TGWTG Nostalgia Chick / Lindsay Ellis / TheDudette - aka Hotdogs in face girl

• Stinky Indonesians are trying to spam the forum with ad placement links. If you see a post containing inline links or direct link placements to what seem like commercial products, only somewhat related to the thread, please report it. Fake passports/documents and brand name clothing like shoes seem common.

lemmiwinks

кремлеботы
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ah so, Rindsee Erris velly solly, but cancel cultur not thing, invention of wight wing bigodds!!
rinzee_erris-2.png

FuzzMushr00m

kiwifarms.net
King Doug:
-worked a real job and fought wageslavery first-hand
-knows how to handle criticism and twittards
-regularly employs several people, learned from his past mistakes and treats his employees well
-literally can't stop releasing videos, gifted us with the highest kinos
-inspired hundreds of kinographers like Latza
-constantly platforms charities

Linsday Ellis:
-never worked a day in her life
-terminally online and addicted to Twitter
-posts a video every couple of months

princess pierrot

a left foot caught in a sensual seduction
kiwifarms.net
regardless of the title or intents of the video, it was a waste of time to watch as ellis only talked in circles, which tbf most of breadtube does, but it felt like pedantic discussions and wayyy too much "fox bad!" and all that. i dont care about the politics, but there was no accountability and most of it was to take the heat off herself long after shes been taken out of the fire. everyone is beyond over it at this point.

macguyver16

kiwifarms.net
King Doug:
This honestly.

Not to mention I've only heard nice stuff about him when people have met him at conventions.

His reviews may be autistic and it's honestly fun to goof on him, but he's pretty good to the fans. It probably helps that most of them are autistic as well though.

Brad has always seemed pretty cool as well. Haven't really watched his stuff in awhile, but he seems to be chugging along.

Most of the CA "autistic gang" seem way more pretentious than they honestly deserve to be. I'd at least have a beer with Doug. Lindsay would be a sad sack before the second drink.

Terrorist

Osama bin Ladkin
kiwifarms.net
King Doug:
-regularly employs several people, learned from his past mistakes and treats his employees well

Linsday Ellis:
I’m struck by how much better Latza is than all of these people. Imagine if he had become a Doug capo or Breadtube windowlicker like Lindsay - he’d be so much worse off.

Bloody bunny

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I think there's a dynamic that's often overlooked where when cancel culture really burns the most is when it's from people who are supposed to be "on your side", especially when it's these financially secure internet celebrities. The crowd you associate with is pretty important to existing online, and now Ellis has no one. She's been rendered radioactive by being held to the same standards she held others and it must be absolutely maddening for a large swath of her own idealogical associates to regard her as little better than Mister Metokur.

A big part of the progressive identity is having a high verbal intelligence. While a lot of these people are annoying and stupid, the ability to adapt new language, throw away old, and know how to use it effectively to manipulate and protect yourself from the other Progs is a big deal. It's genuinely impressive how much they're able to keep up with such non-stop shifting verbiage, expectations, and idealogical shifts. The people who can do this almost always skew young, and Lindsay simply got too old to keep up. She kept making mistakes and having little slip-ups; blood in the water for the sharks. She wrongly assumed that her very obvious Progressive principles should be sufficient to keep her on good terms with everyone. But when Racism isn't a social condition that arises from criss-crossing factors like history, culture, and economics and is instead a demonic possession or a viral infection that has to be exercised or quarantined, you get treated like a sinner or a leper.

Good ole' Destiny is always interesting to me, because he's a guy who is very obviously in the same idealogical camp as Ellis, but has avoided any of this bullshit by simply refusing to play these bitchy social ladder games with people. You can't get kicked out if you don't play, and he gets blasted by people his own people all the time, but it never amounts to anything. The end result is someone who is the best internet advocate the Progs ever had, and they more often than not, utterly despise him.

Too bad for Ellis, she loved the game. Was a star player, might have even had a hand in setting the rules of the game. She loved the status climbing, the easy praise, the intellectual masturbation, seeing her enemies driven before her, and being the one to set the standard of who was allowed to hang out with the cool kids. Well, now she lost and doesn't know what to do with herself.
I know I'm kinda alone on this but I keep hoping that this means she will change for the better but I know that’s just wishful thinking.

EarthquakeMachine

kiwifarms.net
I know I'm kinda alone on this but I keep hoping that this means she will change for the better but I know that’s just wishful thinking.
She will probably still make her YouTube videos and write books, but as far as someone who is taken seriously in political communities she identifies with, she's done. There's a lot of fracturing going on as the political spectrum sorts itself out. TERFs are the most obvious fracture that everyone here knows about; but they have each other even if they don't quite fit in on either side of the political spectrum. There's the "Post-Left", Leftists that reject IdPol and the corporatisation of the mainstream Left, and they're something of a clique altogether.

