TGWTG Nostalgia Chick / Lindsay Ellis / TheDudette - aka Hotdogs in face girl

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Dan Olson also posted there and inadvertently let loose the fact that he seemed to know about the various controversies going down in TGWTG but didn't do anything about it in part because he was so rabid about Gamergate he didn't want them to have any ammunition.
He mentioned Jew Wario...and basically helped Channel Awesome come back from the brink of death.
Isn't Starscream the notoriously pathetic lolcow character of the franchise?
Not sure. I just remember "Starscream wants Megatron's place in the pecking order and is always looking to stab him in the back".

Based on the travesty that is Todd's latest best songs list, Lindsay should comment on how amazing it is that he picks an obviously horrible song for his top choice because of the "strong racial, gender specific and political message" it sends out. His choices are the mark of a sad, lonely, overly woke hack that is desperately pining for someone he can't have to seek her approval. A passive tribute to his fallen bitchy love.

Oh, and here is a link to his #1.

(WARNING: IT IS AWFUL)

I mean, look at this list:
  • 10. "Brutal" - Olivia Rodrigo
  • 9. "Easy on Me" - Adele
  • 8. "My Ex's Best Friend" - Machine Gun Kelly ft. blackbear
  • 7. "Good Days" - SZA
  • 6. "Family Ties" - baby keem & Kendrick Lamar
  • 5. "Thot Shit" - Megan Thee Stallion
  • 4. "Todo de Ti" - Rauw Alejandro
  • 3. "Telepatía" - Kali Uchis
  • 2. "Your Power" - Billie Eilish
  • 1. "Meet Me at Our Spot" - THE ANXIETY, Willow, Tyler Cole
Honorable Mentions

• "Leave Before You Love Me" - Marshmello x Jonas Brothers
  • "Leave the Door Open" - Silk Sonic
  • "Every Chance I Get" - DJ Khaled ft. Lil Baby & Lil Durk
  • "Back in Blood" - Pooh Shiesty ft. Lil Durk
  • "Hell of a View" - Eric Church
  • "Starting Over" - Chris Stapleton
  • "Industry Baby" Lil Nas X ft. Jack Harlow

Met.

kiwifarms.net
IMO one angle of why the book bombing was so catastrophic to Lindsay was that it was all her. Unlike her other projects, she had no co-writer/producer/whatever. PBS with Princess Weekes. Podcast with Kaveh. Angelina and Elisa have been writing with her (or for her) video essays for years. Especially Angelina, who has written for both the essays and the PBS show, and is taking over as co-host on the podcast. If you listen to her, she sounds almost exactly like Lindsay, or at least like Lindsay's public persona as far as tone and humor. Even her old fanfic-y book was a collaboration with Nella, Angelina et al.

For book one, she had the weight of a publicity blitz from the publisher behind her which earned her one week on a notoriously nepotistic bestseller list and less than 50k books sold. Book two was sink or swim entirely on her own merits and it sank by every metric: sales, critics, word of mouth. It wasn't on her BRAND, or her team, but Lindsay herself, and that must've stung. It also reflects that she's surrounded by yes-thems who read her drafts and kissed her ass because at this point, she really can't handle criticism and they handle her questionable mental health with kid gloves. Her hugbox let her down and somehow that was a surprise. Compounded by the great Twittering and then not being able to throw her weight around with Nebula/Standard, the personal aspect of the failure hit her hard.
Reminds me of what Ralph the Movie Maker said about Seth McFarlane, how he can be talented in several subsections and thrive in specific avenues, but simply is not the type of person who should or should need to have complete control over his work, although Lindsay is far less talented at an even more niche avenue of Disney movie cultural politics criticism or whatever, if that even counts as a talent.

linchan

kiwifarms.net
  • 7. "Good Days" - SZA
Well I guess this means I'm officially not a kid anymore because I recognize none of this zoomer shit.

Edit: I'm sure the last time I gave a shit about pop music is Doja Cat's Say So, and admittedly I only heard that first due to the Japanese version. Actually now that I look into it has Todd ever add that song to the top ten songs list of the year? It's the only recognizable song I would consider catchy that year.

Last edited:

Ninon42

kiwifarms.net
Based on the travesty that is Todd's latest best songs list, Lindsay should comment on how amazing it is that he picks an obviously horrible song for his top choice because of the "strong racial, gender specific and political message" it sends out. His choices are the mark of a sad, lonely, overly woke hack that is desperately pining for someone he can't have to seek her approval. A passive tribute to his fallen bitchy love.

Oh, and here is a link to his #1.

(WARNING: IT IS AWFUL)

I honestly don't mind it. At least it's not mumbling and it sounds like she's going for Cher with her vocal affectation, which is not a move I expected lol. As to it's relevance for the perpetually pining Todd, well, besides the title line the lyrics are trash but emotional responses have been elicited by worse.
He mentioned Jew Wario...and basically helped Channel Awesome come back from the brink of death.

Not sure. I just remember "Starscream wants Megatron's place in the pecking order and is always looking to stab him in the back".

I mean, look at this list:
  • 7. "Good Days" - SZA
Honorable Mentions

• "Leave Before You Love Me" - Marshmello x Jonas Brothers
  • "Leave the Door Open" - Silk Sonic
  • "Every Chance I Get" - DJ Khaled ft. Lil Baby & Lil Durk
  • "Back in Blood" - Pooh Shiesty ft. Lil Durk
  • "Hell of a View" - Eric Church
  • "Starting Over" - Chris Stapleton
  • "Industry Baby" Lil Nas X ft. Jack Harlow
Todd's pro-guitar stance is one I can get behind but this list is just kinda boring. Nothing really stood out and I am so very tired of Megan Thee Stallion. All the songs felt generic in their own lanes; while Silk Sonic are often technically perfect they are almost too much so, the music needs some grit or rough edges to really stick in your mind. I too prefer bops to vibes but the list overall reflected his desire to just get it done more than anything.

Todd is also annoyed that the 2021 worst list has already been pulled for copyright. The fact he hasn't moved all his releases exclusively to Nebula/Patreon shows that YouTube is still the main medium to grow an audience while those two are only good to keep one.
TitS_worstlist2021.png

Common Shadow

kiwifarms.net
I honestly don't mind it. At least it's not mumbling and it sounds like she's going for Cher with her vocal affectation, which is not a move I expected lol. As to it's relevance for the perpetually pining Todd, well, besides the title line the lyrics are trash but emotional responses have been elicited by worse.
It is Tik Tok viral horseshit that tweens use to feel deep and I really don't understand why it is seen as anything but neutral past that shitty ass service. She can't sing AT ALL and her brother is even worse than her.

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
Am I the only one that didn't want to fuck the cartoon characters I watched?
Half of America wanted to get into Jessica Rabbit's panties when she first debuted. And even back in the oh-so-sterile 80s and 90s, both western and Japanese animation had no shortage of sex symbol-style characters. Why do you think female characters in animation got tied up or were put in bikinis or skintight outfits most of the time?

Of course, feminists like Lindsay would be the first to get pissy at female characters in cartoons being sexualized, while harboring their own husbando fantasies towards male characters like Starscream.

indigoisviolet

kiwifarms.net
The unironic Trigger Warning at the start of Truth Of The Divine... said:
One of the main themes of Truth of the Divine is trauma, and it contains depictions of post-traumatic stress, depression, addiction, alcoholism, domestic violence, and a wide smattering of manifestations of mental illness such as panic attacks. The book includes depictions of suicidal ideation, suicidal planning, attempted suicide, completed suicide, and violent self-harm. The book also contains depictions of racism, xenophobia, Islamophobia, racially motivated violence, anti-Semitism, and a few incidences of racial slurs. While the book doesn’t contain anything that I would consider sexual violence, it does contain some uncomfortable sexual situations (and no, I don’t mean with aliens, sorry—not yet, anyway).

Right, apparently Cora doesn't fuck Starscream in Truth Of The Divine. Does Ellis really not know how YA works? Or maybe she means Starscream consents? Please let it mean that, this fucking book is longer than Axiom's End.

With no fun to look forward to, I salute you in the traditonal manner of the damned: And so to Hell, I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

Erwin Rotten

kiwifarms.net
Fox X-man cartoon Rogue was totally wifu material, especially for dudes that hoverhand like in those pics of Lindsay at a con when she met her fans.

Half of America wanted to get into Jessica Rabbit's panties when she first debuted. And even back in the oh-so-sterile 80s and 90s, both western and Japanese animation had no shortage of sex symbol-style characters. Why do you think female characters in animation got tied up or were put in bikinis or skintight outfits most of the time?

Of course, feminists like Lindsay would be the first to get pissy at female characters in cartoons being sexualized, while harboring their own husbando fantasies towards male characters like Starscream.

It's fine to sexualize men in art because we live under a patriarchy, according to Lindsay. This is why people like her think it's fine to be anti-white but don't you dare touch muh pot brownies.

For me I always saw things like bunny boobies in the same way Japan did tentacle hentai. Gets past the censors and gives the adults something to look at. I never really thought of fucking a cartoon animal until Nala in Lion King did the face that says "chuck it in me gash", but it was mostly because that face has supernatural power when you're a teenager possessed by the horny demon.

Reminds me of what Ralph the Movie Maker said about Seth McFarlane, how he can be talented in several subsections and thrive in specific avenues, but simply is not the type of person who should or should need to have complete control over his work, although Lindsay is far less talented at an even more niche avenue of Disney movie cultural politics criticism or whatever, if that even counts as a talent.

I'd say Lindsay is good with obfuscation, saying a lot while saying nothing, and talking. All of these come with being a woman, so she can thank her chromosomes, not her talent.

Also, speaking of Todd, if he wanted to impress Lindsay, he could have done the video Lindsay wanted to do about The Weekend. I'm pretty sure Todd could make a better video about that album she was talking about on Twitter far better than she could.

Also, you know, Todd actually understands music and doesn't pretend to while rambling on about Love Never Dies of all things. All I can imagine is her bitching that The Weekend isn't black enough or some kind of racist woke nonsense like that.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Also, speaking of Todd, if he wanted to impress Lindsay, he could have done the video Lindsay wanted to do about The Weekend. I'm pretty sure Todd could make a better video about that album she was talking about on Twitter far better than she could.

Also, you know, Todd actually understands music and doesn't pretend to while rambling on about Love Never Dies of all things. All I can imagine is her bitching that The Weekend isn't black enough or some kind of racist woke nonsense like that.
Don’t remember that Weeknd thing. What was that supposed to be about?
Fox X-man cartoon Rogue was totally wifu material, especially for dudes that hoverhand like in those pics of Lindsay at a con when she met her fans.
Isn’t Rogue’s thing that she can absorb the powers of those she touches…and potentially kill them while doing so?

Cobalt-60

kiwifarms.net
I read some more. Sperg alert.

So Cora wakes up, and the alien has stolen a random bag of groceries from somewhere. Inside is some brownie mix, a can of Cheez Whiz, a can of corn, a jar of olives, and a jar of pimentos. Because no human being would possibly choose to eat Cheez Whiz, we're treated to a scene in which the alien has to open up the tin so Cora can drink from it like a soda can and stuff her face full of cold canned corn.

Linday decided to give Ampersand a "speech software voice" because Ampersand wrote some program hundreds of years ago that's capable of analyzing human language. So yeah this Transformer knockoff sounds like Microsoft TTS.

The story grinds to a halt as Ampersand dumps information onto Cora about who he is, why he's here, what he wants, etc. This shit is so boring it's hard to pay attention but Ampersand got his ass suddenly dropped on Earth and isn't part of the group of aliens that have been hanging around for several decades but refusing to communicate. Ampersand has been on Earth for about a month but because he's run into Cora and she's willing to help him, boom she's now his 'mediator'. Cora wants to find her family which got kidnapped by the government supposedly.

Then she says this: "My hope is that I can use my ability to communicate with you … as a bargaining chip"

Ffffffffuck it's not an ABILITY this is not a SKILL you just started TALKING to him. The government isn't going to VALUE you because ANYONE can do what you're doing. Ampersand can get anyone to listen to his stupid Microsoft TTS if he wanted.

She also says this, which is amusing considering state troopers took one look at her and tried to arrest her: "As a young white female of the species, I’m less likely to be looked at with suspicion by others, especially men."

I've reached the point where normally I'd stop reading. I'd return this book from wherever I got it, because it's failed to capture my interest. So far Cora thinks her mother and aunt got taken by the Men In Black because they worked for them. Ampersand had mind controlled her and tried to get her to break into a headquarters of Google (seriously) and into a basement but she broke free and....I think decided to steal a van she found in the parking garage that happened to have a sleeping Ampersand in the back? He wakes up, knocks out the state troopers, he explains shit in his beep boop manner.

Also the Esperanto shit is explained as government code words so I guess it's not even a connection the audience is meant to figure out. I expect Cora to eventually talk about how she was named after Persephone.

So there was a group of aliens being held for like 40 years but the aliens never bothered to communicate and there's some "oh shit if only they knew some English they could have understood humans better" but goddamn the aliens willingly ignored 40 years of attempts to communicate while Ampersand banged out his version of Google Translate after barely having contact with humans. I think the aliens studied humans several hundred years ago, including language, and so Ampersand made a translation program that works for all human languages since they're 'so similar' so yeah the book is presenting that it's both very easy to figure out human languages and impossibly hard.

Stepping back a bit, this book sucks because I don't know why I should give a fuck about these characters. Cora wants to find her mom who might be somewhere. Oh, her aunt is free and okay. Ampersand wants to find the aliens that have been sitting on their butts for 40 years and ignoring their Duolingo notifications because he wants to retrieve some 'genome' from X alien group gets it from Y alien group. I don't know what these things are and they don't sound interesting. Ampersand is just boring as fuck. Normally when you have such a serious character that is a fish out of water, you have some funny moments sprinkled in like discovering sugar or hmmm....Cheez Whiz? Just throwing that out there. But Ampersand just explains crap over and over and over, sounds like Microsoft TTS and has the personality of one too.

I'm nearly halfway through the book, Chapter 17 out of 40. I sit here and I'm mad because I could be watching Transformers Prime, which is a cartoon aimed at children but is actually good rather than a terrible Transformers knockoff aimed at Lindsay Ellis.

Crybaby Xianghua

kiwifarms.net
So Lindsay is a crazy Transformers fangirl I take it?

Lindsay Ellis is to Starscream as Bonita Prime is to Optimus Prime? Is that correct? Does anyone here beside remember Bonita Prime?

And here, I thought Bronies were bat shit insane enough....

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
So Lindsay is a crazy Transformers fangirl I take it?

Lindsay Ellis is to Starscream as Bonita Prime is to Optimus Prime? Is that correct? Does anyone here beside remember Bonita Prime?

And here, I thought Bronies were bat shit insane enough....
Not sure about crazy fangirl, but she's mentiones she's had some kind of morbid fascination with the Bay films IIRC.

Arthur Morgan

kiwifarms.net
A little off topic but I just reuploaded Lindsay's The Craft review and it's interesting to see her stance on writing and casting race, when these days it'd get her cancelled... Again.

Around six minutes in she starts talking about the token black chick who is perfect and flawless, who only has problems because she's black... And 2011 Lindsay calls this a bad thing, especially since the racist girl is openly racist and obviously no one would ever be like that. Also, that you shouldn't write black characters, just write characters without race in mind and just cast whoever you want.

Ninon42

kiwifarms.net
@Random Internet Person
Don’t remember that Weeknd thing. What was that supposed to be about?

In Lindsay's goodbye dramalogue, she said she was working on a video about the Weeknd's album After Hours but would not be finishing it for release. She also tweeted the song Faith from that album.

The lyrics to Faith

Light a blunt up with the flame
Put that cocaine on a plate
Molly with the purple rain
'Cause I lost my faith
So I cut away the pain, uh
Got it swimming in my veins
Now my mind is outta place, yeah, uh
'Cause I lost my faith

And I feel everything
I feel everything from my body to my soul
No, no
Well, I feel everything
When I'm coming down is the most I feel alone
No, no

I've been sober for a year, now it's time for me
To go back to my old ways, don't you cry for me
Thought I'd be a better man, but I lied to me and to you

I take half a Xan' and I still stay awake
All my demons wanna pull me to my grave
I choose Vegas if they offer heaven's gate
I tried to love, but you know I'd never stay
I'd never stay
But if I OD, I want you to OD right beside me
I want you to follow right behind me
I want you to hold me while I'm smiling
While I'm dying
And if you know me
When I go missing, you know where to find me
Driving down the boulevard is blinding
Always blinded by the desert lights and
I'm alive when

I feel everything
I feel everything from my body to my soul
No, no
Girl, I feel everything
When I'm coming down is the most I feel alone
No, no

I lost my faith
I'm losing my religion every day
Time hasn't been kind to me, I pray
When I look inside the mirror and see someone I love
Oh, someone I love
Faith
I'm losing my religion every day
Time hasn't been kind to me, I pray
When I look inside the mirror and see someone I love
Oh, someone I love

I ended up in the back of a flashing car
With the city shining on my face
The lights are blinding me again
I ended up in the back of a flashing car
With the city shining on my face
The lights are blinding me again
I ended up (I ended up), in the back of a flashing car (Back of a flashing car)

And what the Weeknd said about the song:

It’s about the darkest time of my entire life, a time when I was getting really, really tossed up and going through a lot of personal stuff. This is around 2013-14: I got arrested in Vegas, it was a real rockstar era, which I wasn’t really proud of, and at the end of [the song] you hear sirens. That’s me in the back of the cop car, that moment.
I always wanted to make that song but I never did, and this album felt like the perfect time, because of the setting of Las Vegas, and [the character needing] a kind of escape after a heartbreak or whatever, ‘I’m gonna go to Vegas and drown all my sorrows,’ and by the time you get to the end of the album you realize it’s more of a redemption.
But I wanted to go to Vegas and be this guy again, the “Heartless” guy, the drug monster, the person who hates God and is losing his f—ing religion and hating what he looks like when he looks in the mirror so he keeps getting high, and hating to be sober because “I feel the most lonely when I’m coming down” — that’s who this song is.

tl;dr Lindsay needs detox and possibly an extended stay on a locked ward