TGWTG Nostalgia Chick / Lindsay Ellis / TheDudette - aka Hotdogs in face girl

• Copy+pasting images with your clipboard now works again, ending the two-month reign of terror we endured of the prior notice.

THOTHunterAlice

The merge happened, but in the way we expected.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Old Spoony can be entertaining when he's piss-ass drunk and angry. Too bad that Spoony is long gone.

I wonder what kind of person Lindsay will be once she leaves the internet spotlight. Cat lady, perhaps?
My bets are on an even worse evolution of the bitter, drunk aunt hag. This time, smells like vomit and cheap perfume to cover the smell of puke, BO, and broken dreams as she slings back cheap vodka that tastes like gasoline.

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
My bets are on an even worse evolution of the bitter, drunk aunt hag. This time, smells like vomit and cheap perfume to cover the smell of puke, BO, and broken dreams as she slings back cheap vodka that tastes like gasoline.
So, she's going to end up like the stereotypical Russian alcoholic, slowly dying from a broken liver?

Arthur Morgan

kiwifarms.net
Do you know the trope of the White Dwarf Starlet? The former actress who is now a hasbeen who dreams of getting back into the spotlight and is drinking to cope with the lack of fame? All she has to do is leave the industry and she'll be one of those.

THOTHunterAlice

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Do you know the trope of the White Dwarf Starlet? The former actress who is now a hasbeen who dreams of getting back into the spotlight and is drinking to cope with the lack of fame? All she has to do is leave the industry and she'll be one of those.
Oh she absolutely is one of those- minus the once being a well respected and glamorous actress aspect.

Ninon42

kiwifarms.net
Seems people really like these.
They are his best series, followed by OHW. I thought it was an interesting subject but was too Lindsay-esque for my tastes with the live action bits at the scientology Way to Happiness center and reading (featuring Linkara and Maggie Mae Fish) of parts of the Mission Earth books. It'll do quite well though and has high rewatchability. Also, there's something funny about both Todd and Hope living in Glendale.

PeriodicTrouble

kiwifarms.net
Anybody going to read Lindsay's new book?
1634638521300.png

Vodyanik

kiwifarms.net
No, but I looked inside a copy and there's an obligatory trigger warning. Only noteworthy because I agree with blaming the reader for getting offended rather than the artist for offending, but obviously she doesn't actually believe that and just wants to cover her ass against inevitable cancel attempts from people who are still mad they couldn't quite get her last time.

ellis.png
>alcoholism
Well they say write what you know.

And I think the insanely puffed up "about the author" section might be pretty funny for people who follow this thread.
ellis2.png

Edit: Oh and according to the acknowledgements, hbomberguy handwrote this note for her, lol.
ellis3.png
Sorry for the shit resolution.

Last edited:

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
I’m not.

No, but I looked inside a copy and there's an obligatory trigger warning. Only noteworthy because I agree with blaming the reader for getting offended rather than the artist for offending, but obviously she doesn't actually believe that and just wants to cover her ass against inevitable cancel attempts from people who are still mad they couldn't quite get her last time.

View attachment 2639305
>alcoholism

And I think the insanely puffed up "about the author" section might be pretty funny for people who follow this thread.
View attachment 2639308

Edit: Oh and according to the acknowledgements, hbomberguy handwrote this note for her, lol.
View attachment 2639338
That author’s note was…ugh. I don’t care if that was her idea or her publisher said to put it in because reasons, but if this is where the publishing industry is headed, then I feel like the whole thing is worth avoiding like the plague.

Last edited:

THOTHunterAlice

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 2639305
>alcoholism

View attachment 2639308

View attachment 2639338
Did she really just imply if not outright say a star is born glorifies suicide? Oh Jesus God Lindsey, that wasn't the fucking point of the suicide in the film. The film was about how even if things seem great it can always end in tragedy if you let your inner demons get the better of you and how it can push those closest to you away. The suicide at the end of the film wasn't meant to be glamorous, it was meant to be both depressing and heart breaking. For a film critic she really fucking sucks at analyzing films.

PeriodicTrouble

kiwifarms.net
Did she really just imply if not outright say a star is born glorifies suicide? Oh Jesus God Lindsey, that wasn't the fucking point of the suicide in the film. The film was about how even if things seem great it can always end in tragedy if you let your inner demons get the better of you and how it can push those closest to you away. The suicide at the end of the film wasn't meant to be glamorous, it was meant to be both depressing and heart breaking. For a film critic she really fucking sucks at analyzing films.
It ain't the first time missing the point big time in a film. She did the same kind of thing when she talked about the Prince of Egypt in her Mask Off video. Remember folks she has over $60,000 in student loan debt for her cinema studies and film production degrees and this is the kind of analysis she gives us. I guess she comes from the school of thought where depicting any action on film=endorsement or glorification.

THOTHunterAlice

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It ain't the first time missing the point big time in a film. She did the same kind of thing when she talked about the Prince of Egypt in her Mask Off video. Remember folks she has over $60,000 in student loan debt for her cinema studies and film production degrees and this is the kind of analysis she gives us. I guess she comes from the school of thought where depicting any action on film=endorsement or glorification.
I've said it once and ill say it again: these types of babies want everything g so disgustingly sanatized and inoffensive as possible, it makes the carebears look like 120 days of Sodom because they can't handle anything more mature than that.

Bolo

kiwifarms.net
I might if there is an audiobook, always have one with me during work and it is how I've "read" the first one.

I was wondering what to read next anyway, I'm going throught Kurt Vonnegut's work, and I've finished his big two books, but man, I'm not feeling it, maybe some Ellis trash would be a nice change for some laughs.

Fun fact, it was philosophy troon who read the first book, wonder if he is coming back for the second.

Ninon42

kiwifarms.net
I might if there is an audiobook, always have one with me during work and it is how I've "read" the first one.

I was wondering what to read next anyway, I'm going throught Kurt Vonnegut's work, and I've finished his big two books, but man, I'm not feeling it, maybe some Ellis trash would be a nice change for some laughs.

Fun fact, it was philosophy troon who read the first book, wonder if he is coming back for the second.
IIRC she said her podcast co-host Kaveh Taherian will be doing the audiobook for this one. As for Vonnegut, have you read the collection Welcome to the Monkey House? I find his short stories to be far more approachable and dare I say linear than his long form (Cat's Cradle is a clusterfuck).

Edit: I was wrong, looks like Olly is back for book two according to the last podcast episode.

Last edited: