TGWTG Nostalgia Chick / Lindsay Ellis / TheDudette - aka Hotdogs in face girl

• We are being DDoS attacked still and 12,000 people are reading about incest. Expect weird errors. Most should go away by refreshing. Registration and password reset emails are unavailable due to a DDoS attack on the email server.

Arthur Morgan

kiwifarms.net
More bi erasure by Lindsay lol. Clearly she, Elisa and Nella are the Only True Bi's and it's of course not gatekeeping when she does it (see: Mara Wilson), just a bad faith misunderstanding no doubt. What's the correct flag for desperate attention whore?
Whichever one gets the most eyes on them.

X-avier cuck

kiwifarms.net
I was thinking about Lindsay's "Woke Disney" video and and her latest vid and it's pretty ironic.
The reason why we keep getting this forced diversity and wokeness in today's media is largely because Hollywood wants to jack off these Progressive Neanderthals.
I find it hypocritical for leftist like Ellis to bark at these projects when they directly caused them to exist in the first place.
It started in the early 2010s, with BuzzFeed giving awful takes about how bad the Disney Princesses were and has now evolved into randos on Twitter complaining that a film doesn't have leads as black as coal.

Trianon

kiwifarms.net
This is bad even for her standards dude
1. Guys, lets all forget that i used to do bad faith criticism of disney shit, girl boss feminism is bad and ariel didnt cause the wage gap
2. Disney indoctrinates children into CAPITALISM, not misogyny. admits during this section that she was also indoctrinated this way, blames that for why she spent the last month loafing around on disney plus
3. The entire video is presented very lazily, she is trying to do this apathetic wounded bird "i cant bother to try to make this decent because you guys cancelled me, but its ironic so you cant say its low effort trash" thing and its very off putting
4. The middle of the video is nothing any sane person didnt know, basically just "hey ariel isnt a bad feminist or whatever and the braindead "sold her voice for a man" take is incorrect. Problem is its padded out with an insane amount of filler, restating facts and playing whole clips of various memes to make it even longer
5. The end of it gets really retarded, She introduces the GAY PART with clips from rupauls drag race (looong clips, jfc) and starts talking about the queer theory reading of the little mermaid, where ariel getting her legs is a metaphor for trooning out and hans christiam anderson wanted it up the ass. Her analysis becomes way less coherent at this point and she basically says "how do you do, fellow millenials, did you know little mermaid is hella gay?" She also says that all disney villains are queer coded and gives clips as examples and one of them is literally just smoking? which makes him gay i guess?
6. Mentions that Ursula is a composite of camp icons, compares her to Joan Crawford and a bunch of other old hollywod movie stars and calls Joan Crawford Joan Collins for some reason.
7. Last five minutes is just shilling for her book

honestly this one was kid of a mess, even by her standards. Lindsay seems downright pathetic here, and she is clearly trying to pad the runtime out so it still feels like a video essay.
Was "The Little Match Girl" a metaphor for how Hans Christian Anderson's flaming friends were being snuffed out? No? Then the troon reading is a reach.

It's much easier to make the case that TLM: The Movie has queer subtext or can be read as such because of the Divine and Howard Ashman influence. But it's ironic that we have spent years beating up on Ariel for "changing herself for a man," but recasting it slightly as "she was a troon and this is how troons feel!" makes it empowering.

I don't think I will give kudos to Lindsay for changing her mind. She launched a lot of cynical attacks on the film/story with earlier essays, but people have been defending Ariel and the movie against bad-faith criticisms like that for years. Lindsay is just following the trend. There's not really a fresh reading of anything here, just repackaged Current Moment talking points. I really hate how many video essays like this are only *sort of* about the film and focus more on the people making it and how it relates to YOU, THE AUDIENCE. Someone upthread said they appreciated her Betty Boop video because she clearly loved the subject, and I wish there were more essays like that where we can just appreciate, idk, Jodi Benson's performance. It's THAT, not the ancillary camp influence, that makes it work.

Also "all Disney villains are queer-coded." Frollo has logged onto the chat.

Petronella

kiwifarms.net
Jafar from Aladdin and Scar from The Lion King also get this "queer coded" label, when the former's perving over a teenage girl gave us harem-wear Jasmine, and the latter had a deleted scene (restored in the Broadway show) where he tries making a move on Nala. (The sequel also prominently features his widow and children.)

