TGWTG Nostalgia Chick / Lindsay Ellis / TheDudette - aka Hotdogs in face girl

• ATTN NEW USERS: I strongly suggest using a real, alter-ego email address from a reputable provider and using a Password Manager to securely keep tack of it. If you forget your email and password I cannot restore your account. These are good practices in general so stop being lazy.

Fictional Character

kiwifarms.net
Frank Herbert - 1920-1986
Lindsay Ellis - 1984-

I think that Lindsay doesn't know what 'contemporary' means. Not a good sign for an aspiring professional author.

I think she's just making a joke along the lines of "We were alive at the same time, so we're contemporaries." At the same time, it says a lot about her that "She doesn't know what contemporary means." is a plausible explanation.

JamesFargo

I fucked em... then I chucked em.😎
kiwifarms.net
I think she's just making a joke along the lines of "We were alive at the same time, so we're contemporaries."
For years, fans kept asking for her opinion of Dune.

She clearly doesn't care about it. But, compassionately, she never said so. (I attended a Q&A, and she dodged the question.) So, you get these tongue-in-cheek references to Dune.

Water-T

Royal Black is a fat ugly child molesting cunt
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If it there's any justice in in this world, the tests of time will not be nice to her at all (not that it already has. I mean, woof, look at that alcohol-bloat) and she's gonna be forgotten and die smelling like broken ambitions and boxed wine instead of a HUGO NOMINATED BEST SELLING AUTHOR U GUIZZZZZZZZ. It's just a matter of time before her dick sucking and brown nosing doesn't work- or better yet- completely backfires on her and everyone can see her as the smarmy, talentless alchy hack that she's always been.
Take heart in knowing that Ellis' ACTUAL contemporary Zoe Quinn got her book nominated alongside the legendary Ursula K. LeGuinn, and now Zoe's book is rotting in dollar bins and she's paying rent by letting old Jap dudes use her as a toilet.

Verxis

kiwifarms.net
I think she's just making a joke along the lines of "We were alive at the same time, so we're contemporaries." At the same time, it says a lot about her that "She doesn't know what contemporary means." is a plausible explanation.
So she's retarded. No surprise there. She did murder her baby for no reason.

Krokodil Overdose

[|][||][||][|_]
kiwifarms.net
For years, fans kept asking for her opinion of Dune.

She clearly doesn't care about it. But, compassionately, she never said so. (I attended a Q&A, and she dodged the question.) So, you get these tongue-in-cheek references to Dune.
If memory serves, she had a review of the David Lynch Dune up on TGWTG, but eventually took it down over the backlash. She and Spoony also did a rifftrax of that movie. She's not a fan. I think the joke was supposed to be that it's weird for the two of them to wind up on the same list because they're nothing alike, but perhaps I'm being too kind.

Also, can we talk about that title for a sec? "Noumena?" The only understandable definition I found was "the reality of a thing as opposed to it's appearance." Can anyone tell me how that applies here?

JamesFargo

I fucked em... then I chucked em.😎
kiwifarms.net
If memory serves, she had a review of the David Lynch Dune up on tGWTG
And a rifftrack with Spoony. It was alright, nothing amazing. I think she recorded it while en route to New York.

The joke at the end is that Noah was only pretending to hate the movie. (He and Brad both admitted that they love the Lynch movie; but they don't care for the rest.)

Last edited:

Matt Damon

kiwifarms.net
"Noumena?" The only understandable definition I found was "the reality of a thing as opposed to it's appearance."
It's a reference to Kant and his opposing terms "noumenon" (a thing in some kind of objective ideal sense) and "phenomenon" (our perception of a thing and its attributes).

I have no idea how that's related to Lindsay's shitty book, though.

Two Gorillion Dollars

kiwifarms.net
Turns out I'm extremely retarded and forgot my password. If anyone sent me any PMs, I never read them.

Every fiber of my being wants to wretch at even the thought of the Nostalgia Chick thinking she's Frank Herbert's contemporary.

Having finally tried to force myself to read her latest fanfic...

If I hated her before, I REALLY HATE her now.

There's no way in hell this purple prose infested padded chunk of printed page - I love books too much to call this one - has ever seen an editor's pen. If it had, that editor needs to hang his head in shame, I would feel ill even working for the same company that proudly put its logo on the spine of this dreck.

Had this crossed my desk, it damned well nearly would be a page one rewrite, be it the large absence of any plot for much of the novel, or the prose that recalls the very worst of post-Twilight YA fanfics.

That's before we get into how she handles portraying PTSD, as only one whose idea of trauma is being chased off Twitter for saying rascist jokes could portray.

Her first book was amatuer hour, which hey, first novel, you can be a little rough.

Her new one though? No way in hell did she get a book deal out of anything other than name recognition, because this never would have made it out of a slush pile otherwise.

I feel revulsion knowing I have authors who pour thier blood sweat and tears onto every page and get turned away, and this utter hack got a three book deal.

Isn't it just the worst? It's especially grotesque when you think about the many, many artists who put in the many, many hours to write something they have their heart set on, and then they get turned away for any of the many, many reasons that an agent or a publisher might reject their work regardless of the actual quality of their work in question. And here comes Ellis, writing a hack series of Transformers fanfiction which is All About Trauma. What kind of trauma, you say? Oh, just non-specific trauma. Not any of the trauma from the time period the novel is set in, of course. The idea of trauma as interpreted by a rich white lady who does videos on Youtube. You can always tell when an author's ability does not meet their grasp because their work is about a vague theme such as "trauma" instead of a developed plot, say. The fact that it's on anyone's best book lists of 2021 is a joke!

I'd be down to talk shop if you ever want to PM me. God knows the publishing world makes one want to vent! I'd never wish ill on anyone who wrote a book, pitched it and got it published since there's so many stupid hoops to jump through and so many dice to roll. But Ellis? God. Any and all of those Youtuber books are just driving nails into the coffins of a dying industry and Ellis' lack of perspective on the platter she was handed is the kind of thing that drives anyone with industry knowledge or experience insane.

Last edited:

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Turns out I'm extremely exceptional and forgot my password. If anyone sent me any PMs, I never read them.

Isn't it just the worst? It's especially grotesque when you think about the many, many artists who put in the many, many hours to write something they have their heart set on, and then they get turned away for any of the many, many reasons that an agent or a publisher might reject their work regardless of the actual quality of their work in question. And here comes Ellis, writing a hack series of Transformers fanfiction which is All About Trauma. What kind of trauma, you say? Oh, just non-specific trauma. Not any of the trauma from the time period the novel is set in, of course. The idea of trauma as interpreted by a rich white lady who does videos on Youtube. You can always tell when an author's ability does not meet their grasp because their work is about a vague theme such as "trauma" instead of a developed plot, say. The fact that it's on anyone's best book lists of 2021 is a joke!

I'd be down to talk shop if you ever want to PM me. God knows the publishing world makes one want to vent! I'd never wish ill on anyone who wrote a book, pitched it and got it published since there's so many stupid hoops to jump through and so many dice to roll. But Ellis? God. Any and all of those Youtuber books are just driving nails into the coffins of a dying industry and Ellis' lack of perspective on the platter she was handed is the kind of thing that drives anyone with industry knowledge or experience insane.
You and @Boston Brand both, huh? Well, Lindsay’s got one book of this “trilogy” left and she also mentioned in her “getting published” video IIRC that there was another novel she was working on before these two books did apparently. I have my doubts that we’re dealing with true believers of publishers of her work, so if the money dries up, we may not hear of Lindsay again as an author since her work isn’t even seen as lengendarily or hilariously bad by the wider book community (if that’s even a thing).

Rome's rightful successor

Holy, Roman, and an Empire
kiwifarms.net
Even in jest, this sentence is gross
View attachment 2722540
And her fans are predictably stupid
View attachment 2722545
For fuck's sake, Harkkonen is pretty obviously Russian/Finnish but you don't hear Finns crying about it. Bitching about "-coded" characters in media is up there with microaggressions in that you don't have any actual issues to bring up. Anyway, maybe this'll move a few more books for her.
pm71norlokf71.png

Same Vibe different story. I can feel the anguish of Lindsey Ellis as she loses to a dead white male author.

Krokodil Overdose

[|][||][||][|_]
kiwifarms.net
The difference between these bitches and Tolkein is that Tolkein, as far as I know, did not feel entitled to success. They just created the art they wanted to created.
Tolkien also had a day job, the fantasy stuff was something he did in his spare time. The Hobbit started out as a bedtime story for his kids.

It's amazing how much of a narcissistic wreck you aren't when you form meaningful relationships and do keanful work, as opposed to spending your days jockeying for status on twitter dot com.

Arthur Morgan

kiwifarms.net
You and @Boston Brand both, huh? Well, Lindsay’s got one book of this “trilogy” left and she also mentioned in her “getting published” video IIRC that there was another novel she was working on before these two books did apparently. I have my doubts that we’re dealing with true believers of publishers of her work, so if the money dries up, we may not hear of Lindsay again as an author since her work isn’t even seen as lengendarily or hilariously bad by the wider book community (if that’s even a thing).
It's unclear whether or not she'll even get the final book considering how shit the sales are.

Krokodil Overdose

[|][||][||][|_]
kiwifarms.net
It's unclear whether or not she'll even get the final book considering how shit the sales are.
The conventional assumption is that there's a contract for a trilogy. Depending on how hard her publisher fell for the "popular YouTube intellectual" razzle dazzle, the poor saps might already have paid her for it.

However, given the first book's quick trip from "bestseller" to bargain bin, and the second book's lack of support and apparent underperformance, book 3 (should it happen) will presumably be the publisher fulfilling their absolute minimal obligations followed by blocking Lindsay's number. Womp womp.

Man, Linds, aren't you soooooo glad you had that abortion so you could do this instead?