TGWTG Nostalgia Chick / Lindsay Ellis / TheDudette - aka Hotdogs in face girl

Sexy Times Hitler

WELL
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Pretty good. Genuinely glad that she still makes videos in the same vein as her older stuff from time to time, especially when there's no irrelevant political or SJ references thrown in for no purpose. I was half expecting her to take a jab at Mrs. Doubtfire for alleged transphobia when she was running a list of some of Robin Williams's roles, but she stayed on topic.
I've said this before and I'll say it again:

Her historical videos are informative, engaging and well-produced, and I usually don't regret the time spent watching them.

Her analytical videos make me wanna eat the business end of a 12 gauge.

Drunk and Pour

kiwifarms.net
Her newest twitter rant is fucking exceptional.
View attachment 765779
View attachment 765780
I bet many female homicide victims will tweet their thanks to you for speaking up about their experiences. But as I am not one, I will settle for thanking you for not linking this ambiguous article you got this information from.
View attachment 765782
Archive.
I don't watch GOT, so if someone who did watch the finale wants to share if this gets stupider with context, that'd be great. But the inability to just say "I don't like this trope, I think it's dumb, that's it", and deciding it's something you need to justify under the flag of being "problematic" is hilarious in any context.
I know nothing of GoT. These are just my take aways from her tweets:
"I don't know how to explain to you that the trope of a man killing the woman he loves while in intimate embrace, framing him as the REAL victim here, it's uh... bad. It is toxic and it's bad."
Well, I DO know how to explain to you why it isn't toxic or bad. For one, "toxic" is a stupid word, so stop using it. Two, it's meant to create emotional weight. Disengage your post-modernist oppressed/oppressor lens for a second and this silly idea that murderers see themselves as heroes because of movies. The narrative is that this is a person the man loved, and out of the choices given to him, killing the person he love is the best choice. Take the man/woman romance of the equation. Other examples off the top of my head; George killing Lenny before the mob gets him in Of Mice And Men; Will Smith having to choke his dog to death in I Am Legend; Pet Sematary the dad has to rekill his son after he came back wrong.

Women going "Dark Phoenix" and men having to use their fist knives to kill them plays out in real life a LOT!

30,000 women are killed by a partner in 2017 "across the world"... out of 7.4 billion people. That seems remarkably low. And even if that poorly worded source meant to mean in America, still remarkably low.

"Dany frames herself as a liberator and can not see she's a tyrant. The show frames Jon the way domestic abusers frame themselves."
It's a good thing Eva Braun was smart enough not to succumb to this trope. Domestic abuse is always wrong, even if your partner is a tyrant.

"like yes, that is certainly how the show frames it"
Like yes, yes it is. That is definitely certainly how the show frames it. The framing of the choice was that he had none. Violence of a woman's body was the only choice the situation framed. The situation created was sad, but framed as justified, justifiably.
Um duh?
Sociopathy and cruelty being cool and empowering when women do it is one of the core tenants of the basic bitch middle class white girl feminism Lindsay ascribes to.
Aileen Wuornos did nothing wrong!

Medicated

Not the fun kind
kiwifarms.net
I know nothing of GoT. These are just my take aways from her tweets:
"I don't know how to explain to you that the trope of a man killing the woman he loves while in intimate embrace, framing him as the REAL victim here, it's uh... bad. It is toxic and it's bad."
Well, I DO know how to explain to you why it isn't toxic or bad. For one, "toxic" is a stupid word, so stop using it. Two, it's meant to create emotional weight. Disengage your post-modernist oppressed/oppressor lens for a second and this silly idea that murderers see themselves as heroes because of movies. The narrative is that this is a person the man loved, and out of the choices given to him, killing the person he love is the best choice. Take the man/woman romance of the equation. Other examples off the top of my head; George killing Lenny before the mob gets him in Of Mice And Men; Will Smith having to choke his dog to death in I Am Legend; Pet Sematary the dad has to rekill his son after he came back wrong.

Women going "Dark Phoenix" and men having to use their fist knives to kill them plays out in real life a LOT!

30,000 women are killed by a partner in 2017 "across the world"... out of 7.4 billion people. That seems remarkably low. And even if that poorly worded source meant to mean in America, still remarkably low.

"Dany frames herself as a liberator and can not see she's a tyrant. The show frames Jon the way domestic abusers frame themselves."
It's a good thing Eva Braun was smart enough not to succumb to this trope. Domestic abuse is always wrong, even if your partner is a tyrant.

"like yes, that is certainly how the show frames it"
Like yes, yes it is. That is definitely certainly how the show frames it. The framing of the choice was that he had none. Violence of a woman's body was the only choice the situation framed. The situation created was sad, but framed as justified, justifiably.

Aileen Wuornos did nothing wrong!
It's faster going with this take.

hitler.jpg

CrunkLord420

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I watched the whole GoT. The typical feminist criticism overlooks that the character they're stanning for had been foreshadowed since episode 1 as being a wild card (to keep it vague). They continue to hammer this point throughout the entire series, but without actually saying it (except for the multiple times they say it). The ending isn't a twist, it's actually the most obvious ending.

So much for being a trope master, it was something I definitely took note of and I barely watch TV shows. Yes the season was rushed, and was overall executed poorly, but that doesn't change that this character was always like that. You were just too busy shouting "YAAAAS QUEEEEEN".

KiwiBeanie

Long Bent Nose Bird
kiwifarms.net
I don't even watch Game of Thrones and I feel that ending was garbage.

Are you unironically quoting Stalin's "a million deaths is a statistic"?

I watched the whole GoT. The typical feminist criticism overlooks that the character they're stanning for had been foreshadowed since episode 1 as being a wild card (to keep it vague).
It could've been executed better or done with better acting. Emilia Clarke should have been allowed to ham it up.

