'No Stupid Questions' General -

3119967d0c

a... brain - @StarkRavingMad
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Dr. Geronimo

Echo chambers are bad for your health.
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone know how to get past the prompt for a photo ID for making a facebook account? I need it for the marketplace but I'm not letting those fucks have my id.

catpin

CNN "Journalist"
kiwifarms.net
My pc is making so much of an fucking ruckus that people in my house start to ask me to keep it down. All i want to do is play ffxiv in peace. My pc constantly makes this humming noise.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Arm Pit Cream

אΩ+1

The Aleph
kiwifarms.net
I wondering if I do a carriage return instead of newline, would the text in second print function overwrite the output text in the first print function.

• Thunk-Provoking

Aberforth

Straight A student in special ed.
kiwifarms.net
My pc is making so much of an fucking ruckus that people in my house start to ask me to keep it down. All i want to do is play ffxiv in peace. My pc constantly makes this humming noise.
Open it up and dust it. Shop vac, datavac, or canned air. Some people use leaf blowers and vacuums, but those aren't recommended due to static. If that doesn't fix things replace the case fans with quieter ones. Noctua and Be Quiet! are good silence focused brands. Very easy to unplug the old fans and plug the new ones in. These fancier fans, unsurprisingly, will be a bit more expensive.

You can use a program such as MSI Afterburner to tweak your GPU fan settings. If the GPU has the fans on at all times, you could fix that through this and have the fans turn on once a certain temperature is reached.

I'd recommend ramping it up a little once things get around the 68c-70c range. Nvidia and AMD cards can safely run in the 80c-90c range, but it isn't recommended.

Reactions: catpin

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
I have zero clue what the other two even are.
but yes USBs are not connected and I have this issue.
In the video you posted where you got it to to work you went into the boot menu and went down a step from Windows Boot Manager to P0: [something] - try doing the same thing in the BIOS to make it permanent.
Maybe this is how your bios looks.

SickNastyBastard

Only bitch niggas fuck women
kiwifarms.net
I'm currently doing some development work and need help choosing a hosting service. Right now I'm leaning towards AWS, but Azure is a close second. I'm unfamiliar with other services, so if you have any other suggestions I am all ears.

Coffee Shits

Good morning!
kiwifarms.net
Both AWS and Azure will become quite expensive very quickly, and when you least expect it. That is to say, if it gets popular overnight you're going to be hurting in the morning.

If you're thinking about a public project that needs to be web facing and you're comfortable with Linux, DigitalOcean would be my choice. Drops you into a root shell with no mess or fuss. I've heard good things about Linode as well, but haven't used it personally. If you're not comfortable with that any commodity hosting will do, but your mileage will vary (they are all oversold and you will get fucked eventually).

If it's just something you need to stick up somewhere for only yourself, build out a virtual machine for it and host it locally.

MAPK phosphatase

Cell Death Regulator
kiwifarms.net
If you're just experimenting around with php, node.js, and web dev stuff Heroku is good (and free if you don't start using it for a website a lot of people will visit). You can find some inexpensive hosting options on LowEndBox.com. I've personally used Hostgator for websites. If you need to ask this question you probably aren't at the point where you need to be using a system as monolithic as AWS or Azure. If your project ever out-grows your original box you can always move your configuration and website over to bigger servers. If you're paying for AWS or Azure at that point you can leverage their customer support.
And regardless, working with a piece of shit VPS builds character.

Looney Troons

i need that money i really do i need that money
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’ve been a customer of DigitalOcean since they’ve launched, so they have my +1. I do hear that they have a very intrusive verification process these days in attempt to thwart abuse of their services (they, alongside SoftLayer and HostGator had huge issues in 14-15 with fraudulent account signups to basically burn through IP space), including linking to your “verified” social media account(s), GitHub account, or sending a picture of your driver’s license.

SickNastyBastard

Only bitch niggas fuck women
kiwifarms.net
I wondering if I do a carriage return instead of newline, would the text in second print function overwrite the output text in the first print function.
I just gave this a shot in the online python ide and "print("stackoverflow")print("\rnine")" errored out and I had to put the functions on separate lines to get it to compile. My best guess is that if the syntax didn't throw an error, then yes. But in practice it doesn't look like it works like that.

But im not really a python guy....

Edit: lol, I tried piping it and it ran, but it printed on separate lines.

werbwub

kiwifarms.net
How much better is 4k TN monitor than a 1080p IPS monitor?

I intend to purchase a Samsung UE590 monitor to replace my Acer r240HY. I mostly use my computer for gaming, school work, browsing the web, and using ai upscaling software.

• Thunk-Provoking
Tags
None