TGWTG Nostalgia Chick / Lindsay Ellis / TheDudette - aka Hotdogs in face girl

Grand Lunar

King of the Selenites
kiwifarms.net
I'm still really quite sad that Jenny Nicholson is part of Ellis's cult. I guess it was a tad inevitable since they're both obsessed with the Disney parks and YouTube criticism.
The first video I remember seeing from her was her video on The Greatest Showman. Definitely wouldn't have guessed from the video that she was a part of Lindsay's clique.
I love how this Sarah Z person immediately folds when Lindsay disagrees with her. "I don't get how people can enjoy something because of toxic fans". "This is why". "Oh, you're right, I'm wrong, let's be friends".
In my experience, this sort of thing isn't uncommon in friendly social media discussions. Every political discussion that I've ever had on the internet with friends has had phrases such as "I see your point" and "that's fair" used quite a bit. It's just a way of saying that you disagree while giving lipservice that you've tried to understand their viewpoint.
Sarah Z is an interesting case, she's a full on woke SJW, who constantly references Jenny Nicholson and Lindsay Ellis. Her content isn't bad though. You reference a feminist on a podcast talking about Spiderman, while obviously not knowing the character Lore, Sarah is at least is a consumer of the media she talks about. I think though she's removed/privated some of her videos, I remember watching parts of one which was essentially a love letter to Christian Slater in Heathers, that I can't find on her channel now.

Anyway Lindsay of course barely engages with her, if it was some activist hack at Vox tweeting at her (rather than a YouYuber with nearly 120K subscribers) Lindsay would be all over her. In Lindsay's eyes it's not about the quality of your content or the size of your audience, it's the pedigree of the platform you have.
I think that I first discovered Sarah Z because of her videos on the "Not So Awesome" document, in which she showed a clear affinity for Lindsay. Next I saw her video deconstructing the pilot of the awful Heathers tv show reboot, in which she revealed some SJW viewpoints but still did a good job overall. Her content is really enjoyable because SJW stuff is almost always a tangent to the main points of her videos. It does remind me of some of Lindsay's transitionary content, really.

Trig.Point

I wouldn't start from here.
kiwifarms.net
The first video I remember seeing from her was her video on The Greatest Showman. Definitely wouldn't have guessed from the video that she was a part of Lindsay's clique.

In my experience, this sort of thing isn't uncommon in friendly social media discussions. Every political discussion that I've ever had on the internet with friends has had phrases such as "I see your point" and "that's fair" used quite a bit. It's just a way of saying that you disagree while giving lipservice that you've tried to understand their viewpoint.

I think that I first discovered Sarah Z because of her videos on the "Not So Awesome" document. Next I saw her video deconstructing the pilot of the awful Heathers tv show reboot, in which she revealed some SJW viewpoints but still did a good job overall. Her content is really enjoyable because SJW stuff is almost always a tangent to the main points of her videos. It does remind me of some of Lindsay's transitionary content, really.
Sarah Z is getting worse, and I'm sure she's deleting older videos, that may be problematic.

There's another YouTuber KnowingBetter, who does really good content, he's fallen into Shaun's orbit and has started deleting videos.

Grand Lunar

King of the Selenites
kiwifarms.net
Sarah Z is getting worse, and I'm sure she's deleting older videos, that may be problematic.

There's another YouTuber KnowingBetter, who does really good content, he's fallen into Shaun's orbit and has started deleting videos.

Well, I did like her recent video about musical bootlegs. I did notice by looking at her channel that she has exactly two videos from before the 2018 Heathers one uploaded (one from two years ago and one from four years ago), so there certainly could be many videos getting deleted. SJWs tend to really crack down on people once their audience starts getting big enough, so the timing would make sense. For all we know, Lindsay may have personally warned her.

Trig.Point

I wouldn't start from here.
kiwifarms.net
Well, I did like her recent video about musical bootlegs. I did notice by looking at her channel that she has exactly two videos from before the 2018 Heathers one uploaded (one from two years ago and one from four years ago), so there certainly could be many videos getting deleted. SJWs tend to really crack down on people once their audience starts getting big enough, so the timing would make sense. For all we know, Lindsay may have personally warned her.
The guy that runs Knowing Better is kind of an extreme example, he's full on woke SJW now . He went to VidCon in London a while back and raved about meeting Shaun, he badly wants to be part of that circle. I mean Shaun is a superficial weasal who just regurgitates left wing dogma that he barely understands.

However Knowingbetter is also a qualified teacher and a former Soldier and sometimes he just can't help himself. He's made videos arguing that the protests against the Dakota access pipeline are bullshit, that Japanese internment in World War II weren't a crime against humanity, even a video arguing the modern SJW criticisms of Columbus are false.

He makes brilliant scripted videos but is a terrible livestreamer, and often ends up arguing with fans that are far to the right of him.

He's already removed a load of videos, and I think he's only left up the controversial ones because he fundamentally believes the information is correct.

Anyway the point I'm getting at that as talented as Lindsay Ellis is, she's fucking poison. She's part of an influential insulated Clique, that is pushing a political agenda, all while whoring themselves out to corporate sponsors. They're dragging other more talented YouTubers with them and forcing them to self censor.

MelodyNelson

kiwifarms.net
Lindsay's been a patron of hers since her channel was small. I think from around when the 'If Rey is a Skywalker' video appeared.
I quite like Lindsay; it's just that I can't watch her videos and definitely have to avoid her Twitter. But Twitter is a plague on us all and from what I've seen she only occasionally moves into Salon politics in her videos. That's just too often for me but she's probably fun in person. I know plenty of people I don't exactly agree with in real life whom I like.

• Informative
Reactions: Trig.Point

Nykysnottrans

Repeat after me: I am beautiful.
kiwifarms.net
Anyway Lindsay of course barely engages with her, if it was some activist hack at Vox tweeting at her (rather than a YouYuber with nearly 120K subscribers) Lindsay would be all over her.
So much sisterly solidarity going on here. I am completely not surprised at the fact that Ellis would actively ignore another female content creators tweeting at her, even medium-sized ones. I remember Lindsay complaining on Twitter about female SJW content creators not getting the same amount of eyeballs as male content creators, and tweeting that she herself had not done enough to promote other female content creators "besides ContraPoints" who is of course not a female content creator but a LARPing male. When push comes to shove, she herself is the one who sees other female content creators as competitors she would rather ignore than plug.

Birthday Dickpunch

hugs pls \(ouo)/
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

maybe I should be glad I'm not a GoT fan, I couldn't fathom an analysis on why it's sexist or whatever
Nah it's fine. See, unlike our hot dog girl here, you could just not let assholes ruin your fun with their sperging by not engaging, watching or listening to it.

Easy peasy.

left arm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP85QoxJ_PM
kiwifarms.net
  • 1:24 Says it's about what she thinks happens to GOTV's quality going down the drain, and adds this is ONLY about the TV show.
  • 2:26 "I wasn't willing to ignore the problematique elements in GOT, but I accepted them" (#wokeqween)
  • 2:42 Says defaulting to stereotyping = bad, thoughtless and lazy, and you can't be interesting with them. (Despite the fact stereotypes exist for reasons, good or bad.)
  • 2:56 Drivel about how nothing is free from problematic elements.
  • 4:25 Implies people who didn't think Season 8's writing was awful were just people who became too attached by sticking around. (I think?)
  • 5:30 Accidentally points out 90% of her humor is not hers.
  • 5:36 - 20:38 Gives a synopsis of GOTV that becomes increasingly biased as it goes on.
  • 20:40 "The ending being bad was foreshadowed by other things being bad".
  • 21:15 Says that in later seasons, for the plot to advance, characters had to be dumbed down, and that the world became less of the focus as opposed to earlier seasons.
  • 21:51 Nothing noteworthy here, I'm just humored by her using a scientific site for Game of Thrones discourse, especially sense it's blatantly a move to make herself sound more smart.
  • 22:46 Points out the ending for GOTV had always been planned that way, but they didn't have enough time to reach it.
  • 24:50 Implies that people only picked up GOTV because it was dark and edgy.
  • 26:40 Starts some more drivel about how you either do or don't know the ending and how both have their pros and cons. (???)
  • 28:20 "Characters change as the story goes along, and this was a pro and a con of GOTV" (This is asinine to say.)
  • 29:48 Goes on a rant about Tyrion's character being ruined.
  • 30:38 Decides to spoil an unrelated show just to say that writers assume a controversial ending is a good one.
  • 33:00 Really annoying section about fanservice.
  • 35:30 Brings up the books again.
  • 37:30 "Fanservice is a double edged sword, because then your media needs to be smarter than the fans." (Another asinine thing to say.)
  • 37:47 Complains about how subverting expectations is bad. (Wish she made a short video about this instead in all honesty)
  • 38:53 Could've just done a compare and contrast between the show writers and R. R. Martin and ended the segment though.
  • 41:35 Acknowledges she complained for 45 minutes without getting specific (despite the fact she sort of did), then says that it's going to be TWO PARTS so she can do JUST THAT!!! Then she shills Audible and John Green is there, video end.
Anyways I've never watched GOTV, so there's a few other things I took issue with that I'm not knowledgeable enough to refute, main example being that she says that George stopped being involved around season 4, but from what I could tell, his involvement was minimal.

