TGWTG Nostalgia Chick / Lindsay Ellis / TheDudette - aka Hotdogs in face girl

Medicated

Not the fun kind
kiwifarms.net
Oh now shes decided that she can exploit this for new followers. Her blatant stripped bare egoism knows no bounds.

"I don't want to go near CA because Doug was a meanie white man, but me, I will protect the pedophiles in my midst. As long as I'm boss. #ULTRAWOKE"

Since I believe Lindsay is completely self serving, I think it's probably safe to say that attacking Nyberg would result in some sort of blacklash by proxy from other pedos placed in the industry, since they are known to cover for each other.

Last edited:

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Jeez. What a miserable person she is.

The "hotdogs in the face girl" is a meme. Pretty sure she wouldn't have a case here if she sought one out.

Plus, damn girl, the way she addressed her fans. "You're all flooding my DMs telling me this like I don't fucking know." Ok? Some fans who saw the movie and the trailers wanted to bring it to your attention; they're not harassing you, for god's sake. What a bitch, lol.

She is such a thankless wretch.

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
Jeez. What a miserable person she is.

The "hotdogs in the face girl" is a meme. Pretty sure she wouldn't have a case here if she sought one out.

Plus, damn girl, the way she addressed her fans. "You're all flooding my DMs telling me this like I don't fucking know." Ok? Some fans who saw the movie and the trailers wanted to bring it to your attention; they're not harassing you, for god's sake. What a bitch, lol.

She is such a thankless wretch.
Her SpaceX husband must not be fucking her good enough or as often as she needs.

RodgerDodger

kiwifarms.net
It’s a meme, I don’t think Lindsay has any rights here.
Actually she does. And God help me for defending this twit. This is a major Hollywood Production. A theatrical released movie. From a known studio. Not some Indy tier shit. They not only have an obligation to check and validate every frame of film, and make sure any individually identifiable parties have signed off on their images, they have whole teams and departments dedicated to it. Yeah it’s the “Hot Dogs in Face Girl” meme. But it isn’t some unidentified nobody. Everybody knows who that is in that gif. And it’s part of her professional work product (odd and sad as that sounds). I mean heck any Google search on Hot Dogs in Face Girl brings up among other things this very thread. With the linking to her name and working names right up there at the top. Further no matter how sad and Z list, she is an individual working in the industry and has some manner of representation. She has a legit beef. Not a gazillion dollar one. But she has a right to be appropriately offended. The Studio and film producers had an absolute responsibility to contact her before using her image in their movie. And no fair use likely doesn’t apply in this case. Particularly shocking is not only did the meme use make it into the movie itself, but made it into 2 rounds of marketing, which is supposed to have its own reviews to prevent this sort of thing.

While I’m not a fan of Lindsey I do find the thought of her kicking the shit out of some wannabe Paul Feig shitty RomCom producers to be oddly hilarious. Well worth the price of admission.

Ten2Nine

kiwifarms.net
Actually she does. And God help me for defending this twit. This is a major Hollywood Production. A theatrical released movie. From a known studio. Not some Indy tier shit. They not only have an obligation to check and validate every frame of film, and make sure any individually identifiable parties have signed off on their images, they have whole teams and departments dedicated to it. Yeah it’s the “Hot Dogs in Face Girl” meme. But it isn’t some unidentified nobody. Everybody knows who that is in that gif. And it’s part of her professional work product (odd and sad as that sounds). I mean heck any Google search on Hot Dogs in Face Girl brings up among other things this very thread. With the linking to her name and working names right up there at the top. Further no matter how sad and Z list, she is an individual working in the industry and has some manner of representation. She has a legit beef. Not a gazillion dollar one. But she has a right to be appropriately offended. The Studio and film producers had an absolute responsibility to contact her before using her image in their movie. And no fair use likely doesn’t apply in this case. Particularly shocking is not only did the meme use make it into the movie itself, but made it into 2 rounds of marketing, which is supposed to have its own reviews to prevent this sort of thing.

