Nintendo Source code leak - source for games, DS emulator, prototypes and more

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

Cowboy Kim

Lookin' for a five-star tomato
kiwifarms.net
I'm hyped as fuck about the 3ds dev tools though, I can't imagine what kind of homebrew shit we're going to get for the device now. I'm going to have to grab that stuff for sure.
There have been leaked versions of the 3DS SDK laying around for a while.
Someone made a hombrew game with the leaked 3DS Unity Engine a couple years back, IIRC.
Edit: The homebrew game was Waluigi Simulator. I also found an old leak of the SDK on my computer, for what thats worth.

Last edited:

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
twitter.JPG

https://archive.md/2dG3b

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It looks like the Iris really was just a somewhat early iteration of the DS. The emulator was Ensata, NITRO was the codename, and it had the same dual ARM7/ARM9 architecture.

Most interesting thing in this new batch of leaks is obviously the Disk System stuff. Looks like they were revisiting all this old stuff as recently as 2016 as part of Virtual Console.
The "scattoqd" program converts ROM dumps from Disk Writer cartridges (which were apparently called "SCAT Softpaks") into .qd files for use on VC.

The complete index of NES/FC games is also gold. This should be joined up with the complete set of ROMs from one of the earlier leaks, I haven't checked if it really matches up yet.
There are at least a few notorious "lost games" like California Raisins (which got a release number) and Earth Bound (which didn't) in there... and most astonishingly, an FC version of a certain "アクションパズル すってはっくん", or Sutte Hakkun. Just how long had that concept been stewing in the depths of NCL before it finally escaped onto Satellaview?

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
By the way, if you look at the notes (備考) section in 110803HNPdata.xls you can see some bug reports - some from pre-release and some that required new versions. Here's a selection.

The 3-in-1 Sports Set game (PAL region): Required a reset press for 3/4 player mode on the Satellite to work.

AD&D Dragonlance Heroes of the Lance: Seems to have had issues with the whole "hold reset while powering off" thing.

Battletoads (JP): Joystick use is bad/wrong. I wonder if this means the 15-pin extension controllers on FC - it seems to have been a somewhat common bug. So was being incompatible with the Sharp C1 TV.

Dragon Warrior III (US): In the original revision, it was possible to lose items from your original character when setting up a new character at Luisa's Place and then switching to that character (or something - I haven't played it)

Home Alone 2: "Bar noise" (what is this?) on all demo screens, and the bottom of the screen flickers when characters run.

Kirby's Adventure: Glitch when pushing a switch while using the Microphone ability; can't use the Star Rod on the last boss; typo on the save select screen ("TRAUELER"); updated the appearance conditions for the EXTRA screen (?); changed the location of the title in the story demo.

Mega Man 3: In the original PAL version there was some sort of glitch with the graphics in the final Dr. Wily boss fight, where the "screen wavered up and down", whatever that means.

Mega Man 4: In the Japan and PAL versions it was possible for the game to lock up when Mega Man cleared Dr. Cossack stage 3.

Robin Hood Prince of Thieves: Characters can pass through walls

Sword Master: Player can jump slightly "while muted" (during a cutscene?) in stage 4

Tecmo NBA Basketball: Lost the rights to use Michael Jordan's name after version 0

Simpsons Bart vs the Space Mutants: Problems with hats and minibosses in stage 2; Bart can die for no reason in stage 3

There are more, but you get the idea.

Coolio55

Numbuh one brony in da hood, G
kiwifarms.net
Anything on that recently leaked Kunio Kun Zukan for the famicom or was it never sent to nintendo?

TrippinKahlua

I am the King of Wishful Thinking!!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyone heard of Yeah Yeah Beebiss? I wonder if evidence of that could get leaked (and I know what the short answer to that mystery is, btw)

Also, I NEED MORE. I really need Proto SMRPG assets! Luigi is 100% confirmed in the alpha for a decade at least.

ducktales4gameboy

become as gods
kiwifarms.net
More proto SMRPG assets? Did some of them leak? Nm, misread. That's one of eventual hopes as well aside from Super Metroid beta stuff.