But per usual, it's nothing she couldn't have just made a few twitter rants about and called it good.

FireGod365

kiwifarms.net
Anyways I've never watched GOTV, so there's a few other things I took issue with that I'm not knowledgeable enough to refute, main example being that she says that George stopped being involved around season 4, but from what I could tell, his involvement was minimal.

But per usual, it's nothing she couldn't have just made a few twitter rants about and called it good.
I know George wrote four episodes in the early seasons (which fans call the best episodes of the show). But yeah this is just 40 minutes recapping what everyone else has said online in the last month.

friedshrimp

uwuu
kiwifarms.net
I've watched the show and read the books, so I kinda know what she's talking about. And I agree with most of her points, she hasn't really put any SJW commentary there as far as I know, nor any of the twitter stuff she said.

She pretty much got to the point that they followed the books mostly closely earlier on, and that the ending of the show is the pretty much the same one for the books (the books as of now they haven't finished but GRRM gave an outline for the show writers as to how the story in broad strokes will end), but since the story is so intervowen and lead by the character's actions, that any diversion they would have from the books in the show would have lasting consequences and radically differ in the finale. Making a character nobler in the show than in the books will lead to an unsatisfied conclusion since he might turn wicked later and do a cruel act later in the books with lasting consequences in the finale.

Sissy Galvez

kiwifarms.net

maybe I should be glad I'm not a GoT fan, I couldn't fathom an analysis on why it's sexist or whatever
Can we talk about why someone like Lindsay makes videos incessantly on what she or other faux intellectual SJWs find problematic?

Idgaf about GoT but it’s very tiring that everything is sexist and problematic. I know it’s on the way out, but how much longer do we have to deal with pop culture critic idiots?

Stop critiquing shit and just enjoy/watch whatever you want and let others watch what they want.

Grand Lunar

King of the Selenites
kiwifarms.net

Actually, there's no analysis in this video. To save everyone 45 minutes, she says that the writing sucks, that subverting expectations just for the sake of it is dumb, and that pre-planned endings can become a problem if the organic growth of the character arcs don't logically lead in to them. Basically, absolutely nothing that wasn't said in the dozens upon dozens of GoT videos that came out months ago.

At the end she announces that it's a two parter and that the analysis will be in the second vid, which just makes me wonder why she wasted her time with this video instead of just jumping right into it.

V0dka

I'm drunk.
kiwifarms.net
Literally the whole video was her doing that thing where an autist recaps an entire shows seasons and throw in a few "UGH" when the rape/incest scene happens. And then more "UGH" when the character does something dumb.

And then at the end:

aud.jpg

Wait why is she even doing this? Doesn't she have a husband that works in SpaceX and living a multistory house? And I'm assuming his family isn't exactly strapped for cash.

TheBlueRogue

kiwifarms.net
Literally the whole video was her doing that thing where an autist recaps an entire shows seasons and throw in a few "UGH" when the rape/incest scene happens. And then more "UGH" when the character does something dumb.

And then at the end:

View attachment 819868

Wait why is she even doing this? Doesn't she have a husband that works in SpaceX and living a multistory house? And I'm assuming his family isn't exactly strapped for cash.
Lol! That pic looks like she's shilling cheap make up on a cable TV informercial in the late 90's.

Is she just that fat now or is it what she's wearing blending in with the chair?

V0dka

I'm drunk.
kiwifarms.net
Lol! That pic looks like she's shilling cheap make up on a cable TV informercial in the late 90's.

Is she just that fat now or is it what she's wearing blending in with the chair?
Her plan is to eat enough to be mistaken for Monica Rial and sneak into Vic's hotel room.

vic mignogna and monica.jpg

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Mr. 0

Sissy Galvez

kiwifarms.net
Actually, there's no analysis in this video. To save everyone 45 minutes, she says that the writing sucks, that subverting expectations just for the sake of it is dumb, and that pre-planned endings can become a problem if the organic growth of the character arcs don't logically lead in to them. Basically, absolutely nothing that wasn't said in the dozens upon dozens of GoT videos that came out months ago.

At the end she announces that it's a two parter and that the analysis will be in the second vid, which just makes me wonder why she wasted her time with this video instead of just jumping right into it.
Because she’s lazy. This is low hanging fruit which has been done over and over before. This is all she goes for since she can’t muster any effort and is too stupid for anything else,

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino