TGWTG Nostalgia Chick / Lindsay Ellis / TheDudette - aka Hotdogs in face girl

Tootsie Bear

kiwifarms.net
LMAO I stand corrected -- When do you think Lindsay will get pregnant with a white baby she intends to keep?* Gonna be hard to give up the wine, though.
My prediction: Both her and her husband adopt a non-white baby like the actresses who adopted African or Asian children. She doesn't look like the woman who would be comfortable being pregnant or carrying a white people, let alone a dirty white male!

French Slut

kiwifarms.net
My prediction: Both her and her husband adopt a non-white baby like the actresses who adopted African or Asian children. She doesn't look like the woman who would be comfortable being pregnant or carrying a white people, let alone a dirty white male!
I think her Appalachian roots are going to claim victory here. She gets a great excuse to appear constantly washed out and bloated whilst receiving free compliments on being a pregnant g.oddess and also gets to complain about not being able to go to Disneyland. She'll repent for bringing another white devil into the world by announcing they're raising the baby with no gender.

Laughingjoke2

kiwifarms.net
You're giving Lindsay way too much credit she's a Weekend Activist with Twitter at best a grade A Karen. She had her little flings with non whites in her twenties maybe even let some Dyke go down on her at some point. But when the 30 wall came she went home to a nice upper middle class white guy to give her a comfortable life. She'll pump out a few little ones for hubby like a good wife but trust me if any are boys she'll pussify them and god help them might even troon one out for diversity points.

For wanting to be a going against the grain liberal Lindsay is as cliche as they come.

Ten2Nine

kiwifarms.net

I've wondered at times if Lindsay uses her Twitter as a kind of testing ground for her videos. Take the audience's temperature and make sure they'll go along with her when it comes time to put that opinion in a video. Lindsay had previously bashed Avenue Q on Twitter as a musical she hated. She never gave reasons even when asked directly but several of her followers did. Their main reason for hating it was the song "Everyone's a Little Bit Racist", which they somehow interpreted as "racism is fine and not a problem". So, now Lindsay brings up the final song of Avenue Q, "For Now".

She uses it, along with John Mayer's "Waiting on the World to Change", as examples of weak, everything's going to be ok songs from 2004-2008 about just "riding out the bullshit" of the George W. Bush presidency since he got re-elected. The first problem is that the show started in 2003 before Bush was re-elected. The second is that, despite Lindsay cherry picking the "George Bush" line, the song is not about politics. The third is the actual context of the song which Lindsay actively has to edit around in her video. It starts as a song trying to cheer up the lead character about how the bad things in life are "only for now". However, it eventually drifts into how this cuts both ways as the good things in life are also "only for now". The song then bounces back and forth between good and bad things. The line before "George Bush" being "only for now" is about how "your hair" is "only for now". They've even changed the "George Bush" line several times over the years. She says the song "proudly proclaims it's disengagement" and "reassures themselves that they'll live through this". After using part of the song over George W. Bush-era war footage she has to quickly lower it at 33:49 because the lyrics at that point, "Each time you smile...only for now...it will only last awhile. Life may be scary...but it's only temporary.", reveals context that must be ignored to mislead her audience about the song.

Arthur Morgan

kiwifarms.net
When do you guys think Lindsay will get pregnant?
Last year she mentioned she talked to her dirty about it and was offended over being told that a pregnancy after the age of 35 is considered geriatric. I think she's 36 now, so that biological clock is probably ticking a little louder now. There are many examples of women hitting their mid thirties and deciding now is the time for kids.

Also, the original kid would have been, what, ten now? Maybe that's in her head.

Random Internet Person

Panzer Vor, motherfuckers!
kiwifarms.net

I've wondered at times if Lindsay uses her Twitter as a kind of testing ground for her videos. Take the audience's temperature and make sure they'll go along with her when it comes time to put that opinion in a video. Lindsay had previously bashed Avenue Q on Twitter as a musical she hated. She never gave reasons even when asked directly but several of her followers did. Their main reason for hating it was the song "Everyone's a Little Bit Racist", which they somehow interpreted as "racism is fine and not a problem". So, now Lindsay brings up the final song of Avenue Q, "For Now".

