TGWTG Nostalgia Chick / Lindsay Ellis / TheDudette - aka Hotdogs in face girl

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Water-T

THE SMRT TON
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The difference between these bitches and Tolkein is that Tolkein, as far as I know, did not feel entitled to success. He just created the art he wanted to created.
Plus Tolkien created a whole world with various races, characters, and even devised a whole language.

Lindsey just expanded on her Transformers fap fic.

MechanicalHugbox

kiwifarms.net
LE_Waterstones2.png
This is something that annoys me about people with Dune all the time, because if you actually read the book beyond like YouTube summaries, for the most part Paul was a negative force for the Fremen (and galaxy as a whole) during the immediate part of his reign.

Edit: Before people bring up he saved them from the Harkonens, the Fremen were actual under no real threat under them because they thought that outsiders were gross and dumb and kept something like 99% of their population hidden from outsiders

Ninon42

kiwifarms.net
I’ve heard even that’s being generous when it comes to kids.
Looking at Lindsay's clique, only Angelina and Elisa the Asexual (she's asexual btw) have kids. Nella has a boyfriend maybe but no kids. Both the ones with kids are on the east coast and not in NYC, while her fellow creators and creatives in LA are entirely childfree. Cocooning in an environment where children are relatively uncommon can help keep the bad thoughts away, the ones that remind her that no amount of paypigs, subs and followers can compensate for being a genetic dead end. In a way, her working with PBS is a bit of cruel fate.

JJLiautaud

The Sandwich Guy
kiwifarms.net
Every fiber of my being wants to wretch at even the thought of the Nostalgia Chick thinking she's Frank Herbert's contemporary.

Having finally tried to force myself to read her latest fanfic...

If I hated her before, I REALLY HATE her now.

There's no way in hell this purple prose infested padded chunk of printed page - I love books too much to call this one - has ever seen an editor's pen. If it had, that editor needs to hang his head in shame, I would feel ill even working for the same company that proudly put its logo on the spine of this dreck.

Had this crossed my desk, it damned well nearly would be a page one rewrite, be it the large absence of any plot for much of the novel, or the prose that recalls the very worst of post-Twilight YA fanfics.

That's before we get into how she handles portraying PTSD, as only one whose idea of trauma is being chased off Twitter for saying rascist jokes could portray.

Her first book was amatuer hour, which hey, first novel, you can be a little rough.

Her new one though? No way in hell did she get a book deal out of anything other than name recognition, because this never would have made it out of a slush pile otherwise.

I feel revulsion knowing I have authors who pour thier blood sweat and tears onto every page and get turned away, and this utter hack got a three book deal.
Sorry for your loss. Re my review ive been getting so completely ass blasted at work that when i get home i look at my notes for the fucking thing and i just dont want to do it however i will note one thing.
Early in her book she notes that her main character cant afford a prozac prescription because of the lack of socialized medice uwu, in what i imagine she thinks is biting social commentary. Main problem is that prozac became a generic medication in the very early 2000s and prozac is a dead simple molecule to make for the modern pharma industry, so it was pennies a pill. Now historical information on drug prices is a pain in the ass to find and often doesnt exist i did however find an article saying that in a veterans hospital in san deigo that it was 3 cents a pill (dosage unknown) so assuming that it was marked up 10x in what ever pharmacy she went to thats still 27 dollars for a 90 day supply, she also bitches that she makes too much to be in MediCal, i couldnt find income cut offs for 2008, but that shouldnt matter shes a Federal contractor so she should be getting medical insurance and a certain salary (that i couldnt find) that is comfortably middle class. The point is the book is riddled with errors like that if she did all the research she says she did shouldnt have happened. From how military people think and act to societal attitudes and culutural touchstones its all just awful.

The Husbando Collector

Certified professor of malewives
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wasnt she married to Paw? What happened there
She's one of them fake asexuals. The ones who are horny 24/7 despite saying they're ace and say stupid shit like "YOU CAN STILL FEEL SEXUAL ATTRACTION/MASTURBATE/ENJOY SEX WHILE STILL BEING ASEXUAL" or in other words: a hypocritical attention whore.

