TGWTG Nostalgia Chick / Lindsay Ellis / TheDudette - aka Hotdogs in face girl

NeoGAF Lurker

aka Niggo Mortensen
kiwifarms.net
The Dixie Chicks were against the war because of BDS rather than any kind of insight about the war. They tried to make a comeback album a couple years later but didn’t go anywhere.

Lindsay’s “analysis” has always been at the level of a 10th grader writing a book report the night before the report is due, sloppy and full of mistakes and awful takes.

iafiv

kiwifarms.net
The Dixie Chicks were against the war because of BDS rather than any kind of insight about the war. They tried to make a comeback album a couple years later but didn’t go anywhere.

Lindsay’s “analysis” has always been at the level of a 10th grader writing a book report the night before the report is due, sloppy and full of mistakes and awful takes.
I don't expect some pop-country music singers to understand the finer points of politics.I am though surprised at the ingenious method discovered by pure accident to make these wars last so long.Anytime someone tries to do something definitive and break off from these conflicts they must first state 'I support the troops'.Otherwise accusations that you're against them will be leveled.Its the method by which conservatives have been made to shut up since they're so drapped in the flag its borderline hilarious.And liberals need to walk a fine line so they don't get accused of overt disrespect.This issue of not insulting the troops has weirdly kept these wars going on long after the reason was dead and drowned.Because its made genuine debate difficult.

HonestJohn2376

kiwifarms.net

Lindsay makes new videos about every two months, so she definitely has time to thoroughly check her content for any ideological blindspots. I know most people don't have time to properly investigate political issues - I sure don't! - but someone like Lindsay, a person who does political takes for a career, should be more self-aware. I chalk it up to Lindsay having way more fans than real friends, but that is the price of fame.

That being said, Lindsay is more intelligent and thorough than your typical leftist "influencer". Her Cats review is proof she can get her head out of her ass when she wants to.

I don't expect some pop-country music singers to understand the finer points of politics.I am though surprised at the ingenious method discovered by pure accident to make these wars last so long.Anytime someone tries to do something definitive and break off from these conflicts they must first state 'I support the troops'.Otherwise accusations that you're against them will be leveled.Its the method by which conservatives have been made to shut up since they're so drapped in the flag its borderline hilarious.And liberals need to walk a fine line so they don't get accused of overt disrespect.This issue of not insulting the troops has weirdly kept these wars going on long after the reason was dead and drowned.Because its made genuine debate difficult.

Politicians discovered "ingenious methods" to make wars last longer before Iraq. The Iraq War lasted about seven years. The Vietnam War lasted about 19 years.

iafiv

kiwifarms.net
Lindsay makes new videos about every two months, so she definitely has time to thoroughly check her content for any ideological blindspots. I know most people don't have time to properly investigate political issues - I sure don't! - but someone like Lindsay, a person who does political takes for a career, should be more self-aware. I chalk it up to Lindsay having way more fans than real friends, but that is the price of fame.

That being said, Lindsay is more intelligent and thorough than your typical leftist "influencer". Her Cats review is proof she can get her head out of her ass when she wants to.

Politicians discovered "ingenious methods" to make wars last longer before Iraq. The Iraq War lasted about seven years. The Vietnam War lasted about 19 years.
The Iraq war has lasted longer than 7 years.Don't forget the return to Iraq in 2014 and the war wasn't really over between 2012-2013 for the iraqis.

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net
To be fair opposing the Iraq war in hindsight was a good idea.Like it or not but it didn't exactly pan out.Problem was that opposing such a war in early 2003 when many americans thought there was an Al Qaeda terrorist behind every bush was difficult.
I was a teenager when the Iraq War hit and I knew it was bullshit at the time and I thought it was disturbing and creepy how much the evening news programs became "hurrah for war". Then again by that time I had already done several runs of Metal Gear Solid and I thought I had an idea as to how horrible and stupid war was.

Also to add content, the Dixie Chicks are just "The Chicks" now, so they got worse.

