TGWTG Nostalgia Chick / Lindsay Ellis / TheDudette - aka Hotdogs in face girl

Enoby Way

If ur readin this ur a fukin prep
kiwifarms.net
If you're not looting and pillaging Rome and the eastern Balkans, you're not a TRUE AND HONEST goth.

Well, now I can only think of this gem:

asterix_et_les_goths_157585.jpg

Bolo

kiwifarms.net
So anyone know what it’ll take for Todd to get a thread of his own?

Go full blown internet cuck nutjob?

He is very much one of the NPC that goes "gamergater, right wing Nazis, reeee!!!" shit, and he does the usual cheerleading for the pronoun brigade, but he also seems to be self-aware, so it's rare for him to have a Linkara or a Moviebob-esque take.

So, there isn't much to say about the guy, while I like his videos, he as a personality doesn't stand out much, so, if there is no milk, there is no cow, we may try, but we can't will it to existence.

Michael Jacks0n

You know I'm bad, I'm bad.
kiwifarms.net
Go full blown internet cuck nutjob?

He is very much one of the NPC that goes "gamergater, right wing Nazis, reeee!!!" shit, and he does the usual cheerleading for the pronoun brigade, but he also seems to be self-aware, so it's rare for him to have a Linkara or a Moviebob-esque take.

So, there isn't much to say about the guy, while I like his videos, he as a personality doesn't stand out much, so, if there is no tard cum, there is no cow, we may try, but we can't will it to existence.

Yeah, I think because there's not much cow material to work with, quite frankly if he got his own thread it would honestly just devolve into a discussion about the music he reviews in his videos. Like, for instance, instead of everyone posting his cringy tweets from the GamerGate era, people would just link videos of his 80's one hit wonder songs and have discussions about obscure English new wave synth pop groups.

Random Internet Person

3...2...1! Henshin!
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I think because there's not much cow material to work with, quite frankly if he got his own thread it would honestly just devolve into a discussion about the music he reviews in his videos. Like, for instance, instead of everyone posting his cringy tweets from the GamerGate era, people would just link videos of his 80's one hit wonder songs and have discussions about obscure English new wave synth pop groups.
Honestly, that doesn’t sound terrible. I mean, wouldn’t that go in the multimedia section?

Michael Jacks0n

kiwifarms.net
Honestly, that doesn’t sound terrible. I mean, wouldn’t that go in the multimedia section?

You know what, I was actually thinking: maybe Todd should have his own thread, but instead of putting it in the Lolcow forums (since he's not as bad as Spoony or Linkara), maybe his thread could be like Dick Masterson's or Nick Rieketa's...in the sense that it's not a compilation of their cringe or anything, but just a generic thread about them, regarding their content both good and bad. That actually makes more sense.

Water-T

Will let you molest my kids for Twitter likes.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I honestly like Todd's videos, and he manages to keep politisperging out 99% of the time, and the 1% is barely noticable.

The peak of his lolcowness was when he was dating/living with Lindsey, so I suspect that he's not as drunk on the NPC Kool Aid as her and most of his virtue signalling was just putting on a show for pussy access.

Random Internet Person

3...2...1! Henshin!
kiwifarms.net
You know what, I was actually thinking: maybe Todd should have his own thread, but instead of putting it in the Lolcow forums (since he's not as bad as Spoony or Linkara), maybe his thread could be like Dick Masterson's or Nick Rieketa's...in the sense that it's not a compilation of their cringe or anything, but just a generic thread about them, regarding their content both good and bad. That actually makes more sense.
You could try it. Put it in Multimedia and see if there’s a crowd for it. I mean, what’s the worst that can happen in multimedia? The only posts are you putting up his new material?

PolexiaAphrodisia

Life just kills me. Do you have any pot?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Re: Todd

This is the video that made me lose a ton of respect for him. I mean, I knew he simped for Lindsay and was a soyo, but he kept it out of his videos for the most part...until this one.

"Chris Brown bad! Problematic! J/ew joke! Racist!"

Lil' Dicky is now Todd's number one most hated musician and he rips on the guy whenever he can. I mean, maybe you think he's lame or unfunny or tryhard, but he holds Lil Dicky on the same level of contempt as Chris Brown himself - and Dicky's never beat the shit out of a woman to my knowledge. All for being "le problematique".

Bolo

kiwifarms.net
Yeah... that's one of the things Todd in the Shadows have been doing quite a bit lately on his videos. He finds a subject "problematic", whines about having to talk about "problematic" subjects, and then proceeds to talk about the subject as if he was cluching his pearls over the "problematic" portrait of whatever makes his clique upset, like a good boy.

