TGWTG Nostalgia Chick / Lindsay Ellis / TheDudette - aka Hotdogs in face girl

TJ-Weber

kiwifarms.net
Man the "OK boomer" thing is getting gay. I'm sure people like Lindsay will run it into the ground even more.
The boomer meme (actually from 4chan) was funny with the white monster can,etc when it made fun of 30 year old out of touch 'boomers.'
'Ok, boomer' (i guess from NYT, or twitter?) referring to actual boomers is straight up stupid, maybe funny the first time,
but i think its a forced meme in the vain of salt bae, harambe, etc.

Oh and, Lindsay is a boomer, as an out of touch adult in their 30s who thinks she knows whats up and trys to fit in.
Just skip the monster can and give her one of those hard seltzer cans.

TJ-Weber

kiwifarms.net
Lindsay using memes is becoming more and more equivalent to Hillary Clinton using memes.
I really hate it when people who clearly nerds and uncool try to be hip. Hilary failed doing that, and Elizabeth Warren is doing it even more blantly since she was a professor and lawyer highly incluential in the boring area of commerical law.
C'mon, if you've been a nerd, use that as your image!
Lindsay is guilty of this too, but she kinda trys to make 'ironically' cool, which is tiresome nowadays too.

BipolarPon

Sad Cyborg.
kiwifarms.net
I feel Lindsday is too up there with the Hollywood Elites, she says she loathes. To be any way hip with the youth, She's a slacktivist, and doesn't understand nuance, as much as she says. She's pretty much the embodiment of the boomer meme. Just connected with very wealthy people and corporations. The embodiment of the evil known to them as capitalism.

Autumnal Equinox

Eager for fun
kiwifarms.net
There was once a period when she was likable, wasn't there?

Or am I just remembering things incorrectly?

I used to watch the occasional Nostalgia Chick video. I liked her stuff a lot more than Doug's autistic screeching at least. She wasn't as balls deep into the sjw shit back then (I remember watching her Beauty and the Beast Christmas episode where she referred to the Beast as having an autistic temper tantrum...wonder how that would go down with her fans today.)

It was honestly her nostalgic food video she did with Mara Wilson and the hamplanet that irritated me the most. The whole thing seemed like the typical liberal "lol look at what all the poor, uneducated peasants eat! They're so dumb! Not like us enlightened individuals! Lol poor people suck!" I think that was the turning point where I started to see her newer stuff differently.

Drunk and Pour

kiwifarms.net
Just watched the SP episode and it wasn't anti trans at all. It was more or less mocking those that use the issue of trans rights to serve an agenda of ignorance. It was mocking those that lie about being transgender to get special treatment.
The funny part is that the episode ended with the PC Babies weren't angry at the dad because they recognized that Macho Ma'am was lying about being transgendered. Of course, IRL PC Babies didn't get it/didn't care and screamed that it was transphobic anyway. I wonder how many PC Babies got the point but can't explain it to those who don't because the left eat their own. I love the self-inflicted hell these people bring on themselves.

Water-T

A pajeet married me for a green card
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The funny part is that the episode ended with the PC Babies weren't angry at the dad because they recognized that Macho Ma'am was lying about being transgendered. Of course, IRL PC Babies didn't get it/didn't care and screamed that it was transphobic anyway. I wonder how many PC Babies got the point but can't explain it to those who don't because the left eat their own. I love the self-inflicted hell these people bring on themselves.

On a related note, there was a review on AV Club about the episode, and the reviewer purposely left out the detail about "Heather" being Strong Woman's ex who only entered as a woman to get back at her for breaking up with him and hurting his male ego. Even worse, they somehow tried to connect the episode to black intersex athlete Caster Semenaya, when there were no black trans/intersex women in the episode.

Fortunately, the majority of the comments pointed this out, and that "Heather" losing a board game to real girls and chimping out was to poke fun at men like Rhys McKinnon and Fallon Fox, who did the same thing as "Heather" because they are dudes who couldn't cut it against other men and need to show up women to feel like Macho Men.

Essentially, that dumbass reviewer proved the episode's point by not getting the nuance.

BipolarPon

Sad Cyborg.
kiwifarms.net
I used to watch the occasional Nostalgia Chick video. I liked her stuff a lot more than Doug's autistic screeching at least. She wasn't as balls deep into the sjw shit back then (I remember watching her Beauty and the Beast Christmas episode where she referred to the Beast as having an autistic temper tantrum...wonder how that would go down with her fans today.)

I remember her old Mulan review where it was pointed out that Mulan was heavily disadvantaged for being a women in an army of men because men are just way stronger naturally. Also there were some jokes about foot binding.

COMMI3 MARK

Gay Space Communist Jesus
kiwifarms.net
I really hate it when people who clearly nerds and uncool try to be hip. Hilary failed doing that, and Elizabeth Warren is doing it even more blantly since she was a professor and lawyer highly incluential in the boring area of commerical law.
C'mon, if you've been a nerd, use that as your image!
Lindsay is guilty of this too, but she kinda trys to make 'ironically' cool, which is tiresome nowadays too.

Dont prove how cool you are by pretending to like things I do. Show me how cool your nerdy shit is. Make me want to start collecting butterflies or w/e the fuck it is that youre trying to hide.