'No Stupid Questions' General -

Boris Blank's glass eye

Ring the bell, Roll down the street
kiwifarms.net
I am absolutely desperate for a new phone, and I'm thinking about the Nokia 7.2. Would it be a good daily driver for music, YouTube, and misc productivity stuff?
Get a new-ish LG if you're very serious about music, they can do 32bit/192kHz playback and recording. The LG G7 Fit (cheaper flagship) is in the same price range.

Slav Power

Medium hawaiian for everyone!
kiwifarms.net
Get a new-ish LG if you're very serious about music, they can do 32bit/192kHz playback and recording. The LG G7 Fit (cheaper flagship) is in the same price range.
Used phones are not an option, I need to buy something reliable, so it's best to go for brand new.
Pretty much every phone released in the last two years can do that, what you should look for is long-term support (Apple/Pixel) or community support (LineageOS). I wanted a new phone, but now I'm still happily using Android 10 on a 5-year-old HTC One M9, thanks to LineageOS and it's still smooth and responsive. Try installing that if you have a compatible Android device (back your stuff up first though).
Nokia's use Android One, which is kinda like a Nexus/Pixel Android support for third parties, so I guess it would do well.

Bender

I bend the truth.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Used phones are not an option, I need to buy something reliable, so it's best to go for brand new.

Nokia's use Android One, which is kinda like a Nexus/Pixel Android support for third parties, so I guess it would do well.
What phone are you currently using?

Slav Power

Medium hawaiian for everyone!
kiwifarms.net
What phone are you currently using?
I'm currently in need of buying a new phone, as the one I've been using, LG G3, is starting to have serious usability problems. WiFi doesn't work, and the battery gets drained by something. And I don't plan on fixing it, as it's an old phone from 2014 (bought in 2015) that has a weak battery I cannot replace with anything reasonable. Right now I'm browsing through what I have to use as a backup, and I can either use a Nokia 3330 or a Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus while I look for a new phone. And no, I'm not gonna use the Trend Plus as a daily driver because it's unusably slow and laggy, and I don't think flashing it with LineageOS would help.
Sorry, Amazon isn't available in Poland.

Bender

I bend the truth.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm currently in need of buying a new phone, as the one I've been using, LG G3, is starting to have serious usability problems. WiFi doesn't work, and the battery gets drained by something. And I don't plan on fixing it, as it's an old phone from 2014 (bought in 2015) that has a weak battery I cannot replace with anything reasonable. Right now I'm browsing through what I have to use as a backup, and I can either use a Nokia 3330 or a Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus while I look for a new phone. And no, I'm not gonna use the Trend Plus as a daily driver because it's unusably slow and laggy, and I don't think flashing it with LineageOS would help.
Yeah, fair enough with the battery issues, my One M9 is snappy and all, but it straight-up shuts off when it gets down to about 17% battery life. It sucks there aren't many phones around with replaceable batteries anymore and none of the manufacturers will replace your old, fucked battery.

Boris Blank's glass eye

Ring the bell, Roll down the street
kiwifarms.net
I feel you, kolega. The Nokia should be a good all-rounder, and it still has a 3.5mm jack. Looking at the spec sheet at GSMarena, its weakest part seems to be the battery, so get a powerbank along with the phone, if you don't have one already. If you can, go for a 6GB RAM model. You can always get another SDXC, but on-board RAM can't be increased.
According to the review, audio quality should be fairly good if you're using ear- or headphones. Brightness and contrast are average, but the colours are pretty good.

Greetings from another (non-Polish) (half-)slav.

• Feels
Reactions: Slav Power

Bender

I bend the truth.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
6'5, photo pending
Hmmm, what do you mean by "quiet"? You don't just sidle up to a girl and stand there staring at her hoping she'll start the conversation, I hope.

Edit: DM me your picture (if you actually take one), don't post it in this thread, lol.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
I am absolutely desperate for a new phone, and I'm thinking about the Nokia 7.2. Would it be a good daily driver for music, YouTube, and misc productivity stuff?View attachment 1346651
It looks perfectly fine from the specs, it looks to be solidly upper mid-range. The GPU is the weakest part of the SoC but it's still 3x faster than the one in my phone and I have no complaints. You should look into battery life.

Hot tip for phones for anyone curious about performance: plug in the name of the model and "gsmarena" into google, look for the chipset/SoC and google that and click on the result with the url notebookcheck.com and they have a write up on what it is, when it came out, where it ranks etc. There's also a compare function so you can compare the cpu/gpu to any other mobile part from the last ten years or more. I avoided falling into the trap of paying $250 for an Xperia after finding out it's just a slicker $120 phone.

Amazon.de, orders over €40 gets free shipping within the EU.

Are women intimidated by quiet tall guys or am I just ugly?
How do you approach them?
it follows giphy.gif

Last edited:

SigSauer

kiwifarms.net
Could anyone create a Google alternative that let's you scour the deep web? As in, websites that were blacklisted by Google? A website can get blacklisted for many reasons, such as the websites are new and have just been added to the web, the websites use no index, no follow rules, someone sent DMCA takedown requests to the search provider linking to the site, the sites are dynamically generated, the sites have been delisted (Google will often silently delist sites, take for example co.cc domains), etc.

I might need to call up the Right-Wing Dev Squads on this for a new (((Google))) alternative.

• Dumb
Reactions: Chester Rigby

Vecr

"nanoposts with 90° spatial rotational symmetries"
kiwifarms.net
Could anyone create a Google alternative that let's you scour the deep web? As in, websites that were blacklisted by Google? A website can get blacklisted for many reasons, such as the websites are new and have just been added to the web, the websites use no index, no follow rules, someone sent DMCA takedown requests to the search provider linking to the site, the sites are dynamically generated, the sites have been delisted (Google will often silently delist sites, take for example co.cc domains), etc.

I might need to call up the Right-Wing Dev Squads on this for a new (((Google))) alternative.
No. What you can do, I guess, is just provide a list of sites that people can search on their own.

SigSauer

kiwifarms.net
No. What you can do, I guess, is just provide a list of sites that people can search on their own.
Yeah, I thought so. The only way one could find such results is through backlinks, but as for how you could find these websites and then create an entire Hidden Wiki with millions of websites on it is beyond me.

Disco Inferno

DISCO FEVER YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH
kiwifarms.net
Is there a website I can use to make a spoof phone number?
I want to contribute more but my Twitter got perma'd a few months ago. I've been finding it difficult to browse twitter without an account.
Any suggestions?

Tags
None