'No Stupid Questions' General -

Tempest

Voci Dal Nulla
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
my headphones all die out on the right side, the headphones all go quieter and quieter on the right side, eventually dying off. this happened on both my current computer and my previous computer, I've gone through several headphones and several different types of headphones

Boris Blank's glass eye

Ring the bell, Roll down the street
kiwifarms.net
my headphones all die out on the right side, the headphones all go quieter and quieter on the right side, eventually dying off. this happened on both my current computer and my previous computer, I've gone through several headphones and several different types of headphones
Does the cord break? Even those with single cables on the left side? Have you tried wireless?
Does the driver unit die?

Never Scored

kiwifarms.net
Happens to me all the time with cheap dollar store headphones with thin little wires. Have you tried maybe a $20 pair of headphones with really thick, well insulated wires? I have a couple pairs of Sony ZX110 and they seem like they'd survive a war.

Tempest

Voci Dal Nulla
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Does the cord break? Even those with single cables on the left side? Have you tried wireless?
Does the driver unit die?
the cord doesn't break, there is a delay with wireless, I'm not sure what driver unit dying is
Sony ZX110
I have used Sony ZX110s and other headphones like that, same problem

I don't have problems with headphones if they're in different devices, I think it's a computer problem with me

haven't tried

USB headphones, maybe they'd work

Boris Blank's glass eye

kiwifarms.net
the cord doesn't break, there is a delay with wireless, I'm not sure what driver unit dying is
The driver unit is what converts electrical signals into sound - the magnet, coil, diaphragm part.
I don't have problems with headphones if they're in different devices, I think it's a computer problem with me
This is an important part. My first answer would have been "cord breakage", followed by "ear wax". This however indicates a different kind of problem, You said you had this problem on another computer - did they both have integrated sound cards or a dedicated one? Have you checked the balance settings?

Tempest

Voci Dal Nulla
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The driver unit is what converts electrical signals into sound - the magnet, coil, diaphragm part.

This is an important part. My first answer would have been "cord breakage", followed by "ear wax". This however indicates a different kind of problem, You said you had this problem on another computer - did they both have integrated sound cards or a dedicated one? Have you checked the balance settings?
I'm not sure what my computer now has, and I don't know what my previous one had, I have checked the balance and it's balanced. it appears now that actually if I use the headphones that went dead on another device, they might as well go dead. the audio without headphones is working well on my computer
You're right handed, right?
yes

Boris Blank's glass eye

kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure what my computer now has, and I don't know what my previous one had, I have checked the balance and it's balanced. it appears now that actually if I use the headphones that went dead on another device, they might as well go dead. the audio without headphones is working well on my computer
Got nothing, then. I'd suggest using earpods, but I myself hate wireless. @Smaug's Smokey Hole might be on to something.

Pargon

Hitler died, my mother also died
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Are there any decent killswitch services that would allow a user to lock/reset a number of devices remotely via a phone call or other input?

Buster O'Keefe

Enjoys offal
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What's the least hassle way to migrate a Vcenter hosted Windows SQL cluster with shared rdm drives to a new storage system? Downtime is not a problem.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
Are there any decent killswitch services that would allow a user to lock/reset a number of devices remotely via a phone call or other input?
Depends on what scenario you are trying to avoid. If someone wanted your data and suspected that you had a remote killswitch they would just put the computer in airplane mode or pull the ethernet cable. Geofencing on the other hand is passive and it is activated by GPS coordinates, if the device leaves the area you have defined it activates, so no connection to the internet or a cellular network is required. If you are worried about someone stealing your stuff, that is.

SickNastyBastard

The aesthetic Jake Hammer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I need a forum or a resource where I can ask about development in grey-areas, I have read through about 20 research papers and keep getting more questions than answers and I can't ask forums that may have answers because they know how much of a grey area it is. I need niggas with straight forward answers. Every single "greyhat/blackhat" place I found is full of BLM fags who just ask about FB hacking thinking they're #hacktivists; or not operating in the space I am in. I need real fuckers who will give me brutal feedback and good suggestions and have ACTUAL knowledge about the whole wireless communication process.

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
Does anybody know what kind of glow in the dark visited here ? they have gotten realy bad at making fake faces.

person.png

SickNastyBastard

The aesthetic Jake Hammer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Does anybody know what kind of glow in the dark visited here ? they have gotten realy bad at making fake faces.

View attachment 1415321
Dude, this tech had me fuckin wilin' out for hours when I read about it. Like what a fucking achievement it is to build ai that can conceptually understand what a face is. Check out this shit from nvidia, all open source. Their Xavier is fucking crazy juiced.

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
Dude, this tech had me fuckin wilin' out for hours when I read about it. Like what a fucking achievement it is to build ai that can conceptually understand what a face is.
the quality went down in the last weeks by alot. the backgrounds are all fucked up and people in the background look like eldritch abominations.

Tags
None