While I’m not a fan of Lindsey I do find the thought of her kicking the shit out of some wannabe Paul Feig shitty RomCom producers to be oddly hilarious. Well worth the price of admission.
When I saw the movie, I thought maybe Lindsay had approved it and that it could work in her favor. People would see that in the movie, maybe look up "hot dogs in the face girl" afterwards and find her name. They find her Twitter with a pinned tweet:

"(Hot dogs in the face girl GIF) Really cool to have a cameo in the Rebel Wilson comedy, "Isn't It Romantic". Loved it's positive message about body image. Poking fun at romantic comedies has been a pastime of mine, too ;) ( Link to Lindsay's You've Got Mail review )"

But, no. I mean, that's sort of what she's doing now but only because her lawsuit talk likely didn't garner the support she wanted. I agree that it is strange a major motion picture wouldn't look into who that GIF was of but sometimes lax decisions make it though...remember The Hangover Part II's 1st and 2nd lawsuit? Anyways, regardless of how much or little of a case Lindsay has, there's no way she'd be kicking the shit out of anyone if she pursued it. At best she could get them to remove it from the movie which is a "who cares" victory. It's a silly little GIF from something she herself publicly put out, it isn't damaging to her reputation and is widely available on the internet & has been for years. You know what would be damaging to her reputation? She works in an industry where you need connections and nothing make people want to work with you more than threatening legal action over something relatively benign.

DuckSucker

kiwifarms.net
"I really think she just wants attention. "
Honestly I dont doubt it. I think even she knows.

And its one of those things where she's gonna act all smug and mighty and be like NO YOURE WRONG MR SPACE X IS VERY ATTENTIVE and start posting like 50 shades excerpts. The lady is like the epitome of daddy issues foe whatever reason.

"No fuck you I get fucked by some other guy every other day!" Hey that's not my business lady.
Oh now shes decided that she can exploit this for new followers. Her blatant stripped bare egoism knows no bounds.

View attachment 687212

"I don't want to go near CA because Doug was a meanie white man, but me, I will protect the pedophiles in my midst. As long as I'm boss. #ULTRAWOKE"

Since I believe Lindsay is completely self serving, I think it's probably safe to say that attacking Nyberg would result in some sort of blacklash by proxy from other pedos placed in the industry, since they are known to cover for each other.
lol could you be more pretentious? Youre seriously calling some period of your life "the dark times"? I know youre like a drama student or whatever but fuck dude.

Nykysnottrans

Repeat after me: I am beautiful.
kiwifarms.net
Wired calls Lindsay Ellis "super smart".

Many of YouTube’s most popular critical voices—from the witheringly insightful social-political thinker ContraPoints to the film-loving weirdos at Red Letter Media—have giant followings on Patreon, where supporters back creators by pledging regular donations. Ellis currently has 6,000 donors on the site, which makes up more than half of her income, with the rest largely coming from YouTube ad revenue and sponsorships.

See, I told you her channel was covert advertising and product placement. She does not disclose upfront whether she is making a video about a movie as sponsored content or because she herself wanted to review it. That's covert advertising and very deceptive. Film reviewers on Youtube should disclose upfront whether they were asked by sponsors to review a certain movie.

Medicated

Not the fun kind
kiwifarms.net
Wired calls Lindsay Ellis "super smart".

See, I told you her channel was covert advertising and product placement. She does not disclose upfront whether she is making a video about a movie as sponsored content or because she herself wanted to review it. That's covert advertising and very deceptive. Film reviewers on Youtube should disclose upfront whether they were asked by sponsors to review a certain movie.
Well we suspected that already, when Lindsay left CA, she had made the deal with Blip.tv, when she lost Chez Apocalypse and blip.tv was acquired, her contract was acquired too, by maker studios, who were a subsidiary of Disney. And since Jenny Nicholson is her best bud and reviews Disney themepark rides and such, shes likely also has a contract.

So basically it's like being the fan of the modern version of an infomercial host.

KillThemCrackasBabies

kiwifarms.net

While I suspect you are probably right, the irony of Lindsay, who herself admits she broke fair use left and right for shit she made money on, having to accept that they did this without compensation or permission is a fucking delight.

RodgerDodger

kiwifarms.net
When I saw the movie, I thought maybe Lindsay had approved it and that it could work in her favor. People would see that in the movie, maybe look up "hot dogs in the face girl" afterwards and find her name. They find her Twitter with a pinned tweet:

"(Hot dogs in the face girl GIF) Really cool to have a cameo in the Rebel Wilson comedy, "Isn't It Romantic". Loved it's positive message about body image. Poking fun at romantic comedies has been a pastime of mine, too ;) ( Link to Lindsay's You've Got Mail review )"

