TGWTG Nostalgia Chick / Lindsay Ellis / TheDudette - aka Hotdogs in face girl

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Ninon42

kiwifarms.net
Lindsay did an interview with the Chicago Review of Books (link/archive), as a Very Serious Author does. She actually did say something I agree with so points for that:
LE_CROB.png

"Several" is overstating it when referring to all of Kaveh and Todd, but her statement about not respecting the experience of immigrants who came to the US because their lives depended on it is valid. Idiot middle-class white or 2nd/3rd gen immigrants who can't speak their parents language but are totally <that culture> talking about the evils of the US when they've never left the country or, at best, have been in the most coddled tourist areas are the absolute worst. Doubly so when they are college commies. Appreciate what democracy and capitalism have given you and get off my lawn you tankie brats.

Using immigration as a metaphor for the alien experience has the major flaw of not accounting for power dynamics (assuming the humans have the greater power here) but I'm not willing to read the book to find out. Maybe she covered that and I'm just exceptional.

Ninon42

kiwifarms.net
Apologies for the double post, but it appears congratulations are in order to Lindsay for her achievement now noted on the Amazon page for her latest book:
LE_USATbestseller.png

And checking USA Today's bestseller list (which lists the top 150 books) reveals that yes, she did in fact make the list on October 28th for a single week, clocking in at #92.
LE_USAToday_28Oct.png

Let it not be said I don't give credit when due! There is also a new Musicalsplaining podcast up about Wicked if anyone is so inclined.

ETA: For the sake of comparison, Axiom's End also spent a single week on the USA Today list at #16
LE_USAT_AE_comparison.png

lol

Last edited:

Boston Brand

kiwifarms.net
Apologies for the double post, but it appears congratulations are due to Lindsay for her achievement now noted on the Amazon page for her latest book:
View attachment 2711773
And checking USA Today's bestseller list (which lists the top 150 books) reveals that yes, she did in fact make the list on October 28th for a single week, clocking in at #92.
View attachment 2711785

Let it not be said I don't give credit when due! There is also a new Musicalsplaining podcast up about Wicked if anyone is so inclined.

Oof... the "Bestseller" list for books that couldn't crack the real ones, even Amazon. And STILL just a one week wonder?

Better than not making any list, but this is like going from being on the starting lineup of a pro team to bragging about getting a spot as a benchwarmer in the minors.

I am gonna have to ask my buddy in our marketing department if I can use thier Bookscan account briefly to peek at the sales numbers there.

Water-T

THE SMRT TON
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Apologies for the double post, but it appears congratulations are in order to Lindsay for her achievement now noted on the Amazon page for her latest book:
View attachment 2711773
View attachment 2711785

Lindsay obviously didn't grease enough palms and suck as many dicks as she did for her last book. The odds for the third book aren't looking too good now.

Bolo

kiwifarms.net

Jumbo Gay Threat

Bitch please, no one’s that gay
kiwifarms.net
hey hey hey, look who just dropped:

Gonna start this one tomorrow.
Your a brave soul, god bless you.

Arthur Morgan

kiwifarms.net
hey hey hey, look who just dropped:

Gonna start this one tomorrow.
Should I make this part of my Bitchute or would that be going too far?

Ninon42

kiwifarms.net
Even in jest, this sentence is gross
LE_Waterstones1.png

And her fans are predictably stupid
LE_Waterstones2.png

For fuck's sake, Harkkonen is pretty obviously Russian/Finnish but you don't hear Finns crying about it. Bitching about "-coded" characters in media is up there with microaggressions in that you don't have any actual issues to bring up. Anyway, maybe this'll move a few more books for her.

Boston Brand

kiwifarms.net
Every fiber of my being wants to wretch at even the thought of the Nostalgia Chick thinking she's Frank Herbert's contemporary.

Having finally tried to force myself to read her latest fanfic...

If I hated her before, I REALLY HATE her now.

There's no way in hell this purple prose infested padded chunk of printed page - I love books too much to call this one - has ever seen an editor's pen. If it had, that editor needs to hang his head in shame, I would feel ill even working for the same company that proudly put its logo on the spine of this dreck.

Had this crossed my desk, it damned well nearly would be a page one rewrite, be it the large absence of any plot for much of the novel, or the prose that recalls the very worst of post-Twilight YA fanfics.

That's before we get into how she handles portraying PTSD, as only one whose idea of trauma is being chased off Twitter for saying rascist jokes could portray.

Her first book was amatuer hour, which hey, first novel, you can be a little rough.

Her new one though? No way in hell did she get a book deal out of anything other than name recognition, because this never would have made it out of a slush pile otherwise.

I feel revulsion knowing I have authors who pour thier blood sweat and tears onto every page and get turned away, and this utter hack got a three book deal.

The Husbando Collector

Certified professor of malewives
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Every fiber of my being wants to wretch at even the thought of the Nostalgia Chick thinking she's Frank Herbert's contemporary.

There's no way in hell this purple prose infested padded chunk of printed page - I love books too much to call this one - has ever seen an editor's pen. If it had, that editor needs to hang his head in shame, I would feel ill even working for the same company that proudly put its logo on the spine of this dreck.

Had this crossed my desk, it damned well nearly would be a page one rewrite, be it the large absence of any plot for much of the novel, or the prose that recalls the very worst of post-Twilight YA fanfics.

That's before we get into how she handles portraying PTSD, as only one whose idea of trauma is being chased off Twitter for saying rascist jokes could portray.

Her first book was amatuer hour, which hey, first novel, you can be a little rough.

Her new one though? No way in hell did she get a book deal out of anything other than name recognition, because this never would have made it out of a slush pile otherwise.

I feel revulsion knowing I have authors who pour thier blood sweat and tears onto every page and get turned away, and this utter hack got a three book deal.
If it there's any justice in in this world, the tests of time will not be nice to her at all (not that it already has. I mean, woof, look at that alcohol-bloat) and she's gonna be forgotten and die smelling like broken ambitions and boxed wine instead of a HUGO NOMINATED BEST SELLING AUTHOR U GUIZZZZZZZZ. It's just a matter of time before her dick sucking and brown nosing doesn't work- or better yet- completely backfires on her and everyone can see her as the smarmy, talentless alchy hack that she's always been.

The Husbando Collector

Certified professor of malewives
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What's the deal with her hairline? It's parting like the Red Sea.

She needs to get that sorted. It's very distracting. (And I say that as someone who enjoyed her Love Never Dies review)
Well, alcohol dries the fuck out of your hair which makes it brittle and therefore, more prone to breaking (alongside sucking out the nutrients that is required for strong, healthy hair).

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net

Well, at least there’s one book left. And then, I think this little foray will be over .