He said in it that if they weren't going to let him finish his vision of the ultimate, epic, 100 hour adult oriented Zelda that he was going to delete all of the files from the archive and make the next Zelda a cartoon for eight year olds. There are also some remnants of the game in the form of folders with zero content in them, oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Someone's probably done this already but I refuse to wade through the trashpits of 4chan to find it, so I did it myself. Here's a listing of all the Gameboy games, attached as a CSV for your convenience.

"Region" is J for Japan or NJ for non-Japan.
"CGB" is N for non-CGB, Y for CGB-compatible, and E for CGB-exclusive.

I didn't immediately see any reliable way of separating the 4-character code from the title, so I just left them jammed together as they are. And the documentation I found online doesn't seem to have been complete in terms of licensee codes. Well, whatever.

Anyway, the most important thing is that there are two early versions of Sutte Hakkun in here:

DMG\POOL\DMGASPJ0.1
DMG\KENSA\DMGASPJ0.2

They both look like the same game at different "tech levels", and they're different from any of the released versions. One of them has a Super Gameboy "frame" even. I might play around with the early version and see if it'll play on a plain old non-color Gameboy - seems like it might.

Attachments

• gbgames.csv
    334.4 KB · Views: 62

Trashfire Garbagefuck

Hot Carl
kiwifarms.net
Any word on Ura Zelda?
The last leaks had early dungeons from Majora's Mask but set aside for an oot expansion. It didn't mention "ura" but it did mention "DD". I assume they just split the original ura zelda project into master quest and majora's mask when the DD failed, and the project was getting too ambitious for the base hardware and the time they had left in the generation.

this is a slooooooooooooooooooooow trickle
I've enjoyed the hell out of it, especially the obscure parts. That said if they have anything huge like EB64, FE64 or any of those other spaceworld demos, you just know they're saving them for last. And it looks like they're gonna stagger this out for a while.

whatever I feel like

kiwifarms.net
Super Donkey was huge. I think they are going about it in big chunks, we got the N64 tools associated with iQue games. I fear thats all we are going to get.

Coolio55

Numbuh one brony in da hood, G
kiwifarms.net
I might check the dsiware master list. Maybe there's some good shit?

Billy_Sama

♂Love and Muscle in Heaven♂
kiwifarms.net
I've enjoyed the hell out of it, especially the obscure parts. That said if they have anything huge like EB64, FE64 or any of those other spaceworld demos, you just know they're saving them for last. And it looks like they're gonna stagger this out for a while.

I look forward more to the leaks than Nintendo directs.

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I got 2-player Sutte Hakkun (!) working using the positively ancient NO$GMB emulator:

1599830110695.png

1599830118946.png

It's just a race to complete levels from the 1-player game, where you can optionally see the "ghost" of your opponent onscreen. First to finish wins.
And yes, it seems this all does work on plain old original Gameboy as well as GBC, at least as far as emulators are concerned.

tehpope

Wig Out | Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Any word on Ura Zelda?
IIRC, some of the earliest levels found in the MM leak were meant for Ura Zelda. What was created for URA Zelda was recycled into MM. And there's some code about it in the OOT leaks too.

IIRC, a lot of the early Ura / MM levels were just shit Aonuma was making in his spare time during OOT. I don't Ura ever really got off the ground. The general idea created, as was the mechanics for the cart game to use the DD. MQ was just created to satiate fan's hunger for URA after the fact.

What's the best GB/GBC/GBA emulator these days? And has anyone put together an index of all these ROMs yet or do you just have to browse through them all one by one?
mGBA. I use it for everything gameboy related. Sameboy is apparently really good too and multiplatform. bgb is real good for GB/GBC games, but windows only.

Last edited:

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Someone's probably done this already but I refuse to wade through the trashpits of 4chan to find it, so I did it myself. Here's a listing of all the Gameboy games, attached as a CSV for your convenience.
I updated this post with a new version of the CSV with additional info. Since emulation is for fegs, I added in the ROM/RAM size and other information, so you can know what sort of flashcart you need for a given game. Also, I added the file timestamps so you can see what order they were added to Nintendo's system in, and fixed a display issue with unknown new-style licensees.

The Pan Docs information about cartridge headers is weird. They have a bunch of things that aren't in the official programming manual, but also a bunch of things that don't seem to exist at all, at least not in this very comprehensive sample.

By the way, here's a pointless curiosity: the game that had the most revisions was the Japanese version of Pokemon Yellow, which had 4.
A handful of games including "Link's Awakening" had 3. And "Dragon Quest Monsters" for GBC had version 0, 1, and then 16.

Also, "COCK CAKE" is just Engrish, and it's a game about cooking cake. Just so you know. :tomgirl:

Last edited:

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
By the way, the DMG\NG directory seems to be the "hall of shame" for failed (No Good) lot checks. You see a bunch of repeated "version 0" submissions a few days apart in there. Most of them it's not immediately obvious what's wrong, apart from one Korean Bomberman game where they didn't even encode the maker code correctly.

A_throwaway_name62919

kiwifarms.net

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net
Apparently there's been another leak: https://boards.4channel.org/vp/thread/44976600#p44976600

anonfiles.com/ZeV7J8a3p7

Haven't had a chance to look at any of it myself, but according to this it contains "Pokemon Mystery, Famicom Disk System lotcheck, 3DS dev tools, and the SDK for the Nintendo IRIS. There are a bunch of images of the Famicom Disk System master disks from Nintendo's archives too!"
https://twitter.com/forestillusion/status/1311268125485088768/photo/1
Someone's about to make a great 3DS emulator now.

Travoltron

kiwifarms.net
E: Ok, this one is fucking bonkers. Some of you older UK folks out there may remember Edd the Duck from CBBC (Not me, far before my time)
Here's his fucking game:
View attachment 1583831
View attachment 1583846
I recognize this game. It was one of those games that was released in multiple countries starring different characters. It was Baby T-Rex in Europe, We're Back: A Dinosaur Story in the US, Agro Soar in Australia, and Bamse in Sweden. It was released on 16-bit systems as Radical Rex.

Pope Negro Joe the XIIIth

AI Pope of Entropic Declesiastics/Ver. U+1F0ED
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Since emulation is for fegs

Enjoy never owning a full collection of 20 systems worth of games Plebeian.

I'm hyped as fuck about the 3ds dev tools though, I can't imagine what kind of homebrew shit we're going to get for the device now. I'm going to have to grab that stuff for sure.

whatever I feel like

kiwifarms.net
Enjoy never owning a full collection of 20 systems worth of games Plebeian.

I'm hyped as fuck about the 3ds dev tools though, I can't imagine what kind of homebrew shit we're going to get for the device now. I'm going to have to grab that stuff for sure.
You'll get nothing, legit homebrewers will stay the heck away from official documentation for legal reasons.