TGWTG Nostalgia Chick / Lindsay Ellis / TheDudette - aka Hotdogs in face girl

Trig.Point

I wouldn't start from here.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
His pop song reviews are now few and far between, I am much more interested in his historical "Top 10 Worsts," Trainwreckords, and One Hit Wonderland. Especially because they seem to provide very little SJW fuel, as he at least seems to have the good sense to not judge past works with current morals.

I kind of wish he stuck to those, plus Top 10 Worst/Best at the end of each year. I'll watch those videos over and over again, but for the most part his pop song analysis videos aren't worth too many rewatches.

edit: Back to Lindsay - I was watching Defunctland's "Okefenokee" video and decided to rewatch "Nostalgic Woman" Song of the South. It's kind of interesting which NC videos she chose to keep on her channel and which ones are lost to time. I wonder what her criteria were.
Those Nostalgia Chick videos... does she own them or are those Channel Awesome?

GhostButt

kiwifarms.net
Yeah... that's one of the things Todd in the Shadows have been doing quite a bit lately on his videos. He finds a subject "problematic", whines about having to talk about "problematic" subjects, and then proceeds to talk about the subject as if he was cluching his pearls over the "problematic" portrait of whatever makes his clique upset, like a good boy.
This is every "nerd culture" youtube channel, even the non-basement productions like honest trailers absolutly have to work in one diversity "oof" per episode

Puddleduck

kiwifarms.net
Those Nostalgia Chick videos... does she own them or are those Channel Awesome?
I think she owns them, though I think Lindsay also says the Nostalgia CHick IP is owned by CA. Either way, she has an alt channel for the CHick. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLdcgni1mCq1OxUE3HIL8QQ/videos
Yeah I remember that from one of her blogs or something, the videos belong to her, but once she left CA she wasn't "allowed" to make NChick videos.

Sir Wesley Tailpipe

kiwifarms.net
Yeah I remember that from one of her blogs or something, the videos belong to her, but once she left CA she wasn't "allowed" to make NChick videos.
The Nostalgia Chick character was created by the braintrust at CA, and then a casting contest was held to fill it, which Lindsey won. She was playing a part somebody else created, and thus has no right to the IP if she isn’t making material for them.

It’s a bit similar to Larry “Bud” Melman having to change his stage name when Letterman left NBC because the network owned every idea Letterman and the writers came up with for Late Night. Whoever paid for the idea owns the idea.

Puddleduck

kiwifarms.net
The Nostalgia Chick character was created by the braintrust at CA, and then a casting contest was held to fill it, which Lindsey won. She was playing a part somebody else created, and thus has no right to the IP if she isn’t making material for them.

It’s a bit similar to Larry “Bud” Melman having to change his stage name when Letterman left NBC because the network owned every idea Letterman and the writers came up with for Late Night. Whoever paid for the idea owns the idea.
Makes me think of Megan Mullaly from Will & Grace - for years she had been trying to do a "one woman show" as Karen, but NBC wouldn't let her. As far as I know the showrunners didn't mind, but the station wouldn't budge. I think she couldn't even play someone who just happened to be called Karen and was a rich socialite alchohol, there was just no wiggle room for her.

Random Internet Person

Panzer Vor, motherfuckers!
kiwifarms.net
Makes me think of Megan Mullaly from Will & Grace - for years she had been trying to do a "one woman show" as Karen, but NBC wouldn't let her. As far as I know the showrunners didn't mind, but the station wouldn't budge. I think she couldn't even play someone who just happened to be called Karen and was a rich socialite alchohol, there was just no wiggle room for her.
I mean, Lindsay has said that CA was "holding her back".

Sir Wesley Tailpipe

kiwifarms.net
NBC is vicious about intellectual property. They actually tried to get an injunction against David Letterman to stop him from doing Top Ten lists on CBS, but lost because it was shown that the concept wasn’t novel when Dave started doing it on Late Night.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
New and pretty boring video today
American Idiot is the first album I actually listened to, so I think I have a leg to stand on. And I think I may feel like Pink Floyd fan after Doug released his video on “The Wall”.

First off, while the album as a whole is a concept album about a guy disillusioned with life in his small town, American Idiot is more about the media controlling the narrative and cheering on discord and mayhem because “if it bleeds, it leads” (and you can argue it still applies) and yeah, it doesn’t mention Bush himself, and the shit about the Eiffel Tower in “Holiday” is about how France didn’t support the invasion of Iraq IIRC.

