TGWTG Nostalgia Chick / Lindsay Ellis / TheDudette - aka Hotdogs in face girl

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Cobalt-60

kiwifarms.net
Transformers Prime's Starscream is also voiced by Stephen Blum so maybe that helps him seem more appealing to a female demographic.

I finally took a look at Axiom's End. I've run into a few spelling errors already.

One scene stuck out as being really weird:

So the main character Cora is driving a van with the body of a seemingly dead alien in the back. She pulls off to the side of a road. It's dark. She goes into the back of the van to dump the alien. It stirs, so she bursts out of the back door of the van, screaming bloody murder, starting to run only to find a state trooper vehicle has pulled up behind the van with two troopers already getting out. They say the van's been reported stolen (which it is, she took it from a parking garage).

So a young woman. Flying out of the back of a stolen van. Terrified and screaming.

And these cops are just....annoyed? One is a bit concerned, the other just suspicious of her as fuck.

Fucking hell, wouldn't they assume someone else is with her? Cora looks like a teenage white chick. She's escaping from the back of a van, wouldn't they assume she's a kidnapping victim?

Instead they start to arrest her. Don't even give a fuck if there is anyone in the driver/passenger seats. Even if you fully believe ACAB these guys aren't even looking for any black people to shoot.

The alien wakes up, knocks the cops out, and Cora drives away with it in the van. She wonders if the cops reported the plate number for the stolen van. Which confuses me because why wouldn't the van's plates be in the stolen report? Why wouldn't the cops have checked the van's plates when they pulled up if they thought this was the stolen van? And it's 2007 so I would assume a trooper vehicle has a camera filming everything in front of it anyway so unless the alien oozes anti-recording abilities yes they got your plates and got your face and got the alien on camera too.

I'll see if any of that turns up later but I can't read any more this morning.

BScCollateral

kiwifarms.net
According to TVtropes - since not even my town's library has these books - the three known intelligent species in the universe are descendants of the same ancestor. So there's some belief (religious?) that it must be impossible for any other intelligent life to evolve, survive, and develop an advanced civilization.
Sperge that I am, I will point out this is disprovable and thus a "theory" instead of an "axiom."

indigoisviolet

kiwifarms.net
So a young woman. Flying out of the back of a stolen van. Terrified and screaming.

And these cops are just....annoyed? One is a bit concerned, the other just suspicious of her as fuck.

Fucking hell, wouldn't they assume someone else is with her? Cora looks like a teenage white chick. She's escaping from the back of a van, wouldn't they assume she's a kidnapping victim?

Instead they start to arrest her. Don't even give a fuck if there is anyone in the driver/passenger seats. Even if you fully believe ACAB these guys aren't even looking for any black people to shoot.

Think about it.

FUCKTHAPOLICE.png

Force and Character

kiwifarms.net
The theme of "we just need to understand the aliens who want to exterminate us out of religious dogmatism" is eerily reminiscent of Moviebob's Halo review, where he said that the similarly genocidally fanatical antagonists are unjustly vilified good guys because diversity. In her darkest hour, Lindsay will regret spurning the one man who could comprehend the depths of her genius and was willing to stand waddle at her side no matter what.

colleagues.png

NotFatChild

kiwifarms.net
The theme of "we just need to understand the aliens who want to exterminate us out of religious dogmatism" is eerily reminiscent of Moviebob's Halo review, where he said that the similarly genocidally fanatical antagonists are unjustly vilified good guys because diversity. In her darkest hour, Lindsay will regret spurning the one man who could comprehend the depths of her genius and was willing to stand waddle at her side no matter what.

is it just me or does this photo make them both look like they have 1 lazy eye. do they both have one lazy eye?

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
It really goes to show the flaw of leftist dogmatism that they're willing to hug someone trying to eradicate them, just because of "muh diversity". I mean, if that's all it takes to be the good guys, then even the Nazis would fit in, since there are Muslims, Frenchmen, and even Eastern Europeans who signed up for the Nazi SS. The last Nazi soldiers to fight in Berlin against the USSR were Waffen SS Frenchmen from the Charlemagne Division. The Nazis even had supporters as far away as India, where some nationalists who despised the British and their aristocratic puppets also agreed with Hitler's racial purification ideas.

Bob really doesn't understand the consequences of his ideas, and neither does Lindsay, especially when her "leftism uber alles" stance got her fried by her own side for criticizing Raya and the Last Dragon.

And of course, Bob, being the pea-brain that he was, didn't realize how unstable the Covenant was; literally, the Prophets were the only thing keeping the top two races, the Brutes and the Elites, from tearing the Covenant apart. And eventually, half of the Covvies DID side with the humans at the end, because their boss "fired" them in the most violent way possible after one of the top three guys in the Covenant got whacked. How the hell could they be the good guys when they could barely get along with each other?

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
It really goes to show the flaw of leftist dogmatism that they're willing to hug someone trying to eradicate them, just because of "muh diversity". I mean, if that's all it takes to be the good guys, then even the Nazis would fit in, since there are Muslims, Frenchmen, and even Eastern Europeans who signed up for the Nazi SS. The last Nazi soldiers to fight in Berlin against the USSR were Waffen SS Frenchmen from the Charlemagne Division. The Nazis even had supporters as far away as India, where some nationalists who despised the British and their aristocratic puppets also agreed with Hitler's racial purification ideas.

Bob really doesn't understand the consequences of his ideas, and neither does Lindsay, especially when her "leftism uber alles" stance got her fried by her own side for criticizing Raya and the Last Dragon.
Hell, I’d say that Lindsay’s SJW circle could be worse because they’ll turn on you and unperson you and shit on you the minute you leave their line of thinking. At least the Nazis would give you a cyanide pill and cook up some death story to let you be buried with military honors if you prove your worth.

NotFatChild

kiwifarms.net

And of course, Bob, being the pea-brain that he was, didn't realize how unstable the Covenant was; literally, the Prophets were the only thing keeping the top two races, the Brutes and the Elites, from tearing the Covenant apart. And eventually, half of the Covvies DID side with the humans at the end, because their boss "fired" them in the most violent way possible after one of the top three guys in the Covenant got whacked. How the hell could they be the good guys when they could barely get along with each other?
I seem to remember in one of the few well written halo books (reach, maybe?) an old forerunner AI on one of the prophet's super ships is given scans of humans and immediately decides to power up the engines and head to the planet asap because even the chance of there being a species out there remotely related to the forerunners must be better than being around the retarded covenant species for a single second longer. Apparently it had just been hanging out all this time because it assumed all the elder races were dead. They have to disconnect it to get it to stop because the ship taking off would have killed all of them and the AI did not care.

Starscreams Cape

Year of the C.H.U.D
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hell, I’d say that Lindsay’s SJW circle could be worse because they’ll turn on you and unperson you and shit on you the minute you leave their line of thinking. At least the Nazis would give you a cyanide pill and cook up some death story to let you be buried with military honors if you prove your worth.
Hitler usually just fired generals & FM's (often re-hiring them). Or he just let them retire if he thought they weren't doing a good job. Unless they were actively plotting to kill him, of course.

Stalin murdered 17 generals just for being ideological problems. To his credit as the war progressed he did defer to them more and more as Hitler did the opposite.

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
I seem to remember in one of the few well written halo books (reach, maybe?) an old forerunner AI on one of the prophet's super ships is given scans of humans and immediately decides to power up the engines and head to the planet asap because even the chance of there being a species out there remotely related to the forerunners must be better than being around the retarded covenant species for a single second longer. Apparently it had just been hanging out all this time because it assumed all the elder races were dead. They have to disconnect it to get it to stop because the ship taking off would have killed all of them and the AI did not care.
It's Halo: Contact Harvest-the one with the first contact scenario between humanity and the Covenant. The Covvies would have been open to humanity joining them-until the Forerunner AI revealed to the new Prophet leaders that the humans were related to the Forerunners. Not wanting to be replaced by what their religion would have considered to be living gods, the new leaders of the Prophets decided to wipe out humanity to prevent the secret from coming out.

That's because the SJWs don't believe in any idea of redemption. Once you become verboten, you are forever wrong, and no amount of begging will redeem you. In essence, political predestination. You're either one of the saved, or one of the damned, and you can't weasel out of being damned if you are already considered damned. In the same way, SJWs, consider themselves the saved for their political opinions, and no amount of pettiness or horrible behavior on their part will change that, unless someone runs afoul of the PC police. Hence why they feel safe screwing people over, since to them, they're "on the right side of history".

I seem to remember some SJWs were a tad bit upset when the Crystal Gems from Steven Universe were portrayed to be flawed and redeemable, because they just portrayed the show's equivalent of Space Nazis as a redeemable faction, forgetting the fact that the archetypical Space Nazi himself, Darth Vader, WAS redeemed at the end of his life and his character arc, saving his son Luke Skywalker and killing the Emperor. But hey, if feminist SJWs wrote Star Wars, it probably would end with Jedi Princess Leia murdering the fuck out of both Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine, not only because they're Space Nazis, but they're also the patriarchy.

As I said before, Lindsay really fucked herself by publicly aligning with the left. She could have just kept her opinions to herself and just played the comedian as the Nostalgia Critic's female counterpart, but she wasn't content with that. Now, her reputation is in tatters, because there's no way she can salvage her image when the people she appeals to see her as one of the damned.

Last edited:

Cobalt-60

kiwifarms.net
Darth Vader was redeemed somewhat but he also had the 'convenience' of dying and not having to deal with what they were going to do with him after. So he never had to answer for all the terrible things he did, he just saved his son and dunked on his boss and peaced out.

In Steven Universe the space Nazis are not just chilling but I think they're still ruling their empire. Just doing it...nicer?

I think a better comparison would probably be Zuko from Avatar the Last Airbender. He had a complete redemption arc and nearly everyone considers him to be one of the best examples of character redemption. But I have seen an occasional SJW bitch that he became Fire Lord and didn't choose to dismantle the Fire Kingdom entirely because something something an evil fire lord was responsible for all the pain and suffering therefore no Fire Lords can be good again?

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
Darth Vader was redeemed somewhat but he also had the 'convenience' of dying and not having to deal with what they were going to do with him after. So he never had to answer for all the terrible things he did, he just saved his son and dunked on his boss and peaced out.
That does remind me of an alternate-reality comic where Vader DOES survive that, along with Palpatine, and a white-armored Darth Vader joins the Rebel forces.

In Steven Universe the space Nazis are not just chilling but I think they're still ruling their empire. Just doing it...nicer?
Basically, yes. And I suppose that's why SJWs are mad because the empire wasn't dismembered.

I think a better comparison would probably be Zuko from Avatar the Last Airbender. He had a complete redemption arc and nearly everyone considers him to be one of the best examples of character redemption. But I have seen an occasional SJW bitch that he became Fire Lord and didn't choose to dismantle the Fire Kingdom entirely because something something an evil fire lord was responsible for all the pain and suffering therefore no Fire Lords can be good again?
As I said, yes, the SJWs don't believe in redemption, hence why they saw Zuko redeeming the Fire Nation as bullshit. Which is funny, considering that Lindsay desperately seeks redemption in the eyes of the leftist crowd, yet that same crowd she tries to appeal to, and by extension, people like her, don't believe in it. Even if she is "forgiven" and allowed back into the fold, she will still treat others who have been labeled as "problematic" as forever damned and an example of human scum.

indigoisviolet

kiwifarms.net
SocJus doesn't want to change anything, they want to talk about changing everything. That's where their grift lies: talk, talk, talking. They hate actions, especially actions that result in positive changes about whatever the Hell it was they were talk, talk, talking about last week. If something changes for the better, or some negative force is eliminated entirely, they can't talk, talk, talk about it any more, or indeed extract money from their mentally ill audience on the subject from that point onwards.

In 2010 civil rights law in the UK was consolidated into one act that guaranteed absolutely everyone was equal under the eyes of the law, and everyone had equal access to employment, marriage etc etc. Then in 2012 they made civil partnerships open to normal heterosexual couples, and everyone was finally equal in all things. It was like the World had ended, the screams from SocJus filled the air in frustrated fury. It's how we ended up with the tranny bullshit and politicians unable to define the word "woman" or "female". The grifters had all of their traditional avenues of talk, talk, talking closed down so they had to invent increasingly insane ones to keep filling their coin cup. Walking In The Countryside Is Racist is my favourite one.

In Star Wars, social justice warriors would seethe at Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader for ending the nazi space empire. They would take every opportunity to undermine their achievements and erase their legacy. It's called The Disney Sequels.

wes

kiwifarms.net
Girls and women have always fawned over ugly and/or conniving characters, Starscream included. I feel like during her Nostalgia Chick tenure Lindsay herself had a segment where all her friends show off what weird character they thirst for, including non-humans. (I remember MarzGurl specifically showing off her Marvin the Martian collection, though I think that was in a more "benign" context and it's been a while.) I'm struggling to think of good examples off the top of my head because I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of children to YA media but it's not exactly weird that there were people crushing on Starscream in 2010. Snape is the closest example I can think of; you weren't supposed to look at Snape and think "Oh, that's so sexy," but Snapesnogger proved that wrong.