X-avier cuck

kiwifarms.net
I also never got the critique of her giving up her home for living on land.
Many people regardless of their sex just sometimes don't want to stay in the same place for the rest of their lives and desire something more in life.
I used to feel that way about my home state so I don't really see why she tried to condense this into a female con in Ariel initially.
That's why those Renaissance films are so great and today we don't really see anything like them because Disney is too busy pushing pseudo Progressive messages.

That's why those Renaissance films are so great and today we don't really see anything like them because Disney is too busy chasing trends and fads and whatever will keep Mickey Mouse and his friends and "SteamBoat Willie" from entering the public domain.
FTFY.

I haven't seen that film and even I know that Frollo's deal was he was priest lusting. For a Gypsy chick. And while the fact that he feels lust period instead of who it's for makes the basis for "Hellfire" (even if Emserelda plays a bit into it), and I'm not sure if Esmerelda is one of those which where she's so hot you go "can you blame him?", Frollo is probably one of the clearest and simplest villains there are. Let's just hope that a remake doesn't involve shit with altar boys.

In the Air of the Night

Surprise Inside!
kiwifarms.net
I haven't seen that film and even I know that Frollo's deal was he was priest lusting. For a Gypsy chick. And while the fact that he feels lust period instead of who it's for makes the basis for "Hellfire" (even if Emserelda plays a bit into it), and I'm not sure if Esmerelda is one of those which where she's so hot you go "can you blame him?", Frollo is probably one of the clearest and simplest villains there are. Let's just hope that a remake doesn't involve shit with altar boys.
He was a judge in the film adaptation but his original book counterpart was an archdeacon.

Considering that the reason Frollo became a judge and with Disney "trying" to not offend anyone, I sincerly doubt we get kiddy fiddling added to Frollo's crimes any time soon.

Last edited:

Petronella

kiwifarms.net
I'd be shocked if Disney ever remade Hunchback. I feel like they'd be too afraid of accusations of ableism or racism with regard to how the townsfolk treat Quasimodo and the gypsies. (To say nothing of them saying the word gypsy, quelle horror.)
Though I could also see them trying to cash in on Me Too by having Esmeralda "speak truth to power" when Frollo tries to force himself on her.

In the Air of the Night

Surprise Inside!
kiwifarms.net
I'd be shocked if Disney ever remade Hunchback. I feel like they'd be too afraid of accusations of ableism or racism with regard to how the townsfolk treat Quasimodo and the gypsies. (To say nothing of them saying the word gypsy, quelle horror.)
Though I could also see them trying to cash in on Me Too by having Esmeralda "speak truth to power" when Frollo tries to force himself on her.

I would be shocked, not because they would remade an already controversial film, but because they willing to risk backlash for film that would probably give them mediocre profits at best.

disney-renaissance-chart-01c.jpg

So unless they pulled a Cruella and make up some Freudian excuse that caused him to be a racist pervert, I doubt that Disney would be making that risk for $$$.

Cactuar King

kiwifarms.net
I would be shocked, not because they would remade an already controversial film, but because they willing to risk backlash for film that would probably give them mediocre profits at best.

View attachment 2293390

So unless they pulled a Cruella and make up some Freudian excuse that caused him to be a racist pervert, I doubt that Disney would be making that risk for $$$.
Treasure Planet did worse than Home on The Range? Well that's disheartening.

I thought it was obvious.

"Screenwriter Tab Murphy made Frollo Paris' justice minister rather than an archdeacon, thus avoiding religious sensibilities in the finished film."

Moving back to topic, I wanna know why Lindsay thinks Frollo is queer anyway or did she forgot he exist.
So he wasn’t a priest after all….

As for Lindsay, no clue. Probably because Frollo ain’t getting any or never had a real relationship before going after Esmerelda.

Arthur Morgan

kiwifarms.net
I thought it was obvious.

"Screenwriter Tab Murphy made Frollo Paris' justice minister rather than an archdeacon, thus avoiding religious sensibilities in the finished film."

Moving back to topic, I wanna know why Lindsay thinks Frollo is queer anyway or did she forgot he exist.
She likes to pretend anything that contradicts her argument doesn't exist. Even though she did a whole video on Hunchback that focused on the comparisons between Heaven's Light and Hell Fire.