TGWTG Nostalgia Chick / Lindsay Ellis / TheDudette - aka Hotdogs in face girl

friedshrimp

028372n38934739473247219074
kiwifarms.net
I've watched the show and read the books, so I kinda know what she's talking about. And I agree with most of her points, she hasn't really put any SJW commentary there as far as I know, nor any of the twitter stuff she said.

She pretty much got to the point that they followed the books mostly closely earlier on, and that the ending of the show is the pretty much the same one for the books (the books as of now they haven't finished but GRRM gave an outline for the show writers as to how the story in broad strokes will end), but since the story is so intervowen and lead by the character's actions, that any diversion they would have from the books in the show would have lasting consequences and radically differ in the finale. Making a character nobler in the show than in the books will lead to an unsatisfied conclusion since he might turn wicked later and do a cruel act later in the books with lasting consequences in the finale.

Sissy Galvez

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

maybe I should be glad I'm not a GoT fan, I couldn't fathom an analysis on why it's sexist or whatever
Can we talk about why someone like Lindsay makes videos incessantly on what she or other faux intellectual SJWs find problematic?

Idgaf about GoT but it’s very tiring that everything is sexist and problematic. I know it’s on the way out, but how much longer do we have to deal with pop culture critic idiots?

Stop critiquing shit and just enjoy/watch whatever you want and let others watch what they want.

Grand Lunar

King of the Selenites
kiwifarms.net

maybe I should be glad I'm not a GoT fan, I couldn't fathom an analysis on why it's sexist or whatever
Actually, there's no analysis in this video. To save everyone 45 minutes, she says that the writing sucks, that subverting expectations just for the sake of it is dumb, and that pre-planned endings can become a problem if the organic growth of the character arcs don't logically lead in to them. Basically, absolutely nothing that wasn't said in the dozens upon dozens of GoT videos that came out months ago.

At the end she announces that it's a two parter and that the analysis will be in the second vid, which just makes me wonder why she wasted her time with this video instead of just jumping right into it.

V0dka

I'm drunk.
kiwifarms.net
Literally the whole video was her doing that thing where an autist recaps an entire shows seasons and throw in a few "UGH" when the rape/incest scene happens. And then more "UGH" when the character does something dumb.

And then at the end:

aud.jpg

Wait why is she even doing this? Doesn't she have a husband that works in SpaceX and living a multistory house? And I'm assuming his family isn't exactly strapped for cash.

TheBlueRogue

kiwifarms.net
Literally the whole video was her doing that thing where an autist recaps an entire shows seasons and throw in a few "UGH" when the rape/incest scene happens. And then more "UGH" when the character does something dumb.

And then at the end:

View attachment 819868

Wait why is she even doing this? Doesn't she have a husband that works in SpaceX and living a multistory house? And I'm assuming his family isn't exactly strapped for cash.
Lol! That pic looks like she's shilling cheap make up on a cable TV informercial in the late 90's.

Is she just that fat now or is it what she's wearing blending in with the chair?

V0dka

I'm drunk.
kiwifarms.net
Lol! That pic looks like she's shilling cheap make up on a cable TV informercial in the late 90's.

Is she just that fat now or is it what she's wearing blending in with the chair?
Her plan is to eat enough to be mistaken for Monica Rial and sneak into Vic's hotel room.

vic mignogna and monica.jpg

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Mr. 0

Sissy Galvez

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Actually, there's no analysis in this video. To save everyone 45 minutes, she says that the writing sucks, that subverting expectations just for the sake of it is dumb, and that pre-planned endings can become a problem if the organic growth of the character arcs don't logically lead in to them. Basically, absolutely nothing that wasn't said in the dozens upon dozens of GoT videos that came out months ago.

At the end she announces that it's a two parter and that the analysis will be in the second vid, which just makes me wonder why she wasted her time with this video instead of just jumping right into it.
Because she’s lazy. This is low hanging fruit which has been done over and over before. This is all she goes for since she can’t muster any effort and is too stupid for anything else,

V0dka

I'm drunk.
kiwifarms.net
I don't understand her love for John Green. His books literally go against everything she's "supposedly" about. Stupid.

Her GoT video was okay tho.
John Green has connections to PBS, so just like Grimes with Elon Musk, she'll change her opinions the minute it suits her. Just like back in the day when she was laughing along with the boys and making rape jokes in TGWTG. She's just a slightly smarter shoe0nhead.

left arm

kiwifarms.net
Solely for the Youtube nickles is why. At least we all can expect her political nonsense will be shoved in that second part.

Birthday Dickpunch

hugs pls \(ouo)/
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
ironically,her clique likes to use this comic as an answer for the same reasons...
I know. They make me sad sometimes, but then I just take my own advice and... stop watching their bullshit. They do try their best to ruin things for everyone else.

Giga_Nigga_28

Do you breathe in or out first?
kiwifarms.net
I would never hate something because of a Toxic fandom. Hell there are a lot of things I like that have a fan base I’m embarrassed to share the same species as, much less hobby or interest (Rick and Morty fans, looking at you).

But hey, if the thing is good, I will watch it and experience it and then stay the hell away from the psycho fans.

But I find it funny that Lindsey is talking about this when she is part of the cultish group of weirdos that make most fan bases toxic in the first place.

I mean My Little Pony, Stephen Universe, Avatar, Voltron, Supernatural...those seem to be breeding grounds for SJW wackos.
I think fandoms generally gave you an idea of how good or bad something is. If the only thing they care about is a character being gay or 'shipping' then the show is probably mediocre or straight trash, the new She-ra and Steven Universe are good examples. If the only adult fans are weird autist like bronies then you can assume that the show is probably alright just not made for you (or them). If the fans seem to actually care about the story then it's probably a pretty good piece of media.

V0dka

I'm drunk.
kiwifarms.net
I was looking for an old tweet of hers to make a point in another thread.

Then I realized she deleted it.

harm.jpg

What's funny is when I went to search for it, I figured I'd have to scroll through a few tweets about her engagement to her husband.... LOL NOPE.

eng.jpg

Must... get... more... followers... popularity..... eeeeerghhhh

• Informative
Reactions: Azafran90

BR55

kiwifarms.net
A feminist look at fucking Independence Day Lindsey is really scraping the bottom of the barrel here.
Like it's a stupid 90's action movie, although a bit more remembered than say something like Twister, what's the point of scrutinizing it for "Female Representation"?
Other than being a pedantic asshole of course.
I know the stock response to "Feminist Critiques" of things is "Who cares lol" but...Who cares lol.

Last edited:

iafiv

kiwifarms.net
The only reason people watched Independence day was because it showed the White House blowing up in commercials promoting it something quite new at the time.This same kind of movie today would be forgotten in a month if it made money to begin with.
Although i always suspected that the reason Millenial pop culture nerds come back to this movie is because it reminds them of a time when blowing up NYC was a carefree action in the movies and there were no dust clouds in a disaster movie because a certain something hadn't happened yet.For Lindsay it probably to some extent reminds her of her childhood when stuff blowing up did not have a subtext linked to some planes that did something.These days that subtext is present in pretty much all urban disaster movies.

Bani

Ringmaster of Clown World
kiwifarms.net
How does Lindsey not get sick of talking about the same ten movies over and over for years like this? Yeah, yeah, insert autism emote here, but the hyperfixation with this lady is really something else. How many fucking videos and essays does one person need to make about Transformers and Hercules?

Hell, at least GoT is something she hasn't done a video on yet. It was kind of amusing to watch her self-flagelate for enjoying something as un-PC as Thrones.