Personally I've always wondered what the hell was up with the Mokura bossfight, it feels like part of a dropped questline. There's also the question of who the removed playable character was going to be. IIRC whoever it is has dummied out data in the rom and few remaining scraps of animation data.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Closed for summer
kiwifarms.net
I recognize this game. It was one of those games that was released in multiple countries starring different characters. It was Baby T-Rex in Europe, We're Back: A Dinosaur Story in the US, Agro Soar in Australia, and Bamse in Sweden. It was released on 16-bit systems as Radical Rex.

Holy shit I remember the Bamse game, everyone scratched their head and wondered why the fuck he was on a skateboard.

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So has anyone actually been playing any of the leaked games? I made it through Sutte Hakkun and most of PKMN Picross. I got sick of the latter though because there's absolutely zero tolerance for mistakes if you want the "fast clear". And since the time limts are so tight, you're going to be rushing and inevitably fat-fingering something.
I was amused that it supported the GB Printer though, you could print out pictures of any pkmn whose puzzle you cleared.

Incidentally, there was not one, but two Sutte Hakkun NES entries in the lot check list. It was also in there as "Glass Bird Puzzle", with a notation that it was "developed in two parts", whatever that means.

Sonic Sez

That choke will make you smoke!
kiwifarms.net
Anyone heard of Yeah Yeah Beebiss? I wonder if evidence of that could get leaked (and I know what the short answer to that mystery is, btw)
That was in a flyer with listings of NES games and their prices. If a lot check for the NES is in the gigaleak (most likley the case, since the one for Game Boy has been leaked), we may have some closure to the mystery. There's a valid theory that the game in question is an unreleased localization for the Japanese exclusive, "Family Trainer: Rai Rai Kyonshis: Baby Kyonshi no Amida Daibouken", since "rai rai" translates to "yeah yeah" , and that there is a baby on the boxart. "Beebiss" might be a typo of baby.
Baby_Kyonshi.jpg

Coolio55

Numbuh one brony in da hood, G
kiwifarms.net
So has anyone actually been playing any of the leaked games? I made it through Sutte Hakkun and most of PKMN Picross. I got sick of the latter though because there's absolutely zero tolerance for mistakes if you want the "fast clear". And since the time limts are so tight, you're going to be rushing and inevitably fat-fingering something.
Those jammy cunts who can read japanese are probably devouring Gimmick Land and that one SNES game demake as we speak.
As for me, I'm gonna play bounced and the other demoscene games.

Just_a_Bored_Guy

Cruising with the guys
kiwifarms.net
I was amused that it supported the GB Printer though, you could print out pictures of any pkmn whose puzzle you cleared.

Incidentally, there was not one, but two Sutte Hakkun NES entries in the lot check list. It was also in there as "Glass Bird Puzzle", with a notation that it was "developed in two parts", whatever that means.
I 100%ed Pokemon Picross including its listing on RetroAchievements and I liked it a lot. I agree the Great Ball requirements are tight, but I didn't have too many issues with it. I'm earnestly surprised Nintendo/Game Freak shelved it, considering it's practically complete and they did release some Picross games after it (Picross NP).

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I agree the Great Ball requirements are tight, but I didn't have too many issues with it.
Do you get anything for getting them all?
The time requirements themselves mostly aren't unreasonable, it's just that you can't make any mistakes because there isn't 1 minute's worth of slack in them. And I have a habit of accidentally overrunning those long runs and overwriting an "X" :sighduck:

Just_a_Bored_Guy

Cruising with the guys
kiwifarms.net
Do you get anything for getting them all?
The time requirements themselves mostly aren't unreasonable, it's just that you can't make any mistakes because there isn't 1 minute's worth of slack in them. And I have a habit of accidentally overrunning those long runs and overwriting an "X" :sighduck:
No, I don't think so. And I know what you mean about overwriting, not a fun time.

Xarpho

plz no bully
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mother 3 turns 15 years old next April.

I wonder if the leakers are saving EB64 for that.
Rumors are only the first few chapters of EB64 were the ones closest to being playable, and most of the surviving screenshots being with Flint in pre-modernization Tazmily seem to support that. Interviews have explained the game was supposed to be much, much larger, so maybe there will be things like a full game script to show how the game was actually supposed to be like.

whatever I feel like

Disney Diaper Size Fetish Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
There was another leak yesterday, for what its worth. Not really anything notable from what I've heard. Pre-release firmware for the Wii and other stuff like that.