TGWTG Nostalgia Chick / Lindsay Ellis / TheDudette - aka Hotdogs in face girl

F

FH 721

kiwifarms.net
Game of Thrones is in an unusual position for franchises that have shit the bed recently, in that it seems to have sacrificed the wall of Social Justice that previous garbage fires like The Last Jedi and Ghostbusters 2016 tried to huddle behind. Its plot twists have effectively served to completely fuck up not only the good storytelling and character development vile neckbeards like myself appreciate, but also most of the feminist credentials it had built up over the years. It was also never regarded as very good when it comes to minorities (Daenerys is the epitome of the White Savior), and now it's catching fresh hell on that front as well.

Lindsay might be a stopped clock, but I'd bet dollars to doughnuts most of her criticism will be cloaked in SJW language, or at least that will make up a big part of it.
It's very sad and disappointing how GoT went from this unique, fascinating, and enthralling show to watch and discuss with others to a stale, generic, lazy, and dumbed down piece of fluff that simply elicits apathy when you look past the solid acting and cool special effects. We can all agree that the rot started to set in season 5 but I held out hope for a while that they could bring it around for the final episodes and at least conclude it in a satisfactory manner. But now? The White Walkers, the villains they've been building up since the very first fucking scene of this whole show, are already gone, and who honestly gives a single crap about Cersei and the iron throne now. The series will end in a whimpering, cold, humid fart and everyone will forget about it in 2-3 years when those prequel series come out, which, hopefully, will have entirely new writers.

Last edited by a moderator:

IcyHotStuntaz

kiwifarms.net
In her "Hunckback Of Notre Dame" video, it's interesting how she brought up that Disney had a habit of taking "POC" female characters like Pocahontas, Jasmine and Esmeralda and "sexualizing them" (and even that is debatable as Jasmine and Esmeralda, depending on who you ask may not be considered "POC"). But there are a lot of female characters who are heavily "sexualized" regardless of the characters background.. Look at Ariel and Megara, The mom from The Incredibles, etc.
These arguments are so fucking stupid and have lost all meaning. Ten minutes half-assing a search for smut on the internet will show that the goddamn Little Mermaid showing her belly button is not a hill worth climbing, let alone dying on. If I went to Deviant Art and typed "The Golden Girls" into the search bar... I'm sure I'd eventually find some asshole who drew Bea Arthur destroying Betty White with a strap-on. The small fry shit that makes up your average 'moral panic' YT content never ceases to dumbfound me.

BoiDaBob

kiwifarms.net
It's very sad and disappointing how GoT went from this unique, fascinating, and enthralling show to watch and discuss with others to a stale, generic, lazy, and dumbed down piece of fluff that simply elicits apathy when you look past the solid acting and cool special effects. We can all agree that the rot started to set in season 5 but I held out hope for a while that they could bring it around for the final episodes and at least conclude it in a satisfactory manner. But now? The White Walkers, the villains they've been building up since the very first fucking scene of this whole show, are already gone, and who honestly gives a single crap about Cersei and the iron throne now. The series will end in a whimpering, cold, humid fart and everyone will forget about it in 2-3 years when those prequel series come out, which hopefully, will have entirely new, different writers.
I wouldn't count on it. The reason the show was so good before was because they had George R.R. Martin's books to work with. But since they adapted most of the books after Season 4, you can tell the show sorely needs GRRM to piggyback off of.

Drunk and Pour

kiwifarms.net
Lindsay recently gave her thoughts on white authors writing about whiteness.

View attachment 763298
I'm tired of seeing White People telling me to examine my Whiteness. I don't have Twitter, but can people start reminding these sheep that Marx and all the Post-Modernists were old white men, and by their own fucked up logic, they shouldn't be espousing their ideas.

Medicated

Pedophile
kiwifarms.net
I'm tired of seeing White People telling me to examine my Whiteness. I don't have Twitter, but can people start reminding these sheep that Marx and all the Post-Modernists were old white men, and by their own fucked up logic, they shouldn't be espousing their ideas.
So why doesn't she do it, she's obviously willing to go on multiple long tweet spergfests about whiteness, she must be the expert, she took that gender studies class a decade ago.

Really at the end of the day, all their pointless word salads are just a cover, for how they are upper class people looking down on poor people from their ivory towers, and telling them, that you the unwashed masses, are ignorant fools and know nothing. It's just veiled condescending.

They always talk about stupid rednecks who are blue collars workers, lower class. They are happy to collab with minorities, as long as they are in their class and social circle, because they "get it". But they'll ignore, or mock someone as having internalized misogyny or racism if they come across a view contrary to theirs. (The ignorant unwashed masses)

friedshrimp

Romania's garlicy hero
kiwifarms.net
On Monday she'll put up an Aladdin video essay, and I think she's gonna lay down the SJW politics there instead to focus on how Aladdin changed animated movies in the long run. (I figure being comedic, having pop culture references, and celebrity voice actors can all be linked back to Aladdin).