But, no. I mean, that's sort of what she's doing now but only because her lawsuit talk likely didn't garner the support she wanted. I agree that it is strange a major motion picture wouldn't look into who that GIF was of but sometimes lax decisions make it though...remember The Hangover Part II's 1st and 2nd lawsuit? Anyways, regardless of how much or little of a case Lindsay has, there's no way she'd be kicking the shit out of anyone if she pursued it. At best she could get them to remove it from the movie which is a "who cares" victory. It's a silly little GIF from something she herself publicly put out, it isn't damaging to her reputation and is widely available on the internet & has been for years. You know what would be damaging to her reputation? She works in an industry where you need connections and nothing make people want to work with you more than threatening legal action over something relatively benign.
That’s just it. The industry that she works in doesn’t view this sort of thing as Relatively Benign. The entire industry is based on authorized use of ones image. It may not seem a big deal to us, but it’s a Huge Fuck Up to those in the industry. Nobody holds a grudge about you standing up to protect your image from unauthorized use. And some public commentary about it is perfectly acceptable to remind everyone why these sorts of fuck ups are not allowed. So long as she doesn’t drag it into some tabloid lolcow tier lawsuit nobody would hold anything against her. Heck her best strategy would be to insist on a public apology and suggest a nice donation be made to the charity of her choice. It would give her decent publicity, both from the use of her image and the apology, give an added bonus of virtue signaling brownie points for a charity deal, and inflict an appropriate public but not punitive punishment for what the industry considers a major fuck up.

Ten2Nine

kiwifarms.net
That’s just it. The industry that she works in doesn’t view this sort of thing as Relatively Benign. The entire industry is based on authorized use of ones image. It may not seem a big deal to us, but it’s a Huge Fuck Up to those in the industry. Nobody holds a grudge about you standing up to protect your image from unauthorized use. And some public commentary about it is perfectly acceptable to remind everyone why these sorts of fuck ups are not allowed. So long as she doesn’t drag it into some tabloid lolcow tier lawsuit nobody would hold anything against her. Heck her best strategy would be to insist on a public apology and suggest a nice donation be made to the charity of her choice. It would give her decent publicity, both from the use of her image and the apology, give an added bonus of virtue signaling brownie points for a charity deal, and inflict an appropriate public but not punitive punishment for what the industry considers a major fuck up.
Lindsay could have gone down the route of trying to positively spin this to her advantage that I mentioned or she could have privately reached out to the people who made the movie and talked to them. Either would have been a better and smarter route to take. Even publicly griping on her social media about it and requesting the people who made the movie reach out to her would have been far better. "Relatively benign" was more in reference to Lindsay's motive to sue, not disregarding the studio's fuck up. I think the studio would be completely within their right to fire the person who let this through because it is a very sloppy mistake. However, no studio is going to entertain any requests from Lindsay to bend over backwards to make this right in her eyes, outside of maybe removing the GIF from the movie. They would see her as some no one who is on a power trip because she think she has them over a barrel and they wouldn't be wrong. Just say if she wants to pursue a lawsuit then we'll see her in court and watch her drop the matter immediately.

Also, this lawsuit talk could come back to bite Lindsay in the ass over and over again and she'll likely never even realize it's happening. It's not a case of anyone holding a grudge so much as everyone seeing a red flag. Back during the 90's era of Saturday Night Live, Janeane Garofalo went public with her problems with SNL while she was still on the show, complaining that it was sexist and a "boys club". In the oral history SNL book, people who worked there are the time said she didn't do the work necessary for the show (like writing your own sketches), regretted committing to SNL and used the sexist complaint as a get out of jail free card. Even many years later they still sounded very pissed about it. One guy even specified that the problem wasn't that she took issue with things in the show but that she went to the press about it instead of privately to the people running SNL. Or how about actress Katherine Heigl who would do interviews trashing movies she'd previous been in but not voice her complaints privately at the time of filming.

Yeah, the people they complained about may never work with them again but so what, right? Well, someone looking to hire them for a job will notice a potential problem when they see one and likely avoid them like the plague. If it happened to those other people, it could happen to you. Both of their careers stagnated after doing things like that and they had the benefit of being name celebrities while Lindsay is at best a fringe internet celebrity most people don't know. But that's just being difficult to work with in general. People sometimes forget that just because you can do something doesn't necessarily mean you should. If someone accidentally dumps a hoddle of scalding hot coffee on you causing severe burns, no one wonders why you would sue over that. If someone considers hiring Lindsay for a job they may find her screeching about lawsuits on social media over a problem most people would regard as fairly harmless to her that could have easily been settled privately...kiss of death, game over.