Ninon42

kiwifarms.net
Wasnt she married to Paw? What happened there
Oh she's still married (they recently had their 8 year anniversary! much congratulations). She's just really loud on social media about being bi ace, that asexuals can reproduce and how she views Paw as just a great forever roommate/father/provider who she has sex with maybe four times a year, but she said in Vice that he has a low libido so he's cool with it. Personally, my partner literally bragging online about my low sex drive and how not attracted to me they are would be definite grounds for an uncoupling but they keep chugging along.

Disgruntled Pupper

Thuuder only happens wlen its raisinl
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sorry for your loss. Re my review ive been getting so completely ass blasted at work that when i get home i look at my notes for the fucking thing and i just dont want to do it however i will note one thing.
Early in her book she notes that her main character cant afford a prozac prescription because of the lack of socialized medice uwu, in what i imagine she thinks is biting social commentary. Main problem is that prozac became a generic medication in the very early 2000s and prozac is a dead simple molecule to make for the modern pharma industry, so it was pennies a pill. Now historical information on drug prices is a pain in the ass to find and often doesnt exist i did however find an article saying that in a veterans hospital in san deigo that it was 3 cents a pill (dosage unknown) so assuming that it was marked up 10x in what ever pharmacy she went to thats still 27 dollars for a 90 day supply, she also bitches that she makes too much to be in MediCal, i couldnt find income cut offs for 2008, but that shouldnt matter shes a Federal contractor so she should be getting medical insurance and a certain salary (that i couldnt find) that is comfortably middle class. The point is the book is riddled with errors like that if she did all the research she says she did shouldnt have happened. From how military people think and act to societal attitudes and culutural touchstones its all just awful.
I guess this is another former CA creator trait, being a spoiled leftist who bitches about medical insurance while making more than enough money for it to ever be an issue for them and showing that they have no idea what they're talking about. Spoony use to do the same thing, bitching about the cost of sadbrain pills and medical care and wishing he were in Canada while reeling in upwards of $6,000 a month. It's sickening. Though if this protagonist is having a hard time in 2007, I'd love to see what Lindsay thinks happens to her in 2010 after the ACA passes.

Water-T

THE SMRT TON
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
LOLOLOL. I have friends and family that have been on Prozac for years, and thanks to medical aid programs, they get prescriptions for it either free or at less than $10 for a 30 day supply. Lindsey couldn't stay sober enough to do any research and just picked Prozac because it's one of the most well-know brain meds.

Jones69

kiwifarms.net
I've been lurking for a while and even though another former-TGWTG cow fascinates me more, the two + hours of the utter bullshit in Lindsay's "Mask off" video prompted me to sign up:

I could write a novel that would outsell her books on why this was the most hypocritical garbage I have seen, but instead I put together a minute long shitpost, because I'd rather show than tell.

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
She's one of them fake asexuals. The ones who are horny 24/7 despite saying they're ace and say stupid shit like "YOU CAN STILL FEEL SEXUAL ATTRACTION/MASTURBATE/ENJOY SEX WHILE STILL BEING ASEXUAL" or in other words: a hypocritical attention whore.
Yeah it’s basically a way to get on the LGBTQP+ oppression points gravy train without having to actually walk the walk.
It's unclear whether or not she'll even get the final book considering how shit the sales are.
Nah, they’ll let her publish the third book. It will have zero budget or marketing, it’s just a way to let her pinch out her final book without having her moan on social media about how mean her publisher is (which she may still do anyway). But this is going to be it for her, the last time any major publisher is going to sign her for anything. Very fitting that her magnum opus is shittily done Transformers fan fiction.
I say, I say again! The thing with foregoing parenthood is that now you have to be quite successful to even begin to make up for what you missed out on.
Yeah it’s always funny when wine aunts in the making talk about how kids or even marriage would hold them back in life but don’t do shit with their lives anyway.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Nah, they’ll let her publish the third book. It will have zero budget or marketing, it’s just a way to let her pinch out her final book without having her moan on social media about how mean her publisher is (which she may still do anyway). But this is going to be it for her, the last time any major publisher is going to sign her for anything. Very fitting that her magnum opus is shittily done Transformers fan fiction.
Because I guess coming up with original stories is hard and just renaming characters and doing no other editing is easy.