She uses it, along with John Mayer's "Waiting on the World to Change", as examples of weak, everything's going to be ok songs from 2004-2008 about just "riding out the bullshit" of the George W. Bush presidency since he got re-elected. The first problem is that the show started in 2003 before Bush was re-elected. The second is that, despite Lindsay cherry picking the "George Bush" line, the song is not about politics. The third is the actual context of the song which Lindsay actively has to edit around in her video. It starts as a song trying to cheer up the lead character about how the bad things in life are "only for now". However, it eventually drifts into how this cuts both ways as the good things in life are also "only for now". The song then bounces back and forth between good and bad things. The line before "George Bush" being "only for now" is about how "your hair" is "only for now". They've even changed the "George Bush" line several times over the years. She says the song "proudly proclaims it's disengagement" and "reassures themselves that they'll live through this". After using part of the song over George W. Bush-era war footage she has to quickly lower it at 33:49 because the lyrics at that point, "Each time you smile...only for now...it will only last awhile. Life may be scary...but it's only temporary.", reveals context that must be ignored to mislead her audience about the song.
First she completely oversells and misses the point of an entire album with Green Day, and now she tries to make politics out of a musical song that most likely isn’t political. Is this what it feels like to watch a Doug Walker train wreck?

Sir Wesley Tailpipe

kiwifarms.net

You have to remember, to progressives, optimisim and the acknowledgement that circumstances are changeable is hate speech! How dare you cheer up when some tranny somewhere is being oppressed! If you’re not mad, you’re not paying attention!

HonestJohn2376

kiwifarms.net
You have to remember, to progressives, optimisim and the acknowledgement that circumstances are changeable is hate speech! How dare you cheer up when some tranny somewhere is being oppressed! If you’re not mad, you’re not paying attention!
Being optimistic and proactive does not mesh with being an oppressed sensitive snowflake.

• Feels
Reactions: Azafran90

iafiv

kiwifarms.net

Out of curiosity just how many folk were fans of the Dixie Chicks?And why?I vaguely remember them and they sucked.Then again the early-mid 2000's were also the era of Avril Lavigne and 50 Cent so they didn't lack the competition.Lindsay seems weirdly angry that the Dixie Chicks lost their popularity due to the politicts of the era.That having been said its funny to think how much country music singers tried to capitalise on 9/11 by coming up with some trully cheesy patriotic songs.I still laugh whenever I hear Toby Keith trying to sound patriotic.Country music just doesn't fit with blatant jingoism.The good kind is far more introspective and philosophical about the world.

Last edited:

Krokodil Overdose

[|][||][||][|_]
kiwifarms.net
Out of curiosity just how many folk were fans of the Dixie Chicks?And why?I vaguely remember them and they sucked.Then again the early-mid 2000's were also the era of Avril Lavigne and 50 Cent so they didn't lack the competition.Lindsay seems weirdly angry that the Dixie Chicks lost their popularity due to the politicts of the era.
I was never a fan (of them or their genre) but I remember the "controversy:" basically they were a country-pop act that caught Bush Derangement Syndrome, went on the cover of Rolling Stone to announce it, and then (surprise!) lost a ton of popularity with people among whom Bush was popular, a group that included much of their now-former fan base.

Lindsey being angry about this isn't in the least bit weird, though. In her Franzia-soaked Manichean worldview, evil won. People are supposed to be cancelled, have their lives ruined and their careers destroyed for having the wrong opinions, but this happened to someone for having the right opinions. It's the same reason she and her ilk went absolutely apeshit about GG: because it challenged their sense of moral righteousness and Whiggish presumptions of inevitability.

iafiv

kiwifarms.net
I was never a fan (of them or their genre) but I remember the "controversy:" basically they were a country-pop act that caught Bush Derangement Syndrome, went on the cover of Rolling Stone to announce it, and then (surprise!) lost a ton of popularity with people among whom Bush was popular, a group that included much of their now-former fan base.