Water-T

Let's go crunch some numbers!
kiwifarms.net
Also, this lawsuit talk could come back to bite Lindsay in the ass over and over again and she'll likely never even realize it's happening. It's not a case of anyone holding a grudge so much as everyone seeing a red flag. Back during the 90's era of Saturday Night Live, Janeane Garofalo went public with her problems with SNL while she was still on the show, complaining that it was sexist and a "boys club". In the oral history SNL book, people who worked there are the time said she didn't do the work necessary for the show (like writing your own sketches), regretted committing to SNL and used the sexist complaint as a get out of jail free card. Even many years later they still sounded very pissed about it. One guy even specified that the problem wasn't that she took issue with things in the show but that she went to the press about it instead of privately to the people running SNL. Or how about actress Katherine Heigl who would do interviews trashing movies she'd previous been in but not voice her complaints privately at the time of filming.
Off-topic, but that reminds me of when Andrew Dice Clay was asked to host SNL in 1990. Cast member Nora Dunn got her panties in a twist over his "misogynistic humor", and threatened to boycott the show (which was also the season finale). Lorne Michaels (the head honcho of the show) and most of the cast shrugged their shoulders and said, "Bye, bitch!", and the show went on as planned without her. When the next season started, Dunn was not part of the cast, having not been asked back. Jon Lovitz (one of the cast members at the time, and who joined in 1985 like she did), said that she was always difficult on the set and that she was making a power move in order to get attention and angle for more money (aka, "pulling a Jussie"). Now, her career is in the toilet, and has been reduced to doing bleach commercials. :story:

Ten2Nine

kiwifarms.net
Off-topic, but that reminds me of when Andrew Dice Clay was asked to host SNL in 1990. Cast member Nora Dunn got her panties in a twist over his "misogynistic humor", and threatened to boycott the show (which was also the season finale). Lorne Michaels (the head honcho of the show) and most of the cast shrugged their shoulders and said, "Bye, bitch!", and the show went on as planned without her. When the next season started, Dunn was not part of the cast, having not been asked back. Jon Lovitz (one of the cast members at the time, and who joined in 1985 like she did), said that she was always difficult on the set and that she was making a power move in order to get attention and angle for more money (aka, "pulling a Jussie"). Now, her career is in the toilet, and has been reduced to doing bleach commercials. :story:
The whole thing sounded like such a circus. There were metal detectors installed that they made the audience go through, multiple hecklers were ejected during the taping, the other women on the show were getting home phone calls and hate mail for not walking out like Nora, protesters were outside the taping and all the press was there to cover it.

Andrew Dice Clay wasn't familiar with SNL at all beyond watching the 70's stuff as a teenager and his dad talked him into doing it. He had said he was tired of dealing with controversy about his stand-up, just wanting an easy and fun week doing sketch comedy, and instead walked into what he described as "the most stressful week I had in my entire career".

Not only was Nora not asked back the following season but she didn't even finish that season due to losing a cast & crew vote about whether or not to allow her back on the show following Dicegate. Based on Nora Dunn's take on it many years after the fact, she would get along great with people like Lindsay Ellis and Allison Pregler. Dunn said:

"To me, Andrew Dice Clay was the pinnacle of everything that upset me about the show. I still feel that it's a black mark that they endorsed him and let him walk through that door. Anyway, I talked to a couple people at the show, told them I wasn't going to do the show, and then I made a statement. My brother had given me the name of a friend of his who was with the Associated Press, and he said, "You'd better just cover yourself here." So I made my statement to the guy, and he told me he wouldn't release it unless I wanted him to. I thought by Wednesday it would all be resolved and they would just tell him, "We'd rather you don't do the show." Then the reporter called me back to say that another statement had come out of Saturday Night Live that I wasn't asked back for next year, and that I was disgruntled, and that I was doing this because I thought I was being fired - which was a complete falsity. So, we released my statement because of the other statement. I think Lorne did the SNL statement and I was very hurt by it. I felt betrayed. I know that Lorne felt I didn't talk to him, but he was not accessible. He was never accessible. The whole experience had a huge impact on my life, and ultimately it was a really, really good thing."

Medicated

Not the fun kind
kiwifarms.net
Since the Hugos are coming up. Guess whos out promoting their buddies?

It's like a goddamn circlejerk out there. Just everyone promoting each others stuff in the same small group.
Because of course most of the nominations happen to be for the people in the same social circle.

Last edited:

mrdk_04

In semi-autist hell.
kiwifarms.net
Since the Hugos are coming up. Guess whos out promoting their buddies?

It's like a goddamn circlejerk out there. Just everyone promoting each others stuff in the same small group.
Because of course most of the nominations happen to be for the people in the same social circle.

View attachment 692143
Tbqh, I wouldn't have any problems with Lindsay's Hobbit Series winning, it's rather great, as well as being her best work. Lol at promoting Chelsea's horrendous comic.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino