TGWTG Nostalgia Chick / Lindsay Ellis / TheDudette - aka Hotdogs in face girl

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Eggwhore

Tard State Alum 2021
kiwifarms.net
Todd started in CA in 2010 then left during #ChangeTheChannel in 2018. I wouldn't say that he was barely a part of it considering he was part of both Suburban Knights and To Boldly Flee. If it was Dan Olson or someone who was part of Blistered Thumbs like Jontron, then it would be more accurate.
oh really? huh i thought he left a lot earlier for some reason

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
I sympathize with Todd he should be allowed to review music without a problem. He’s the only CA guy I will defend from being a cow because his videos are good.
People on this thread have said that too, if only because of One Hit Wonderland and Trainwreckords.
I can't blame you for that. You would think Todd would of left CA with Lindsay and Kyle when Dan Olson got fired for the 8Chan CP controversy but nope he stuck around for another 3 years.
You know, I’m surprised at how well he’s managed to stay away from thread watch l, especially considering being a part of Chez Apocalypse.
That was before she realized she could make a quick buck out of stupid teenage girls herself. Remember her apology to Stephanie Meyer?

Oh no, she made a thread on it last year, trying to be all "self-aware" claiming they were satirizing problematic tropes.

View attachment 2747201
Fun fact about Lindsay is she's extremely ashamed of her horniness for Phantom of the Opera because it's "problematic", even though she can sperg about it for hours. She's obsessed with Beauty and the Beast type of romance where a man changes for a woman, yet thinks Little Mermaid is sexist. And the problem is her "critical brain" is so huge she can't enjoy things ironically anymore, so everything has to overanalyzed and re-written for her feminist standards.
Also this:
View attachment 2747202
Why is it that people have to make grand reasons why they don’t like old things anymore? Can’t they just stick with something like “I was pretty young and stupid” or “i rewatched it and it’s really so bad I can’t even bring myself to like it as a guilty pleasure” ?

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
Why is it that people have to make grand reasons why they don’t like old things anymore? Can’t they just stick with something like “I was pretty young and stupid” or “i rewatched it and it’s really so bad I can’t even bring myself to like it as a guilty pleasure” ?
These people like to define themselves by the pop culture they consume. So for example, no longer watching a TV show because it’s no longer funny is the equivalent of quitting a job to them. Finding out that something didn’t hold up over time is taken personally because it’s part of their identity. Most pop culture barely holds up after a few weeks, let alone 20 years but when you’re dumb and shallow enough to consider Transformers (or whatever) a meaningful part of your identity, you have these inane rants that the rest of us can laugh at.

Half-Blood Princess

YOUS AMS DILDOS SKWISGAAR
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
These people like to define themselves by the pop culture they consume. So for example, no longer watching a TV show because it’s no longer funny is the equivalent of quitting a job to them. Finding out that something didn’t hold up over time is taken personally because it’s part of their identity. Most pop culture barely holds up after a few weeks, let alone 20 years but when you’re dumb and shallow enough to consider Transformers (or whatever) a meaningful part of your identity, you have these inane rants that the rest of us can laugh at.
So does she not like Phantom anymore? If so that’s a bummer it was the most relatable thing about her to me.

Arthur Morgan

kiwifarms.net
Todd started in CA in 2010 then left during #ChangeTheChannel in 2018. I wouldn't say that he was barely a part of it considering he was part of both Suburban Knights and To Boldly Flee. If it was Dan Olson or someone who was part of Blistered Thumbs like Jontron, then it would be more accurate.
Also he was one of the people Blip promoted on their site ahead of Linkara or Angry Joe.
So does she not like Phantom anymore? If so that’s a bummer it was the most relatable thing about her to me.
I think she still does, she just tries to not promote it as much.

PeriodicTrouble

kiwifarms.net
Also he was one of the people Blip promoted on their site ahead of Linkara or Angry Joe.

I think she still does, she just tries to not promote it as much.
Yeah he was a part of the League of Super Critics with Doug, Lindsay, and Brad until Disney decided to shut down Blip and focus on Maker as an Multi-Channel Network instead IIRC.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Yeah he was a part of the League of Super Critics with Doug, Lindsay, and Brad until Disney decided to shut down Blip and focus on Maker as an Multi-Channel Network instead IIRC.
Todd found a niche, is thriving in it, and is flying through social media and his circle of friends better than anyone could have imagined. The GamerGate debacle must have been a real learning experience for him.

Ninon42

kiwifarms.net
Todd found a niche, is thriving in it, and is flying through social media and his circle of friends better than anyone could have imagined. The GamerGate debacle must have been a real learning experience for him.
For the most part, now he knows how to shut the fuck up on social media, limiting his Twitter to pictures of Amydog and lightweight pop culture musings rather than endless politisperging. In his podcast or writings he avoids saying too much about his personal life. As someone who has seen almost all of his work, he's one of the only former TGWTG producers who actually changed and grew, improved even. It'd be almost respectable if he weren't so fucking woke.

Truth be told, I thought his output was better when he was living in NYC and away from Lindsay's direct influence because he's an arrogant asshole when around her and apes her patronizing style. In the newer videos there are some lines that sound straight from her writers (and the humor hasn't really been hitting but meh). And it might be my own personal bias but content creators never improve after to moving to LA, they just join the hivemind and start sounding like everyone else but with more collabs.

But to the topic of the woman holding Todd's leash, she needs to do something to break the plateau. Down to 69th on Patreon and if even my fellow Kiwis can't be bothered to care about the latest book enough to rip on it, her brand is going to die from sheer indifference.
LE_24Nov2021.png

Last edited:

JJLiautaud

The Sandwich Guy
kiwifarms.net
For the most part, now he knows how to shut the fuck up on social media, limiting his Twitter to pictures of Amydog and lightweight pop culture musings rather than endless politisperging. In his podcast or writings he avoids saying too much about his personal life. As someone who has seen almost all of his work, he's one of the only former TGWTG producers who actually changed and grew, improved even. It'd be almost respectable if he weren't so fucking woke.

Truth be told, I thought his output was better when he was living in NYC and away from Lindsay's direct influence because he's an arrogant asshole when around her and apes her patronizing style. In the newer videos there are some lines that sound straight from her writers (and the humor hasn't really been hitting but meh). And it might be my own personal bias but content creators never improve after to moving to LA, they just join the hivemind and start sounding like everyone else but with more collabs.

But to the topic of the woman holding Todd's leash, she needs to do something to break the plateau. Down to 69th on Patreon and if even my fellow Kiwis can't be bothered to cared about the latest book enough to rip on it, her brand is going to die from sheer indifference.
View attachment 2748910
Its not that we dont care its just the sort of bad thats not funny; its the composition of several bad creative decisions that if alone in a work woud be a half point - full point knock off at worst, but theres just so many of them that it absolutely murders the quality of the book, at least in my opinion

Last edited:

Ninon42

kiwifarms.net
But here’s the question: what CAN she do?
She has a ton of options tbh. Exploit her many connections by doing joint videos with people like Jenny Nicholson, Sarah Z or even Drew Gooden since she mentioned being a fan of his. Instead of writing terrible books, take a page from Todd and offer a monthly article for paypigs only on whatever topic catches her interest but doesn't warrant a full video. Do more livestreaming on Twitch to again exploit those connections and humanize herself to connect to her audience on a more casual level. A big part of Nicholson's success has been fan service via Patreon, offering exclusive videos and higher interaction to really pull the simps; Lindsay has only ever offered "name in video" and stopped doing even that, so that's a place to build easily. She could do what people actually like and start a new series on some movie-making topic idk rather than pushing THE MESSAGE (sorry I've been watching a lot of the Critical Drinker).

And if she's just completely over content creation, move behind the scenes. Establish herself doing editing and post-production for other producers or work with companies she's already connected to like Nebula, Standard or Patreon and help develop new talent. The only things that seem to be keeping her in the game are her ego and sense of duty to the friends she employs, but being a leader means making the tough decisions. If she's not willing to look at other options, her brand will be a relic. The Twitter bullshit might be good for her in the long run if she uses it to step away, sober up and recharge her creative batteries.

Last edited:

Nod Flenders

kiwifarms.net
Start an Only Fans and go full PLASTT before her years of drinking finally make her evolution into Fat Wine Aunt & Crazy Cat Lady complete.
That would be absolutely hilarious and horrifying, but I doubt it will happen. Lindsay more than likely thinks that Only Fans is beneath her.

Jumbo Gay Threat

Bitch please, no one’s that gay
kiwifarms.net
Start an Only Fans and go full PLASTT before her years of drinking finally make her evolution into Fat Wine Aunt & Crazy Cat Lady complete.
Does Lindsay even like cats? Can’t be a crazy cat lady if she doesn’t have them.

Arthur Morgan

kiwifarms.net
Oh shit, I forgot about that YA novel she self published.

Ironically, it may be better than both of her "real" books.

Another irony? I will have to check, but I wonder of her YA parody disqualifies her for the Campbell Award? If her first novel was published in 2014, not 2020, she's not eligible.
Well she didn't write the YA novel, there was something like 12 writers on it, including her, Nella and Elisa, I think she just edited it and took the credit and money.

BScCollateral

kiwifarms.net
Oh it's just a reference to Childhoods End by Arthur C Clarke... or at least that's what I assume.

Just to sperge momentarily:

An "axiom" is a fundamental, underlying assumption which serves as the cornerstone of an interconnected stream of logic. Axioms are unprovable; if they are provable, then they are theorems and not axioms.

Thus, a story titled Axiom's End concerns a discovery so fundamentally revolutionary as to overthrow an entire worldview.

Or, if written by a dolt, it's a random connection of meaningless but cool-sounding words.