Secondly, and this is a bigger error, she completely missed the point of “Wake Me Up When September Ends”. It has no connection to the rest of the album. The song is Billie Joe grieveing over the death of his father (which is why I find the “wake up, Billie Joe” jokes not only stupid, but in bad taste as well). .

As a whole, the album isn’t all that political aside from the title track and maybe that one verse of “Holiday” (which leads right into “Boulevard of Broken Dreams”. And Green Day hasn’t really been super political to my knowledge, except for I think something where they talked about shootings before their single “Bang Bang” was released, and this song which is May be more on the nose than anything American Idiot did.

Not too surprised considering it’s three guys from the Bay Area.

Also, I did not know Eminem got a visit from Secret Service, and that BET freestyle has got to be the saddest thing he’s ever done.

Last edited:

KillThemCrackasBabies

kiwifarms.net
American Idiot is the first album I actually listened to, so I think I have a leg to stand on. And I think I may feel like Pink Floyd fan after Doug released his video on “The Wall”.

First off, while the album as a whole is a concept album about a guy disillusioned with life in his small town, American Idiot is more about the media controlling the narrative and cheering on discord and mayhem because “if it bleeds, it leads” (and you can argue it still applies) and yeah, it doesn’t mention Bush himself, and the shit about the Eiffel Tower in “Holiday” is about how France didn’t support the invasion of Iraq IIRC.

Secondly, and this is a bigger error, she completely missed the point of “Wake Me Up When September Ends”. It has no connection to the rest of the album. The song is Billie Joe grieveing over the death of his father (which is why I find the “wake up, Billie Joe” jokes not only stupid, but in bad taste as well). .

As a whole, the album isn’t all that political aside from the title track and maybe that one verse of “Holiday” (which leads right into “Boulevard of Broken Dreams”. And Green Day hasn’t really been super political to my knowledge, except for I think something where they talked about shootings before their single “Bang Bang” was released, and this song which is May be more on the nose than anything American Idiot did.

Not too surprised considering it’s three guys from the Bay Area.

Also, I did not know Eminem got a visit from Secret Service, and that BET freestyle has got to be the saddest thing he’s ever done.
Yeah I'm not watching all of that but you're on the money with Green Day, the "politics" of American Idiot were greatly exaggerated with the title track and Holiday and they somehow got branded as a "political" act.

Back on topic Lindsay is fat and not smart.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Yeah I'm not watching all of that but you're on the money with Green Day, the "politics" of American Idiot were greatly exaggerated with the title track and Holiday and they somehow got branded as a "political" act.

Back on topic Lindsay is fat and not smart.
Yeah I feel that American Idiot was the album you listened to while high and thinking you were a philosopher back then. Or what the Hot Topic “Mom and Dad don’t understand me” Sasuke Uchiha worshippers listened to when they were done with Linkin Park.

Weppers

kiwifarms.net
What are they hinting at right at the 2 minute mark? What is the no other reason joke? Were both of these people part of Channel Awesome and TGWTG before the collapse?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Azafran90

PolexiaAphrodisia

Life just kills me. Do you have any pot?
kiwifarms.net
What are they hinting at right at the 2 minute mark? What is the no other reason joke? Were both of these people part of Channel Awesome and TGWTG before the collapse?
Yes. Todd in the Shadows was part of Channel Awesome - he and "Nostalgia Chick" had a dynamic where she was hopelessly in stalkery love with him, and he was hopelessly in stalkery love with Obscurus Lupa.

HonestJohn2376

kiwifarms.net
New and pretty boring video today
The Amanda Palmer and Joyce Oates near the end of the video are really dumb for reasons other than the ones Lindsay pointed out. The suffering-bleeds-true-art meme is a retarded fantasy that barely reflects the creative process behind great art. Feeling suffering deeply and creating art based on suffering with honesty and precision are mental states as distant as the Earth from the Sun.

Artists do not necessarily thrive on estrangement, turbulence, and rebellion. This Romantic bullshit seriously needs to die. It created so many pretentious losers who think they're profound loners, when they're really from showbiz. While art is absolutely influenced by politics, I would like to think art is larger and deeper than whatever ideology or counterculture is in vogue. Maybe some "cultural critic" who deconstructs art with a Marxist analysis will disagree, but since when did a critic know art better than an artist did?

Bottom line: Lindsay is still fat and still not smart.