TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

The Shadow

I have SEVERAL questions
kiwifarms.net
You'd be surprised. I've met plenty of people like this who just don't watch anything other than boring sitcoms
So there's a lady equivalent of "You're not married. You haven't got a girlfriend. And you don't watch Star Trek? GOOD LORD."

Minimal lurking, but here it is: Doug's Student Film for a video journalism class. AVGN was a way better filmmaker. Look at the color negatives on Doug's shit compared to James'.

And funnier and bizarre-r too.
Listening to James actually talk about film production and history it's clear he has a great knowledge of technique and style. Just compare a typical Nostalgia Critic review to even the first season of AVGN. James has a variety of camera angles and regularly shows more than Doug's talking head format. Doug is like Brak; for a while it was hard to know if he even had legs under that desk.

Last edited:

iafiv

kiwifarms.net
Speaking of Tamara, a new video is out.

This is getting kind of silly.I mean nothing personal but come on what has Tamara seen at the end of the day?I'm starting to suspect the reason she got hired had nothing to do with any knowledge of movies in any way.I don't know but if i wanted to hire someone to work in a movie review business as a sidekick i would imagine one of the first questions would be like 'so which Scorsese movie do you think is the best?'.I wouldn't even consider someone for this job if their reaction is 'who??'.Funnily enough most of the comments are praising Tamara for watching this or commenting on how hot she is in some form.Almost no one comments on how weird it is that a supposed pop culture nerd has seen next to nothing when it comes to movies.Which probably explains why Tamara got hired.I'm not the one to start speculating but i do wonder how Doug was convinced to hire Tamara.

Last edited:

Drink More Water

kiwifarms.net
This is getting kind of silly.I mean nothing personal but come on what has Tamara seen at the end of the day?I'm starting to suspect the reason she got hired had nothing to do with any knowledge of movies in any way.I don't know but if i wanted to hire someone to work in a movie review business as a sidekick i would imagine one of the first questions would be like 'so which Scorsese movie do you think is the best?'.I wouldn't even consider someone for this job if their reaction is 'who??'.Funnily enough most of the comments are praising Tamara for watching this or commenting on how hot she is in some form.Almost no one comments on how weird it is that a supposed pop culture nerd has seen next to nothing when it comes to movies.Which probably explains why Tamara got hired.I'm not the one to start speculating but i do wonder how Doug was convinced to hire Tamara.
Rachel Tietz left rather suddenly, Doug had to fill the "chick sidekick" gig fast and Tamara was probably still hanging around the studio after the Catwoman review.

Cyber Bowling

kiwifarms.net
She is, and I use this in the most generous and loosest term possible, just a performer to Doug, not a reviewer. It's not like the skits really require any knowledge of the film itself because they are at best loosely connected to whatever is happening in the actual movie, and Doug can just show her a clip or something if it really comes down to it. In reality, she's just "the girl" to Doug. I always got the impression that it was Doug and sometimes Rob handling most of the "creative" side of things. The staff probably has some say over the final script, but most likely in a "I'm comfortable doing this" or "can we change the line to this" style of changes, nothing overly significant.

If Tamara left, it'd be just like when whatsherface before her left. Doug would quickly replace her with the nearest girl he could find and that would be that. Based on how CA recruited people, it doesn't seem like talent or qualifications were ever that important.

My guess is she either cameo'd as a friend of a friend type of deal for someone on Doug's staff and she just got roped in when Doug needed a replacement. This is probably the most pop culture exposure she's gotten. I have absolutely no explanation for why people would comment she's hot, though. Some mysteries are just impossible to solve.

Puddleduck

kiwifarms.net
I wonder where her desire to be an actress came from if she has barely seen any movies.
Like, I saw Bakshi's LOTR and a short cartoon I can't even remember the name of where the fairy king's shadow became sentient and they got a human boy to help beat it, and there was a goblin thing with a candle on his hat ... anyway, both of these made me want to be an animator and writer, and if I hadn't have seen them then that desire might not have grown. If she's barely seen anything, where did her desire come from?

The Shadow

I have SEVERAL questions
kiwifarms.net
She is, and I use this in the most generous and loosest term possible, just a performer to Doug, not a reviewer. It's not like the skits really require any knowledge of the film itself because they are at best loosely connected to whatever is happening in the actual movie, and Doug can just show her a clip or something if it really comes down to it. In reality, she's just "the girl" to Doug. I always got the impression that it was Doug and sometimes Rob handling most of the "creative" side of things. The staff probably has some say over the final script, but most likely in a "I'm comfortable doing this" or "can we change the line to this" style of changes, nothing overly significant.

If Tamara left, it'd be just like when whatsherface before her left. Doug would quickly replace her with the nearest girl he could find and that would be that. Based on how CA recruited people, it doesn't seem like talent or qualifications were ever that important.

My guess is she either cameo'd as a friend of a friend type of deal for someone on Doug's staff and she just got roped in when Doug needed a replacement. This is probably the most pop culture exposure she's gotten. I have absolutely no explanation for why people would comment she's hot, though. Some mysteries are just impossible to solve.
I remember when "the girl" at least had to bring something to the table. As much of a supernova trainwreck as Lindsay was and is, she was at least well-versed enough to deliver her material and commentary in a way that was moderately entertaining the first few times.

Cyber Bowling

kiwifarms.net
I wonder where her desire to be an actress came from if she has barely seen any movies.
Like, I saw Bakshi's LOTR and a short cartoon I can't even remember the name of where the fairy king's shadow became sentient and they got a human boy to help beat it, and there was a goblin thing with a candle on his hat ... anyway, both of these made me want to be an animator and writer, and if I hadn't have seen them then that desire might not have grown. If she's barely seen anything, where did her desire come from?
Does she want to be an actress? I know Malcolm at least does VA stuff and I think someone mentioned him doing commercial stuff before. He at least has some loftier plans. It always seemed like Tamara was happy just being a skit monkey/YouTube reacter/Twitter sperger.

Reactions: Count groudon

Roadkill Pope

kiwifarms.net
Maybe she just wants to be rich and famous. I mean, she'd be in the exact wrong place to do it if that's what her goal is, but maybe.

iafiv

kiwifarms.net
What NC ripoffs exist?I don't seem to recall that many.While certain influences exist from what i noticed the vast majority of internet movie critics actually steer away from the Doug style of hammy presentation combined with dumb jokes.

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm 90% sure this woman has never seen a film in her life
At some point we are going to see her reacting to her old nostalgia critic episodes for the first time, further shattering our twisted reality and causing Sarah Palin to become president after wedding Ivanka Trump to own da libz as the first female and first lesbian president

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino