TGWTG Nostalgia Chick / Lindsay Ellis / TheDudette - aka Hotdogs in face girl

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
The irony of the woke crowd gravitating towards Elsa is that she debatably has the most dangerous message of all the Disney princesses.
Her "Letting go" and not giving a f*** about what other people think of her actions and so forth is only a positive message modern media Jacks off to it.
However it can also be read as incredibly extremist or a person about to go postal and not caring about the consequences.
That line of thinking makes sense when you consider that Elsa was supposed to be a villain in the first place.
So I don't understand how they can rally around Elsa while decrying characters like Ariel or Snow White
There's also that. Elsa "letting go" damn near destroyed her kingdom and killed everybody. Her first action after "letting go" was to build a huge extravagant ice castle. It was only after she found a middle ground (dear God, is that nuance?!) in using her powers with restraint, that she finally became a functioning person.

Seriously, trying to use her as a symbol of liberation is insane.

skykiii

kiwifarms.net
The irony of the woke crowd gravitating towards Elsa is that she debatably has the most dangerous message of all the Disney princesses.
Her "Letting go" and not giving a f*** about what other people think of her actions and so forth is only a positive message modern media Jacks off to it.
However it can also be read as incredibly extremist or a person about to go postal and not caring about the consequences.
That line of thinking makes sense when you consider that Elsa was supposed to be a villain in the first place.
So I don't understand how they can rally around Elsa while decrying characters like Ariel or Snow White
For some reason I'm reminded of people who watched the Lion King and keep thinking that "Hakuna Mattata" was the moral of that particular story, when its clearly demonstrated in-story that such a way of life is a BAD thing.

Is there some switch in people's lives that leads them to glorify self-destructive tendencies?

Jack Awful

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
For some reason I'm reminded of people who watched the Lion King and keep thinking that "Hakuna Mattata" was the moral of that particular story, when its clearly demonstrated in-story that such a way of life is a BAD thing.

Is there some switch in people's lives that leads them to glorify self-destructive tendencies?
It's easier to ignore a problem than to fix it, and people tend to try to figure out a way to put the least amount of effort as possible.

X-avier cuck

kiwifarms.net

People like to see themselves in Disney movies for better or worse.
This comes to a head with leftist because for all intensive purposes they should absolutely despise the company but more often than not they typically Champion it.
The danger is that they try to see is there movies with a left-leaning lens and it never works out or in some cases causes the original meeting of the movie to get lost

Bani

Spooky Fruit
kiwifarms.net
Since we're talking about Disney movies, I find it so ironic that Raya has largely been forgotten after the debacle and based on what I've seen isn't actually like all that much by Asian people.
It really just seems like Lindsey's leftist antis just use that against her to seize whatever position they thought they were going to get from taking her down.
I find it funny that Disney's attempts to pander to China always fail spectacularly, meanwhile DreamWorks did gangbusters there with Kung Fu Panda, a furry parody of 70s kung fu movies.

I think it's because Disney is trying way too fucking hard instead of just making whatever movies their directors actually want to make. Their movies for China feel like cynical cash-grabs with token Chinese shit to sucker in consumers, whereas DreamWorks (for all their faults) just made the same goofy shit they always make and happened to strike gold. No amount of censoring existing movies or focus-grouping is going to create a movie that does well in foreign markets of its own merit, and that's setting aside the inherent retardation of trying to cater to a totalitarian government.

I find it funny that Disney's attempts to pander to China always fail spectacularly, meanwhile DreamWorks did gangbusters there with Kung Fu Panda, a furry parody of 70s kung fu movies.

I think it's because Disney is trying way too fucking hard instead of just making whatever movies their directors actually want to make. Their movies for China feel like cynical cash-grabs with token Chinese shit to sucker in consumers, whereas DreamWorks (for all their faults) just made the same goofy shit they always make and happened to strike gold. No amount of censoring existing movies or focus-grouping is going to create a movie that does well in foreign markets of its own merit, and that's setting aside the inherent retardation of trying to cater to a totalitarian government.
Well, Dreamworks did make its biggest impact being an Anti-Disney. Man, Shrek was good.

Arthur Morgan

kiwifarms.net

It's like how modern woke comics doesn't understand why nobody likes their new characters. People liked the old stories because they were stories first, politics second.

Disney is the same with China. If they just made an interesting movie then they'd be fine. But they assume they're smart enough to crack into the market and so repeatedly make the same mistakes.

X-avier cuck

kiwifarms.net

They're doing too much at once without weaving in any sort of substance to their content.
Disney is too busy trying to gain brownie points with the woke crowd that they forgot that a story is supposed to be Universal and not appealing to non-binary whale sharks on Twitter.
Nearly a decade ago we were able to just enjoy movies and make fun of hipsters who tried to throw some cockamamie fit about it.
Now tho?
These people are thrown bones every chance they get and nine times out of ten they aren't even the ones making up the bulk of the audience

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
I just flipped the video on and HOLY SHIT!

Lindsay looks like she could pass for my (drunk and lazy) aunt, and I think I'm older than her.

Jesus lady. You just decided to stop taking care of yourself, huh?
Your post got me to actually watch part of the video. I guess this is just how she looks when she's not buried under half a pound of makeup.