TiggerNits

Yankee vampire living off the blood of the poor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Pretty good. Genuinely glad that she still makes videos in the same vein as her older stuff from time to time, especially when there's no irrelevant political or SJ references thrown in for no purpose. I was half expecting her to take a jab at Mrs. Doubtfire for alleged transphobia when she was running a list of some of Robin Williams's roles, but she stayed on topic.
Yeah the YouTube algorithm dropped that one and a few of her Disney critiques on my lap this morning while I was drinking my coffee and I honestly found them to be well done. She's terrible most of the time but Disney stuff seems to fine tune her autism to the point where it works. Probably because she has enough knowledge and confidence in the subject to not have to try and hide behind woke bullshit to mask her obvious shortcomings.

Then it gave me her Hobbit reviews and the entire third video was just whining about new Zealand outlawing union interference due to Warner brothers threatening to walk on production

Zaryiu

Nobody important
kiwifarms.net
Her newest twitter rant is fucking exceptional.
View attachment 765779
View attachment 765780
I bet many female homicide victims will tweet their thanks to you for speaking up about their experiences. But as I am not one, I will settle for thanking you for not linking this ambiguous article you got this information from.
View attachment 765782
Archive.
I don't watch GOT, so if someone who did watch the finale wants to share if this gets stupider with context, that'd be great. But the inability to just say "I don't like this trope, I think it's dumb, that's it", and deciding it's something you need to justify under the flag of being "problematic" is hilarious in any context.
What a reetarded rant
Is it just or does anyone else think she only put effort if she has Nostalgia for or she can't find a way to go sjw on the material?

• Agree
Reactions: Azafran90

OneTopicBitch

kiwifarms.net
A personal and autistic reply, my experience of all my movie and TV history essentially pushed that being Alive and living to regret your actions was ALOT worse than being the biggest piece of shit and being murdered.

I don't mean so much within Game of Thrones, just in general TV and Film tropes. Being the person who killed the rebel leader and was alive to talk about it was seemingly worse than being the shittiest leader around.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This some how popped up in my YT feed and I watched it, I legit couldn't tell it was her for first min or two, and if you showed me just this no way would I buy she's a cow.

Legit work, I always like to try to be fair, and this was quality. If not for the 2 bottles of wine a day and sucking up to troons she could have a pretty chill career and life.

Funniest part, aside that she would also be happier not having to tip toe to say the right thing. Cows are cows for a reason, shine on your crazy diamond.

Grand Lunar

King of the Selenites
kiwifarms.net
Is it just or does anyone else think she only put effort if she has Nostalgia for or she can't find a way to go sjw on the material?
Honestly, it is looking as if most of her "woke" takes only come out when she has nothing else to say and needs to put out something that her followers will eat up. Notably, she's a fan of Hilary Clinton, which she wouldn't be if she actually cared about half the causes that she claims to fight for.

Ten2Nine

kiwifarms.net
Lindsay gave her take on someone saying film critics should have a degree to review film. The start of her first tweet immediately reminded me of the end of Roger Ebert's response to Rob Schneider's fight with another film critic but Lindsay takes herself far too seriously to have that kind of fun.

Also, Lindsay was excited to bash Jeffery Katzenberg in her recent Aladdin video and on Twitter. She even planned to make another video focusing on Katzenberg...

...until the anti-semites showed up and spoiled her party. Based on this, Lindsay has said she's probably dropping her idea of making another Katzenberg video and unintentionally set a precedent. Now, anyone who's an anti-semite or even anyone pretending to be an anti-semite (trolling) can use reverse psychology to dictate what videos she does and doesn't makes, I guess.

MediocreMilt

Ooh good comeback... Moron
kiwifarms.net
Also, Lindsay was excited to bash Jeffery Katzenberg in her recent Aladdin video and on Twitter. She even planned to make another video focusing on Katzenberg...

...until the anti-semites showed up and spoiled her party. Based on this, Lindsay has said she's probably dropping her idea of making another Katzenberg video and unintentionally set a precedent. Now, anyone who's an anti-semite or even anyone pretending to be an anti-semite (trolling) can use reverse psychology to dictate what videos she does and doesn't makes, I guess.
It's amazing how much power these people willingly hand over to "anti-semites". I can remember after 9/11 there were basically two camps: "Woo, save us Government! Patriot Act yes!" and "No, just carry on. We'll take the fight to them but if we change how we operate at home they've won." Lindsay is in the Patriot Act category re: anti-semitism.

(Also there was a third camp saying the US deserved it. Basically the beginning of cucks I guess, although at the time most people openly mocked them, whereas openly mocking modern cucks makes you a "bigot")

V0dka

I'm drunk.
kiwifarms.net
Yeah the YouTube algorithm dropped that one and a few of her Disney critiques on my lap this morning while I was drinking my coffee and I honestly found them to be well done. She's terrible most of the time but Disney stuff seems to fine tune her autism to the point where it works. Probably because she has enough knowledge and confidence in the subject to not have to try and hide behind woke bullshit to mask her obvious shortcomings.

Then it gave me her Hobbit reviews and the entire third video was just whining about new Zealand outlawing union interference due to Warner brothers threatening to walk on production
I suspect she keeps things "normal" for Disney because she's under contract. Remember what happened when PBS was notified of her "White people White White White, fuck Whites" rant.

Blackhat_Kraut

kiwifarms.net
Lindsey actually puts effort and research to most of her shit, certainly more than anyone else from the dumpster fire that was TGWTG.

I mean I don't expect the NEET's who have sufficient time and interest to comb through years of tweets and activity to ever be truly satisfied, but that's why they're NEETs and can't grip the side-orbiting levels of irony in dedicating real time to bitching about lolcows.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino