'No Stupid Questions' General -

Vecr

"nanoposts with 90° spatial rotational symmetries"
kiwifarms.net
This may have already been covered but what is the best way to download a video from Youtube on Mac without having to pay for anything or install some bullshit app from Russia? Need to download 2 vids, (I only need the audio, but I can do that myself once I get the files)...

There is a homebrew option.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Epic has the right idea.
kiwifarms.net

SheerHeartAttack

kiwifarms.net
Forgive me if this has been asked before, but how do you archive 4chan theads? I believe it's done automatically, but I want to post a currently active thread on one of the threads here. I have the thread saved as an HTML file as well.

Stuffed Derma

Peer Pressured into a Thai Vasectomy
kiwifarms.net
Howdy Friends. The Twitch Advisory Board thing has given me oldfag feels about the cataclysmic Livejournal Advisory Board Election of 2008. I’ve searched and can’t find a good place for posts on historical drama, livejournal, or the twitch advisory board as a general happening (and not a news story or related to that deer person thing)

I actually checked this board to see if it would be a good place and then noticed this thread so thank you for this!!

please advise on a good general thread or an appropriate board where I might post a thread to dredge up some classic internet drama and relate it to contemporary happenings

if this specific autism for old drama doesn’t quite fit In anywhere, then no worries! I have plenty more to enjoy down on the farm

thanks in advance!

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When you look at a page with no style, or save it as *.txt, there's always a 4-digit number at the end. What's up with that?

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I use Firefox and I'm not seeing that.
It doesn't show up on all pages though, only ones with more modern HTML. I wrote a simple test page and it doesn't show up there. I think this odd number is somewhere in the code itself.

(Also I use an older Firefox. Like below 50.)

Bender

The life-ender fender Bender
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It doesn't show up on all pages though, only ones with more modern HTML. I wrote a simple test page and it doesn't show up there. I think this odd number is somewhere in the code itself.

(Also I use an older Firefox. Like below 50.)
Why the fuck would you run such outdated software? There's a huge exploit in Firefox that allows RCE on your PC that was only fixed recently.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Having a firewall doesn't mean anything when your browser, that already has Internet access, is running arbitrary code.
Are these crapcodes only on a site, or can a hacker get you just by having the browser open and an internet connection on?

And does leaving the site stop the code from running?

a lighter DE like LXQt
What's a DE?

(wow browsers have gotten so complicated now)

Bender

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Are these crapcodes only on a site, or can a hacker get you just by having the browser open and an internet connection on?

And does leaving the site stop the code from running?

What's a DE?

(wow browsers have gotten so complicated now)
Are you running Linux, BSD or macOS?

Slav Power

Serious politics
kiwifarms.net
I am absolutely desperate for a new phone, and I'm thinking about the Nokia 7.2. Would it be a good daily driver for music, YouTube, and misc productivity stuff?
vivaldi_2020-06-03_20-35-37.png

Bender

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I am absolutely desperate for a new phone, and I'm thinking about the Nokia 7.2. Would it be a good daily driver for music, YouTube, and misc productivity stuff?View attachment 1346651
Pretty much every phone released in the last two years can do that, what you should look for is long-term support (Apple/Pixel) or community support (LineageOS). I wanted a new phone, but now I'm still happily using Android 10 on a 5-year-old HTC One M9, thanks to LineageOS and it's still smooth and responsive. Try installing that if you have a compatible Android device (back your stuff up first though).

Tags
None