Anyone older than 27 will probably be aged out of the Prog/IdPol space and cast aside and form their own fractured little sub-group. Membership will probably be anyone in the Anti-GamerGate crowd during that era (I'm not a gamer at all so I wasn't really paying attention when all of that went down). Their tone will probably be a more level-headed, rational IdPol Progressive; one that avoids the inflammatory rhetoric that's more appealing when you're younger. They'll ironically be "Conservative Progressives" and will probably be called that by detractors who mock them for not keeping up with whatever new mind bending nonsense variation of Trans-whatever. A conservatism born out of age and material comfort that makes idealogical street fighting less romantic than it used to be.

Ninon42

kiwifarms.net
You're not alone. Even on the Dork marathon stream the other day, he made the point that what she said in her video wasn't wrong on its face. They were just concerns which had already been said by people for years with different political stances than her, and so she had dismissed them outright until she herself was targeted. Dismissing the message due to the messenger, if you will. Blaming her pseudo-cancellation on so-called "diet Nazis" (that's stupid) instead of the woke outrage-obsessed idiots who actually did it was just baffling but sensible for her brand.

I don't think her problem is a lack of self-awareness though; she knows exactly what she's doing, and spewing bile over we the Kiwichan trolls rather than the Twitter mob was the safest option. She stays a victim, says what her paypigs want to hear and maintains her spot in the YouTuber leftie hierarchy. Despite her minimization of her level of influence in that video, she does have significant clout as one of Patreon's top 50 earners with 9K+ paypigs. She lost nothing flouncing off Twitter but a little bit of a bruise to her pride.

She could be better, but what she does now works so why bother? Based Lindsay doesn't pay the bills.

macguyver16

kiwifarms.net
She will probably still make her YouTube videos and write books, but as far as someone who is taken seriously in political communities she identifies with, she's done. There's a lot of fracturing going on as the political spectrum sorts itself out. TERFs are the most obvious fracture that everyone here knows about; but they have each other even if they don't quite fit in on either side of the political spectrum. There's the "Post-Left", Leftists that reject IdPol and the corporatisation of the mainstream Left, and they're something of a clique altogether.

Anyone older than 27 will probably be aged out of the Prog/IdPol space and cast aside and form their own fractured little sub-group. Membership will probably be anyone in the Anti-GamerGate crowd during that era (I'm not a gamer at all so I wasn't really paying attention when all of that went down). Their tone will probably be a more level-headed, rational IdPol Progressive; one that avoids the inflammatory rhetoric that's more appealing when you're younger. They'll ironically be "Conservative Progressives" and will probably be called that by detractors who mock them for not keeping up with whatever new mind bending nonsense variation of Trans-whatever. A conservatism born out of age and material comfort that makes idealogical street fighting less romantic than it used to be.

Political discussion is retarded. Im not talking shit on your post or on you personally, and you're right, but everything i have just read here is absolutely retarded. Which is why it's going to happen.

EarthquakeMachine

kiwifarms.net
Political discussion is retarded. Im not talking shit on your post or on you personally, and you're right, but everything i have just read here is absolutely retarded. Which is why it's going to happen.
Instead of getting to be an illiterate fisherman/bootlegger like the last six generations of my family, raw dogging my illiterate wife to have 8 kids and not being hassled except to pay the local county official his share of my wheat, I get to spend my energy trying to avoid getting mentally fucked in my brains ass by pedophiles trying to use me as a psychic pawn in constant wars between assorted formal and informal power systems. What a rip-off.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-16 at 11.44.48.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-16 at 11.44.48.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 105

Bloody bunny

kiwifarms.net
Instead of getting to be an illiterate fisherman/bootlegger like the last six generations of my family, raw dogging my illiterate wife to have 8 kids and not being hassled except to pay the local county official his share of my wheat, I get to spend my energy trying to avoid getting mentally fucked in my brains ass by pedophiles trying to use me as a psychic pawn in constant wars between assorted formal and informal power systems. What a rip-off.
Yeah I hate sjw because they are the worst kind of people the ones who get a little bit of power and take there resentment out on everything and everyone.

A nameless trool

kiwifarms.net

Ellis is in her late 30s I believe and what we see is a rift between older leftists, like her and contra and the generation they bred, people in their twenties that have morphed into a much different beast, an alt-left of sorts.
The next years will be interesting.

King Doug:

Linsday Ellis:
Nail on the head post there.
NC built himself an empire, it might be shitty and faded now but he was still king for a day. Even better if he managed to build a life outside of his videos

maybe he’s not the best at movie reviews, maybe he can’t write sketch comedy to save his life but I think my life was enriched by watching his videos.

Everything I’ve seen of Ellis may as well have been her cranking one out in front of a mirror