'No Stupid Questions' General -

Lumin

Specs are under "About"
kiwifarms.net
My two pieces of advice are that multi-quote is a useful thing, and that you shouldn't admit to breaking the law online or offline

• Feels
Reactions: KooksandFreaks

Safir

ノークレーム・ノーリターン
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I need to make a customer revenge site (e.g. paypalsucks.com except aimed at a vastly less dangerous opponent, so I don't need much resilience). I'm a backend developer and I know fuck all about The World Wide Web. What's the easiest way to do it, preferably so that the total cost to me (in money and wamen-hours) doesn't exceed the amount I got scammed for?

Reactions: melty

twat-waffle

I couldn't find a cuntasaurous.
kiwifarms.net
I need to make a customer revenge site (e.g. paypalsucks.com except aimed at a vastly less dangerous opponent, so I don't need much resilience). I'm a backend developer and I know fuck all about The World Wide Web. What's the easiest way to do it, preferably so that the total cost to me (in money and wamen-hours) doesn't exceed the amount I got scammed for?

This for your hosting:

This for your site generation:

Wingus Dongshire

kiwifarms.net
What did windows 10 do with appdata? I used to be able to pop into users/???/local/appdata and find it, but now it's all gone into the ether. I've tried ??appdata?? but no luck.
You got it backwards, it's %userprofile%\appdata\local, not \local\appdata

Or you could just use %localappdata%, as %appdata% goes to the appdata\roaming

Edit: To clarify, it's a hidden folder so if you're trying to double click through to it make sure hidden files and OS files aren't set to hidden in explorer

Two things:

1) What's the best way to dual boot these days? It's literally been around 15 years since I've tried. Trying to run Win7 & Kali on the same comp without stripping 7 if I can avoid it. 500g HDD, was thinking 250G for each side?

2) What's a good, preferably free, engine for programming 2d games that's not too complicated for someone just starting out?
If you're using Kali for pentesting, don't boot it baremetal, where a payload can mount and reach your windows partition. Virtualize it. If you HAVE to dual boot, install Kali after windows, the installer configures GRUB to autoadd Windows as a secondary boot option.

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How do people use VPNs all the time? I always get blocked trying to use Google, 4chan, and many other sites.
Is there any way to get a dedicated IP that just isn't my location? Let's say I want to pretend I live in Kansas all the time. Can I do that?

Does anyone have some examples of good, actually useful raspberry pi projects they've seen or made themselves? Especially ones that aren't on "top raspberry pi projects" type lists.

Wingus Dongshire

kiwifarms.net
How do people use VPNs all the time? I always get blocked trying to use Google, 4chan, and many other sites.
Is there any way to get a dedicated IP that just isn't my location? Let's say I want to pretend I live in Kansas all the time. Can I do that?

Does anyone have some examples of good, actually useful raspberry pi projects they've seen or made themselves? Especially ones that aren't on "top raspberry pi projects" type lists.
I made one of my Raspberry Pi's into a hardware emulator for a Commodore 1541 to use with my 64, does that work for you?

• Informative
Reactions: melty

Ivan Shatov

Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
kiwifarms.net
What's the best way to buy a PC these days?

Have to get one for work, don't want to build it myself. Used to get everything from Frys, but they only have like 4 pre-built systems right now and they all suck.

Going to use it for big data, complex modeling software and video rendering. Processor, RAM and GPU are what matter. Don't need monitors or peripherals.

I've been looking for systems with a AMD Ryzen 9 processor, there aren't many and most of the ones I found are out of stock. Would like to get a GeForce RTX video card for raytracing and specific tensorflow optimizations. Can't seem to find anything with this specific configuration. Will probably run it with 64GB of RAM, would like an option for 128GB.

While I'm not too concerned about money, I'd feel bad going over $3k.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Last time I bought one I got a refurb laptop. Needed more refurbing with a fresh install of Windows instead of just removing the old user or whatever they halfassed, but it's been working nonstop for about five years or so (knock on wood).

Tags
None