'No Stupid Questions' General -

Remove Goat

Wendy_Carter's #1 fan and potential rapist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How do I safely browse Ukrainian mail order child bride sites?

Every time I go to one, I get a message from my probation officer that I'm violating the terms of my parole, but I just turn my phone off and eventually he shows up to whine at me, it's very tiring and I'd like to avoid it.

Edit: I'm asking for a friend in their words, exceptional individuals

Last edited:

ArnoldPalmer

kiwifarms.net
Hi exceptional individual here

how do i install AMD proprietary drives on linux mint 19.2 since i have a 144hz monitor but can't change the refresh rate

would it be easier just using ubuntu?
Linux Mint is, essentially, Ubuntu's base code, with a more Windows user-friendly UI. Anything you do with Mint can be done in Ubuntu, and vice-versa. The only thing that may get in your way is a change in installation flags, which is as simple as finding the instances in which Ubuntu is mentioned in your install script for the drivers, and replacing it with linuxmint.

Reactions: NOMYBITCASH

Elwood P. Dowd

President of the Maxliam Fan Club.
kiwifarms.net
What are the odds of getting fucked in the ass for illegally downloading (ebooks, movies, music, TV shows, your answer here)? Is there some threshold for this sort of thing that will bring the FBI to your house? Or where your ISP denies service? I actually never did much of this, and not at all lately, but with 800 separate streaming services coming I'm now rethinking being such a boy scout.

Also, b/c I'm a lazy nigga, does anyone know if there's a Chrome equivalent to this?

Its basically all I use Firefox for at this point. And it really doesn't even bypass paywalls, not really, more like lets sites think adblock is disabled when it isn't. Does that very well, though.

baku

kiwifarms.net
What are the odds of getting fucked in the ass for illegally downloading (ebooks, movies, music, TV shows, your answer here)? Is there some threshold for this sort of thing that will bring the FBI to your house? Or where your ISP denies service? I actually never did much of this, and not at all lately, but with 800 separate streaming services coming I'm now rethinking being such a boy scout.

Also, b/c I'm a lazy nigga, does anyone know if there's a Chrome equivalent to this?

Its basically all I use Firefox for at this point. And it really doesn't even bypass paywalls, not really, more like lets sites think adblock is disabled when it isn't. Does that very well, though.
realistically if you're not distributing illegal content yourself you're at the bottom of the priority list. i'm pretty sure that seeding torrents does count as distribution, though, and isps don't really like p2p traffic in general. but if you're just streaming and not doing anything crazy like maxing out your bandwith by illegally downloading 100 different tv shows your isp probably won't give enough a shit to do anything about it.

Growing up my parents would always say playing YouTube or videos would eventually slow down computers and fuck them up.

Were they telling the truth?
probably not, i think. outside of things like physical damage or viruses, computer slowdown over time is caused by fragmentation, where files aren't stored effectively which makes reading and writing less efficient, or just because you have too many programs running in the background. unless playing videos is making your computers overheat, i don't think that it should have any long-term effect on performance.

• Informative
Reactions: Elwood P. Dowd

Stasi

kiwifarms.net
Got a machine with SSD (linux partition), 500GB HDD salvaged from old laptop (linux home folder) and 2TB HDD (Windows 8). Been using linux for years and it suddenly becomes slow as shit, programs taking forever to load, even small file transfers take forever to write, freezes randomly.

I thought I somehow fucked up Mint so re-installed - same issue. Installed Manjaro - same issue so it wasn't me breaking the distro.

I've been using Windows last couple of months and it works with no issues which leads me to believe the 500GB drive is my problem. When I do a disk check in windows though it returns 'OK' for all of the drives which makes me second guess myself. The SSD is pretty new and the sandisk app installed in widows shows it as having perfect health so doubt its the SSD.

Anyone have any ideas? Is it likely the 500GB drive, is there another method I can double check before I shell out for another HDD?

NOMYBITCASH

Becoming Brown - Scotland Edition
kiwifarms.net
I've just done a freshinstall of win10 for my older pc and installed qbitorrent but for some reason malware bytes keep saying its blocking trojan

I'm confused about this i downloaded it from the offical website.

1573156827662.png

a_lurker

kiwifarms.net
Why won't they just let 8chan die?
It keeps being brought back as shitty, unmoderated trash fires. (8channel, 8kun)
clearly there is a demand for shitty unmoderated trashfires, even if only for the principle of having a shitty unmoderated trashfire exist.

I've just done a freshinstall of win10 for my older pc and installed qbitorrent but for some reason malware bytes keep saying its blocking trojan

I'm confused about this i downloaded it from the offical website.
sourceforge got into some trouble a couple years ago for packing in toolbars or whatever, but it could possibly be your windows install was fucked before you installed qbitorrent.

lots of malware/iffy sites offer driver tools or driver updaters, could also be you using some janky ass torrent site windows 10 iso that has malware conveniently preinstalled.

• Agree
Reactions: 3119967d0c

Cryonic Haunted Bullets

Niemals schlafen! Alles Lügen!
kiwifarms.net
I want to learn Python, but I have no experience in programming and I'm low IQ. What's the best way to do it?
Does anyone know of good tutorials to start learning how to program? I've wanted to learn a few C languages and maybe get a job in a programming field but I've never known where to start.
For me, at least, nothing beats a well-written paperback on the subject matter. I'd recommend this one for C++ in particular. Plenty of e-books and online resources exist as well; good starting points are Codecademy and Joy of Elixir.

If you're really hardcore and want a deep understanding of the various facets of programming, you can also go through the "Wizard Book" used by MIT's introductory programming course. A more concise version can be found here.

Feline Supremacist

I am a Dog-Exclusionary Radical Felinist
kiwifarms.net
What's the best way to test a power supply? I have a few that look decent but I have no idea if they'd work if I stuck them in a computer. I have basic tools and bits but not much else.

They take up space and I need to get rid of useless things.

Shoggoth

kiwifarms.net
I built my parents a glorified Facebook machine that, about a year later, now takes about 10 minutes to restart and runs like a paraplegic despite almost nothing being installed with less than 25% of the HDD being used. Clearing temp files and running malware scans doesn't improve its sluggish behavior; is there anything I've been too exceptional to check?
Man just put Puppy Linux on their machine and get it over with.

Shoggoth

kiwifarms.net
good basic programming langague to learn for an idiot?
If you really are an idiot, and not memeing, consider the following:
Don't program. Don't inflict shit code on others. What one monkey shits out in a code base ten monkeys will be afraid to modify or touch two years down the line (until a lunatic like my comes along).
The best code is no code. Be an enlightened programmer.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino