TGWTG Nostalgia Chick / Lindsay Ellis / TheDudette - aka Hotdogs in face girl

Tiana

kiwifarms.net
Repeat after me, that time honored rationalization mantra: It's okay when we do it.
A bit like when "anti SJW's" pretend to be against stuff they do themselves.

No amount would ever be enough for these people.
She respond saying:

"that is a staggeringly self-centered approach to relating to other human beings, that you expect them to center your day job over any other potentiality, which is to say nothing of quantifying "creatives" with their follower count, but ok, live your truth buddy."

Her friend ContraPoints just tweeted that he won't associate with anyone who isn't a social media influencer, so why is she still friends with Nyk while attacking Boogie for saying the same thing? Oh right, because she and her fellow SJW influencers really are an elitist clique who only associate with other SJW e-celebs like themselves. It's funny how people who are this anti-social nevertheless fancy themselves social commentators. They have no idea what goes on outside their clique.
Most of them do, being hypocritical about something doesn't mean you don't know what's going on.

Medicated

Not the fun kind
kiwifarms.net
A bit like when "anti SJW's" pretend to be against stuff they do themselves.

Most of them do, being hypocritical about something doesn't mean you don't know what's going on.
So what you are saying that when Lindsay dropped the Nostalgia Chick persona, instead of talking about what she actually thought, she just changed her persona to Ellen Page instead?

Sissy Galvez

kiwifarms.net
She respond saying:

"that is a staggeringly self-centered approach to relating to other human beings, that you expect them to center your day job over any other potentiality, which is to say nothing of quantifying "creatives" with their follower count, but ok, live your truth buddy."

Her friend ContraPoints just tweeted that he won't associate with anyone who isn't a social media influencer, so why is she still friends with Nyk while attacking Boogie for saying the same thing? Oh right, because she and her fellow SJW influencers really are an elitist clique who only associate with other SJW e-celebs like themselves. It's funny how people who are this anti-social nevertheless fancy themselves social commentators. They have no idea what goes on outside their clique.
Yeah that’s a good message to spread, “you’re only a person if you’re on social media being a degenerate in front of thousands of followers” when sane people know social media is AIDS.

I can’t wait for the “influencer” backlash much like the “startup” backlash. When people fucking ditch Facebook and YouTube they’ll become pariahs, even more lonely than they already are.

CharlesBarkley

kiwifarms.net
We need to give them a country surrounded by people who will be at war with them for 70 years after? I'm down with that.
Imo give reparations but just take all the cash from rich coastal elites and high ranking YouTube stars. Everyone wins.

Funny part of this, is Dolly is one of the most philanthropic and benevolent rich people I can think of.
Also she has rocking tittes.

Medicated

Not the fun kind
kiwifarms.net
Welp. Someone's low on drinking money. Did Mr. Space-X get laid off?
If you check out her recent 20 tweet long musing of "Imposter Syndrome" I really think she just wants attention. God, does she fucking waffle on about nothing. She should've married Peter Coffin.

Been thinking on this for a while. John is my bud, but I wanted to add this as people may take the wrong message from it. Imposter syndrome isn't a question of action (obviously if you write words you're a "writer" in the most literal sense), but of quality and legitimacy. THREAD
Defining “imposter syndrome” as “the fear that you will be exposed as a fraud” is one aspect of the condition, but a bit reductive as it tends to focus on the “fraud” part rather than a general feeling of inadequacy with regard to peers.
Scalzi’s personal example, as he notes, has much to do with class and privilege, but it has just as much to do with how you were raised, and as an adult it’s difficult to rewire those thought patterns, and it's hard to speak to that if you've never experienced imposter syndrome.
If you were raised with hyper-critical parents, especially wrt your academic/creative work, that will follow you into adulthood. Even if you weren’t, if you are surrounded by people who are critical of you, you’re going to grow up assuming this is the default.
There is a gender component to this as well - as women we’re pretty much inundated from birth with skepticism that we are ever as good at anything as our male counterparts. Same with race (weird, how often Black writers are described as "articulate").
At USC (where when I was there the grad student body was about 20% women) we always joked/not-joked that we had to work twice as hard to be seen as half as good. And even knowing there is an unjust double standard in place, it's hard not to internalize some of that.
Obviously imposter syndrome is not unique to women, but on some level, if you experience it enough that it actually effects your work, it is baked into your personality, so implying it's something that one can or should overcome can compound that damage.
So Scalzi talking about why he thinks he’s never suffered from Imposter Syndrome is a separate issue from people overcoming their own. I’m sure he gets the question "how do I overcome imposter syndrome?" a lot - but here is the thing; if he's never had it, he doesn’t know.
Speaking as someone who has never not operated under some form of imposter syndrome or other, I can't say that I have any answers either, but I do know that invalidating feelings of inadequacy makes those feelings worse. "I SHOULD not feel this way - WHY can't I get over this?"
A lot of times people don't realize "you are good at thing, actually" can feel dismissive. Dismissing negative thoughts isn’t helpful for the people who have them - it is a form of invalidating emotions, and the root of these negative thoughts isn’t logic, but self-image.
I don’t know what it is to be satisfied or feel secure in what I do. Every time I hit a milestone, I don't feel secure in it--I’ve already moved the goal post before I even realize I’ve succeeded at [Thing]. But the goal post has been moved, therefore the thing is not a success.
That said I find the attitude that “if you write you’re a writer” pretty disingenuous because even though it’s a nice sentiment, no one believes it. I think people having these feel-good attitudes pushed on them is just another form of invalidating hypercritical negative emotions
So rather than asking “how can I get over this” or implying that you should get over it, or that these feelings are not valid, on some level we should accept that for some people imposter syndrome will just be something you always live with, but learn to harness and cope with.
Speaking personally, my struggle is to reroute catastrophizing thought spirals (“I only achieved [thing] because soandso saw how many YT subs I have, not because of merit”) into something more productive (“how can I improve [thing] with the tools I have?”)
Because the thought patterns that lead to imposter syndrome need not always be a net negative - on some level, it is a form of perfectionism, but perfectionism can be harnessed as energy to create better, more thoughtful work. Perfectionism in moderation need not be destructive.
"Your negative feelings are valid" may not be the thing you want to hear from a public figure - what you want are solutions, but we don't have them. That's an internal process, and something you need to figure out for yourself.

I struggle with the term "perfectionism" because it implies that anything I've ever done is anywhere remotely close to perfect and it feels like a humblebrag, when in reality it's my #1 source of procrastination because it's setting an unachievable standard

Krokodil Overdose

[|][||][||][|_]
kiwifarms.net
If you check out her recent 20 tweet long musing of "Imposter Syndrome" I really think she just wants attention. God, does she fucking waffle on about nothing. She should've married Peter Coffin.

[waffling excised for length]
I wonder how much of this "impostor syndrome" is just her knowing that she owes what little e-fame she has to TGWTG and having nothing new or interesting to say on her own? Is it still a "syndrome" if your feelings of inadequacy are rooted in observable fact?

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino