• "Should a portion break, put it back together with KrazyGlue."

TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et alThe Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Going Scorched Earth

Discussion in 'Lolcows' started by Feline Darkmage, Mar 15, 2018.

Forum Guidelines

Lolcows are people and groups whose eccentric or foolish behavior can be "milked" for amusement and laughs. They are not countries, political figures, celebrities, your highschool bully, or some random YouTuber who doesn't involve himself in drama.

• Be civil.

Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.

• Hide your powerlevel.

Avoid revealing intimate, embarrassing details about yourself. This is not your blog and we are not an asylum.

• Don't backseat moderate.

You are not a moderator. You do not decide if a thread is to remain open or not. You do not decide if someone is a lolcow or not.

• Don't white knight.

Don't turn threads into an intervention. If you want to help, contact them privately. True lolcows reject advice.

• Do not create topics about forum members.

If you believe someone discovered by their account on the forum deserves a thread, ask staff first.

• No trolling plans.

We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.

• Topic titles should contain aliases.

Keep thread titles as brief as possible and use all their different usernames.

• Archive everything.

Use archival tools to preserve content forever. Upload directly to posts where applicable.

1. More everyday cringe, like "did you learn your lesson, HMMM"?

• Informative Informative x 3
    JuanButNotForgotten

JuanButNotForgotten Friendly Mexican Ghost

kiwifarms.net
  2. CA Incompetence 60.jpg CA Incompetence 61.jpg CA Incompetence 62.jpg CA Incompetence 63.jpg CA Incompetence 64.jpg CA Incompetence 65.jpg CA Incompetence 66.jpg CA Incompetence 67.jpg CA Incompetence 68.jpg CA Incompetence 69.jpg CA Incompetence 70.jpg CA Incompetence 71.jpg CA Incompetence 72.jpg CA Incompetence 73.jpg CA Incompetence 74.jpg CA Incompetence 75.jpg CA Incompetence 76.jpg CA Incompetence 77.jpg CA Incompetence 78.jpg CA Incompetence 79.jpg CA Incompetence 80.jpg CA Incompetence 81.jpg CA Incompetence 82.jpg CA Incompetence 83.jpg CA Incompetence 84.jpg CA Incompetence 85.jpg CA Incompetence 86.jpg CA Incompetence 87.jpg CA Incompetence 88.jpg CA Incompetence 89.jpg CA Incompetence 90.jpg CA Incompetence 91.jpg CA Incompetence 92.jpg CA Incompetence 93.jpg CA Incompetence 94.jpg CA Incompetence 95.jpg CA Incompetence 96.jpg CA Incompetence 97.jpg CA Incompetence 98.jpg CA Incompetence 99.jpg CA Incompetence 100.jpg CA Incompetence 101.jpg CA Incompetence 102.jpg CA Incompetence 103.jpg CA Incompetence 104.jpg CA Incompetence 105.jpg CA Incompetence 106.jpg CA Incompetence 107.jpg CA Incompetence 108.jpg CA Incompetence 109.jpg CA Incompetence 110.jpg CA Incompetence 111.jpg CA Incompetence 112.jpg CA Incompetence 113.jpg CA Incompetence 114.jpg CA Incompetence 115.jpg CA Incompetence 116.jpg CA Incompetence 117.jpg CA Incompetence 118.jpg CA Incompetence 119.jpg CA Incompetence 120.jpg CA Incompetence 121.jpg CA Incompetence 122.jpg CA Incompetence 123.jpg CA Incompetence 124.jpg CA Incompetence 125.jpg CA Incompetence 126.jpg CA Incompetence 127.jpg CA Incompetence 128.jpg CA Incompetence 129.jpg CA Incompetence 130.jpg CA Incompetence 131.jpg CA Incompetence 132.jpg

• Winner Winner x 32
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  3. Jesus, this is priceless. I'm actually surprised how many people are getting dragged into this convo. Wonder how long before more of the outliers like Nash, JO, etc get involved.

Really I'm wondering if anyone's gonna have stories of JewWario getting mistreated by management. A lot of the TGWTG crowed adored Justin so if anything comes up with him that'll light a fire under him.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Feels Feels x 5
    kiwifarms.net
  4. IIRC Jewario and some of the bigger guys (mostly spoony IIRC) were really close, so I doubt that they would've let Justin get much shit

• Agree Agree x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  5. They didn't have the money. They blew it all on that studio. The company that built itself on a show shot in front of a white wall thought they needed a fucking studio space. Hilariously, the shows that could justify said space (Demo Reel and Pop Quiz Hot Shot) were quickly cancelled.

