'No Stupid Questions' General -

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
How do you fix a non scrolling mouse wheel?
Is it stuck or does it scroll but doesn't register? Is it a smooth scrolling wheel or one of the clicky ones?

Either way, open it up and clean out the wheel section. Lots of mice does their scrolling input with an optical sensor that trips when the spokes of the wheel is passing infront of it. If there's crud or even an eyelash down there it could block the sensor.

BlueSpark

kiwifarms.net
Is 100% percent scaling better on a 15.6 inch screen vs 125% default that windows sets. Also more crisp, that is for sure.
If you can see things fine then yes. Some applications and games have weird rendering issues when the scaling is something ther than 100% so it's better to have it as that whenever possible.

• Agree
Reactions: 3119967d0c

Mox

kiwifarms.net
Is it stuck or does it scroll but doesn't register? Is it a smooth scrolling wheel or one of the clicky ones?

Either way, open it up and clean out the wheel section. Lots of mice does their scrolling input with an optical sensor that trips when the spokes of the wheel is passing infront of it. If there's crud or even an eyelash down there it could block the sensor.
It's an INTEX wired mouse. tried change the mouse settings, checking for new drives and reboot it. Nothing seems to work and is extremely frustrating. Other than the wheel, the mouse works fine. In fact the mouse was working perfectly today. But I'll try it and see if it does anything.

orelpuppington

kiwifarms.net
what is the picture for the TMI rating supposed to be?

the horrifying one also confuses me. it looks like a piercing for someones eyebrow 🤔

Meat Poultry Veg

The staff of life
kiwifarms.net
I just don't get how to update my display drivers on Linux (Mint 19.somethingother). To doxx my graphics card, I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti.

MrJokerRager

I like me some nice big boobs
kiwifarms.net
Anyone know how to practice SAP or get access to the software as it definitely can't run on my computer.

SIGSEGV

Segmentation fault (core dumped)
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My laptop is leaking memory, how do I put it back inside?

Duncan Hills Coffee

Oww, my byaaack
kiwifarms.net
what is the picture for the TMI rating supposed to be?
It's a reference to Dragon Ball Z. The rating itself is a scouter, a device used to detect one's power level (this is where the "It's over 9000!" meme comes from). Powerleveling was also the original name of the rating; I think Null changed it because he was sick of people misusing the term.

Bender

I bend the truth.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When I first joined and the icons were smaller I thought it was a bone, when the icons got embiggened I thought it was a cotton bud for some reason, lol.
View attachment 1284813

now i'm even more scared to find out what the TMI one is
It's a scouter from Dragon Ball Z, they detect powerlevels and serves as a reminder to never reveal your powerlevel. At least I think so, as I said I thought the horrifying rating was an cotton bud.

• Agree
Reactions: BlueSpark

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
When I first joined and the icons were smaller I thought it was a bone, when the icons got embiggened I thought it was a cotton bud for some reason, lol.

It's a scouter from Dragon Ball Z, they detect powerlevels and serves as a reminder to never reveal your powerlevel. At least I think so, as I said I thought the horrifying rating was an cotton bud.
Oh. I always thought it was a can opener(opening a can of worms) and that the deviant rating was a pair of plus sized red-frilled panties which made sense in a way.

Spedestrian

Shitposting in Ring Zero
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What's the deal with all those idler "games" on mobile platforms?
What do you mean? They're barebones Skinner boxes intended to appeal to a broad audience of casual gamers who don't have the necessary time and/or mental capacity for actual games. A lot of people don't play, think, or care about games enough to see past the thin veneer of "gameplay" that idle games provide — they just like to watch numbers go up and get told they're winners.

Boris Blank's glass eye

Ring the bell, Roll down the street
kiwifarms.net
What do you mean? They're barebones Skinner boxes intended to appeal to a broad audience of casual gamers who don't have the necessary time and/or mental capacity for actual games. A lot of people don't play, think, or care about games enough to see past the thin veneer of "gameplay" that idle games provide — they just like to watch numbers go up and get told they're winners.
That's exactly it: there's no gameplay to speak of - they seem to be no more than autoplaying pop-up generators to me.
I suppose my point would be "what's the point when there's no gameplay?". Why do they even exist? I can't even see much monetization potential in them, waifufagging mobages should be a lot more successful in that field. There are already more than enough casual games, "Facebook mom games", and even "serious games", like iOS/Android ports of classics like Castlevania: SotN or Max Payne 1.

• Feels
Reactions: Spedestrian

SickNastyBastard

The aesthetic Jake Hammer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Are GSM packets going to become obsolete with 5g? And is 5g going to be as big as some are making it out to be? I remember cisco valuing IoT at like $19 trillion and that didn't happen.

Tags
None