Lindsey being angry about this isn't in the least bit weird, though. In her Franzia-soaked Manichean worldview, evil won. People are supposed to be cancelled, have their lives ruined and their careers destroyed for having the wrong opinions, but this happened to someone for having the right opinions. It's the same reason she and her ilk went absolutely apeshit about GG: because it challenged their sense of moral righteousness and Whiggish presumptions of inevitability.
Circa 2003 it was gutsy as a singer that apppealed to mostly white guys in the Midwest and South to oppose the Iraq war.Although I was always somewhat weirded out by the fact that the biggest supporters of the War on terror in general are the ones who've been the least directly impacted on US soil.9/11 ultimately hit two of the most liberal places in the US.But I think the conservative reaction to 9/11 has been less about actual risk(the odds of Ahmed shooting up a bar in Nowhere Oklahoma are ultimately small) and more about the feeling that the system is under threat and there's no answer to it.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Out of curiosity just how many folk were fans of the Dixie Chicks?And why?I vaguely remember them and they sucked.Then again the early-mid 2000's were also the era of Avril Lavigne and 50 Cent so they didn't lack the competition.Lindsay seems weirdly angry that the Dixie Chicks lost their popularity due to the politicts of the era.That having been said its funny to think how much country music singers tried to capitalise on 9/11 by coming up with some trully cheesy patriotic songs.I still laugh whenever I hear Toby Keith trying to sound patriotic.Country music just doesn't fit with blatant jingoism.The good kind is far more introspective and philosophical about the world.

Circa 2003 it was gutsy as a singer that apppealed to mostly white guys in the Midwest and South to oppose the Iraq war.Although I was always somewhat weirded out by the fact that the biggest supporters of the War on terror in general are the ones who've been the least directly impacted on US soil.9/11 ultimately hit two of the most liberal places in the US.But I think the conservative reaction to 9/11 has been less about actual risk(the odds of Ahmed shooting up a bar in Nowhere Oklahoma are ultimately small) and more about the feeling that the system is under threat and there's no answer to it.
Funny you mention this band... https://www.cnn.com/videos/entertai...chicks-change-name-the-chicks-orig-llr-kj.cnn

KillThemCrackasBabies

kiwifarms.net

The Dixie Chicks were fucking yuge in the late 90's, early 2000's. They had a couple of Diamond certified albums by the time they went anti-Bush and had been considered the standard-bearers for the genre for years up to that point. It was a massive deal when they turned against Dubya at a time when half the country, and the entire style of music they did, was 100% behind the President. The closest modern example I can think of was when Kanye became a MAGApede, and that pales in comparision because of how the DC were at the absolute height of their popularity at the time and how far down they sank after doing it. You had to have been around during the time, but I don't recall another music controversy coming anywhere remotely close except Michael Jacksons death, and I'm not sure that counts as a comparable incident.

Lindsay Ellis is fat and not smart.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
The Dixie Chicks were fucking yuge in the late 90's, early 2000's. They had a couple of Diamond certified albums by the time they went anti-Bush and had been considered the standard-bearers for the genre for years up to that point. It was a massive deal when they turned against Dubya at a time when half the country, and the entire style of music they did, was 100% behind the President. The closest modern example I can think of was when Kanye became a MAGApede, and that pales in comparision because of how the DC were at the absolute height of their popularity at the time and how far down they sank after doing it. You had to have been around during the time, but I don't recall another music controversy coming anywhere remotely close except Michael Jacksons death, and I'm not sure that counts as a comparable incident.

Lindsay Ellis is fat and not smart.
Sounds like Dixie Chicks were “get woke, go broke” before that was a thing, even though IIRC the band themselves say they were blacklisted.

Also, Lindsay missed the point of American Idiot. It isn’t as political as she thinks it is.