In any case, Lindsay has been thirsting over Starscream since she was at least a tween, by her own admission. (I'm pretty sure, at least.)

I've seen it brought up before, but reading what other farmers have to say about Axiom's End being like Twilight made me want to bring up Lindsay's earlier foray into publishing, Awoken. It was essentially a crowd-sourced parody of Twilight/50 Shades/Mortal Instruments/etc. but the love interest was literally Cthulhu. Her and Nella chronicled its creation in this playlist. Even though Awoken was technically written by multiple people (who had to try out to even get the chance to write for the book), it's very ironic that Lindsay's super serious big thunk debut book ended up on par with the parody novel she headed to prove how easy it is to make a sexy YA novel. I watched these a very long time ago but I bet there's some funny hypocritical stuff in there for those bored enough to slog through them.

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dan Olson also posted there and inadvertently let loose the fact that he seemed to know about the various controversies going down in TGWTG but didn't do anything about it in part because he was so rabid about Gamergate he didn't want them to have any ammunition.
Shielding for a pedophile rapist to own the chuds.
In any case, Lindsay has been thirsting over Starscream since she was at least a tween, by her own admission. (I'm pretty sure, at least.)
Isn't Starscream the notoriously pathetic lolcow character of the franchise?

Last edited:

Malevolent Grimace

Still only joking
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The thing that gets me about Ampersand is that he is quite clearly not supposed to represent his species. Cora and he don't start out mistrustful or judging each other on pre-built biases, and then build towards an understanding, which you think would be the point of a book like this (that despite coming from literal different worlds they could empathize with each other). Instead, her starscream is a space refugee from a genocide committed by his nazi brethren, who he still sort of defends and doesn't disagree with, even though they killed off his weird subrace (honestly all of this shit was super hard to follow). But Cora doesn't sympathize with him because he's a refugee, it's brought up here and there but she doesn't really comment on it, and it doesn't seem to motivate any of his feelings towards humanity at all. He judges humans as inferior, and is never really shown as wrong in that judgement, the only difference between him and the other aliens being that he sees "potential" in humans. It's not even clear whether or not the aliens even genocided other sentient beings, because the thing that seems to surprise Ampersand is specifically space travel. The aliens knew about humans in roughly the 1400s and didn't think of them as potential people then, so it opens up the possibility that the preventative genocide campaigns his species did were undertaken against sentient but pre-industrial civilizations Even as Cora is all wary and scared of her transformer husbando, you, the reader, are definitely supposed to be sympathizing with him as "one of the good" aliens, and it's made super clear over and over that he would never kill anyone, even if he periodically mind controls them and uses them as puppets for his own goals. The point isn't "despite the enormous differences we have, we can recognize each other as worthy of respect", it's "aww, this alien's MAGA brothers are evil, we've got to help him". You almost have to go out of your way to miss the point of a first contact story this hard. But it really reflects her politics, and in particular, how much she needed her good guy alien to be blameless of the sins of his species. Otherwise, the reader wouldn't be allowed to like him

This is the thing that is so frustrating about the breadtube set. Theoretically, the whole ideology they subscribe to is supposed to be based on compassion, specifically compassion for group that are for whatever reason marginalized in the society they exist in. But Lindsay's own attitude (and her old blog posts) show that she really was never interested in that. Despite all the talk of education and representation, none of these people are actually interested in reaching out and trying to bridge gaps based on common humanity. Instead, she's part of a caste of white influencers who make their entire personality about being saintly Mother Teresa figures to the suffering oppressed. These people are everywhere in the NGO space too. It isn't about any actual caring for the people they're supposedly advocating for, it's all about browbeating other white people for not being woke enough. There's usually an element of "fuck you mom/fuck you dad" as the core, along with social awkwardness as a teenager that these people are still resentful about.

Common Shadow

kiwifarms.net
Based on the travesty that is Todd's latest best songs list, Lindsay should comment on how amazing it is that he picks an obviously horrible song for his top choice because of the "strong racial, gender specific and political message" it sends out. His choices are the mark of a sad, lonely, overly woke hack that is desperately pining for someone he can't have to seek her approval. A passive tribute to his fallen bitchy love.

Oh, and here is a link to his #1.

(WARNING: IT IS AWFUL)