Travoltron

kiwifarms.net
OK, so the thing about the war was that there were actually two wars. The one against the Taliban/Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan was 100% justified after 9/11. The one in Iraq was not. Bush and his cronies just snuck that one in while everyone was scared and confused.

Both sides conflated the two wars as the same thing. I don't remember any nuance in discussions.

The anti-war side were just throwing juvenile BDS tantrums just like they're doing now with TDS. If they had tried to show people that one of the two wars was against people that had NOTHING to do with 9/11, maybe people would have listened.

Instead they called people names and smashed stuff. They mocked the President over the way he talks or when he stumbles over words in a speech. This is not the way to persuade people.

I don't remember the exact words, but I believe the fat Dixie Chick told a foreign audience something to the effect of, "We're ashamed to be from Texas now."

OF COURSE country music fans would be pissed off about that, and I don't blame them.

Last edited:

iafiv

kiwifarms.net
OK, so the thing about the war was that there were actually two wars. The one against the Taliban/Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan was 100% justified after 9/11. The one in Iraq was not. Bush and his cronies just snuck that one in while everyone was scared and confused.

Both sides conflated the two wars as the same thing. I don't remember any nuance in discussions.

The anti-war side were just throwing juvenile BSD tantrums just like they're doing now with TDS. If they had tried to show people that one of the two wars was against people that had NOTHING to do with 9/11, maybe people would have listened.

Instead they called people names and smashed stuff. They mocked the President over the way he talks or when he stumbles over words in a speech. This is not the way to persuade people.

I don't remember the exact words, but I believe the fat Dixie Chick told a foreign audience something to the effect of, "We're ashamed to be from Texas now."

OF COURSE country music fans would be pissed off about that, and I don't blame them.
Problem was Saddam had become a boogie man in political discourse for a full decade before 9/11.It was very hard to convince people that Saddam did not have anything to do with 9/11.

NeoGAF Lurker

aka Niggo Mortensen
kiwifarms.net
Also to add content, the Dixie Chicks are just "The Chicks" now, so they got worse.

They’re about to put out their first album in 14 years and it appears they went full Tumblr:

1593458994906.png

Tootsie Bear

kiwifarms.net
They’re about to put out their first album in 14 years and it appears they went full Tumblr:

View attachment 1416252
As expected it's terrible. No doubt the Dixie Chicks know no one cares about them and they're doing the SJW just to stay relevant.

Country music became a joke years ago already.If Taylor Swift was once considered country that tells you everything you need to know about it.
Agreed. Female country artists look they're mass marked Stepford Wives and the men are "bro country". Even if you're not a fan of country music you can tell the quality of the genre has dropped way off the cliff into the black abyss below.

Laughingjoke2

kiwifarms.net
As expected it's terrible. No doubt the Dixie Chicks know no one cares about them and they're doing the SJW just to stay relevant.

Agreed. Female country artists look they're mass marked Stepford Wives and the men are "bro country". Even if you're not a fan of country music you can tell the quality of the genre has dropped way off the cliff into the black abyss below.
Apparently they were just going to do a cover album or best off until the fat one's husband actor Adrian Pasdar divorced her and wanted the prenuptial agreement thrown out and he wanted alimony and that "Inspired" her to write new music and this is her "Men Are Bad" album.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Apparently they were just going to do a cover album or best off until the fat one's husband actor Adrian Pasdar divorced her and wanted the prenuptial agreement thrown out and he wanted alimony and that "Inspired" her to write new music and this is her "Men Are Bad" album.

Equality is a double edged sword, bitch.

HonestJohn2376

kiwifarms.net
Notice how they still use "Dixie Chicks" in the video title, however. They want to shed the evil right-wing implications (but not at the expense of brand recognition).

That would be sensible and pragmatic in this polarized political climate. Even if you are an outspoken liberal, people will still think you're racist if you have "dixie" in your name. Nothing wrong with the Chicks. Business is business.

Travoltron

kiwifarms.net
Oh, did he finally divorce her? That's entirely on her. She totally let herself go once she got a ring on her finger. Didn't try one iota to look feminine. I saw a picture of her where her look could only be described as "Walmart Dyke".