And to be fair to the guy, he does try to avoid sounding like a preaching self-righteous asshole, for most of the time. but at one point this gets dull, if you don't want to talk about the "problematic" verses in a song Todd, then don't, nobody cares, this shit about finding petty grievances to be offended, everybody is tired of it, nobody is putting a gun to your head, you are doing this for asspats in social media.

Random Internet Person

3...2...1! Henshin!
kiwifarms.net
Yeah... that's one of the things Todd in the Shadows have been doing quite a bit lately on his videos. He finds a subject "problematic", whines about having to talk about "problematic" subjects, and then proceeds to talk about the subject as if he was cluching his pearls over the "problematic" portrait of whatever makes his clique upset, like a good boy.

And to be fair to the guy, he does try to avoid sounding like a preaching self-righteous asshole, for most of the time. but at one point this gets dull, if you don't want to talk about the "problematic" verses in a song Todd, then don't, nobody cares, this shit about finding petty grievances to be offended, everybody is tired of it, nobody is putting a gun to your head, you are doing this for asspats in social media.
Todd’s main music reviews never really interested me after a while. Having said that, has Todd ever been painted as a big shaker in the terms of “people who talk music” on YouTube? I’m just shocked he had the restraint to not talk about Doug’s Wall review.

• Informative
Reactions: Michael Jacks0n

Michael Jacks0n

kiwifarms.net
I’m just shocked he had the restraint to not talk about Doug’s Wall review.

I think anything someone could say about Doug Walker's The Wall would be preaching to the choir at this point. As much as I dislike Fantano, he already gave his two cents several months back, so there's not really any need for additional criticisms of this trainwreck of a video.

Water-T

Will let you molest my kids for Twitter likes.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Re: Todd

This is the video that made me lose a ton of respect for him. I mean, I knew he simped for Lindsay and was a soyo, but he kept it out of his videos for the most part...until this one.

"Chris Brown bad! Problematic! J/ew joke! Racist!"

Lil' Dicky is now Todd's number one most hated musician and he rips on the guy whenever he can. I mean, maybe you think he's lame or unfunny or tryhard, but he holds Lil Dicky on the same level of contempt as Chris Brown himself - and Dicky's never beat the shit out of a woman to my knowledge. All for being "le problematique".

I'll concede that Lil Dcky is Todd' biggest sperg trigger since Chris Brown. Dicky is a cringy and unfunny, but Todd acts like this guy is the next Hitler. I mean, Todd completely overreacted to the joke where Dicky switches bodies with Kendall Jenner and talks about touching his newly acquired vagina, by comparing it to rape. Dude, it's just a fucking joke, and such a situation is not within the realm of possibility, so just calm the fuck down.

PolexiaAphrodisia

Life just kills me. Do you have any pot?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Todd’s main music reviews never really interested me after a while. Having said that, has Todd ever been painted as a big shaker in the terms of “people who talk music” on YouTube? I’m just shocked he had the restraint to not talk about Doug’s Wall review.
His pop song reviews are now few and far between, I am much more interested in his historical "Top 10 Worsts," Trainwreckords, and One Hit Wonderland. Especially because they seem to provide very little SJW fuel, as he at least seems to have the good sense to not judge past works with current morals.

I kind of wish he stuck to those, plus Top 10 Worst/Best at the end of each year. I'll watch those videos over and over again, but for the most part his pop song analysis videos aren't worth too many rewatches.

edit: Back to Lindsay - I was watching Defunctland's "Okefenokee" video and decided to rewatch "Nostalgic Woman" Song of the South. It's kind of interesting which NC videos she chose to keep on her channel and which ones are lost to time. I wonder what her criteria were.

Random Internet Person

3...2...1! Henshin!
kiwifarms.net
His pop song reviews are now few and far between, I am much more interested in his historical "Top 10 Worsts," Trainwreckords, and One Hit Wonderland. Especially because they seem to provide very little SJW fuel, as he at least seems to have the good sense to not judge past works with current morals.

I kind of wish he stuck to those, plus Top 10 Worst/Best at the end of each year. I'll watch those videos over and over again, but for the most part his pop song analysis videos aren't worth too many rewatches.
Honestly, his One Hit Wonderland were the only videos of his I found myself watching, and even then I only watched the songs I knew about, and that's what led to me drifting away from him. I said it before, but if Todd isn't a lolcow, he's at least worth having something in the multimedia/off-topic section just for those who wanna talk music.

Edit: Turns out there's both a multimedia section and a music section in the off-topic sector. Not sure which one is more fitting for Todd.

Last edited:

Trig.Point

I wouldn't start from here.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

edit: Back to Lindsay - I was watching Defunctland's "Okefenokee" video and decided to rewatch "Nostalgic Woman" Song of the South. It's kind of interesting which NC videos she chose to keep on her channel and which ones are lost to time. I wonder what her criteria were.
Those Nostalgia Chick videos... does she own them or are those Channel Awesome?