• Informative Informative x 15
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    Someone in a Tree

Someone in a Tree WTJU deejay

kiwifarms.net
  6. Doug's a bit of a boring lolcow as he's at least smart enough not to respond to rumors ect. but he's pretty incompetent

Also the thing is @LordKaT was talking about this stuff years ago and everyone got their backs up or claimed it was fine and they were a big happy family. How dare anyone suggest it wasn't all rosey and give them the chance then to speak up and do something about it!

The Walkers were complicit but so too was everyone who stayed and didn't say anything. Which then allowed it to truck on and get that 90K from naive fans.

Its all well and good going "well I thought the script sucked and all these awful things happened!" but it means nothing unless you actually refused to do it or walked. Linkara's always been fairly guilty of this, when chances came to him to speak up - he'd often avoid or do that whole "ahh this thing sucks but we should all get along~" nonsense. He was also one of the best treated contributors too.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    RisingPheonix

RisingPheonix I came here to squark at you

kiwifarms.net
  7. I'll cut them some slack on that point.

A lot of what Channel Awesome was doing at the time, I think, was pretty unprecedented. At the very least, starting a business dedicated to producing accessible Internet videos - at that business beginner's level, no less - was pretty new. Unfortunately, when things are unprecedented, that sometimes gives unprofessional behavior that much more wiggle room.

As more people started building on what they started - and, crucially, actually treating it like a business - what seemed normal under Channel Awesome now seems unthinkable.

• Agree Agree x 24
    • Like Like x 1
    • DRINK DRINK x 1
    Henry Bemis

Henry Bemis Irony: Not even once.
    Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  8. I don't know why Linkara bothers to stick with them to this day. They literally just have youtube videos embedded on the channel awesome site. He says it's "strictly business" but I can't imagine that he's getting enough clicks from that site for that to be worth the trouble.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 5
    kiwifarms.net
  9. Either Doug/Mike/Rob have some really dirty secrets about Lewis that he wants to keep buried, he's too blind to the truth to realize that cutting ties might be for the best since these are his "friends," or he doesn't want to rock the boat. Lewis leaving would, for many, spell the death of TGWTG and he can't just quietly leave with the next inevitable mass exodus without alerting a lot of people.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  10. Is there really any reason why he's just getting a thread now? He's the same weenie he's been forever- are we anticipating some kind of mass shitstorm? Also, I can't believe Doug hasn't been outed for being on the spectrum yet. I can't make sense of this world if Doug Walker turns out to be anything but an aspie + arrested development.
    Chad Doug vs. Virgin LordKaT.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Y2K Baby

Y2K Baby The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. Older thread is linked in the OP, it was shit though. Doug is discussed in various places here including the TGWTG tags so I can see why it's taken a while to get his own thread instead of piggy backing off of others.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Anonymus Fluhre

Anonymus Fluhre No man fears what he has seen grow

kiwifarms.net
  12. More tweets regarding Doug and CA. Warning, its a LOT.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  13. The main reason why this thread is happening now is because a lot of former (and at least one current) CA content creators are on Twitter detailing the questionable practices of Michaud and the Walkers.

• Informative Informative x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    Someone in a Tree

Someone in a Tree WTJU deejay

kiwifarms.net
  14. Anything really good coming out of these posts yet? Who did Doug rape?

• 🤔 Thunkful x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  15. No one as of yet, but he knew and helped cover up Michaud being a creep to all the female employees of CA.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  16. My eardrums.

• Feels  x 27
    • Winner  x 12
    • Agree  x 8
    • Like  x 5
    • DRINK  x 1
    Y2K Baby

Y2K Baby The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  17. Do people still watch the NC? I haven't bothered in years.

• Agree  x 11
    • Like  x 3
    • Winner  x 2
    • Powerlevel  x 2
    •  x 1
    • Deviant  x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  18. Demo reel's financial backers.

• Winner  x 31
    • Like  x 5
    • Agree  x 2
    •  x 1
    • DRINK  x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  19. Yes, and he generally still gets positive reactions from his fans on those videos if I'm not mistaken.
    I only tried a few of his reviews after the return of the Nostalgia Critic character. Couldn't stand the skits or the other characters. Really, the only ones I could get through were the Hulk (2003) review and the Chrismas Tree video (thank goodness Redlettermedia got to that one, their response to The Christmas Tree was much more entertaining).

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  20. His comedic skits make me resent being alive.

• Feels Feels x 16
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1K4rVJKBXDXyn3r9VNou3HRppa5oqnETHy

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.