TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

Count groudon

Saltier than Njord's left testicle
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying it seems hard because they haven't nailed the design after 3 films and 2 aborted franchises. And they have made Spider-Man villains as over the top as Vulture and Electro look cool. Of course I could be proven wrong and they could achieve it in the future, but so far none of the live action Goblins have really worked for me.
Honestly ever since I was a kid and I heard Raimi wanted to use The Vulture in his movies I really wanted to see him as the villain in a marvel movie. I mean his stupid bird suit was always really lame and the cool VTOL wings were great, but I feel like a villain themed around vultures could actually be pretty intimidating if they did it right.

F

FH 721

kiwifarms.net
Honestly ever since I was a kid and I heard Raimi wanted to use The Vulture in his movies I really wanted to see him as the villain in a marvel movie. I mean his stupid bird suit was always really lame and the cool VTOL wings were great, but I feel like a villain themed around vultures could actually be pretty intimidating if they did it right.
That's why Vulture is the only good part of Homecoming. Michael Keaton is just perfect in that movie.

clavo325

kiwifarms.net

Doug's behavior while among more normal people often amuses me. Take this intro to an X-Men: Apocalypse discussion for example. All he has to do is sit there until the host is done with his opening. The other two people at the table handle it fine but not Doug. He just has to play to the camera.

The Pink Panther

Scared Pink
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Doug's behavior while among more normal people often amuses me. Take this intro to an X-Men: Apocalypse discussion for example. All he has to do is sit there until the host is done with his opening. The other two people at the table handle it fine but not Doug. He just has to play to the camera.
He's a special-ed kid. Remember in his review of Bart Gets An F, he said it's his favorite episode because he used to be one of those kids that got left at the back table. He related with El Barto.

Ten2Nine

kiwifarms.net
"Ok, I'm not insane, I know this movie is bad and doesn't work. From a structural standpoint it's one of the worst sequels ever made especially when you get to the end. But after how boring and wowless the other two were out of the original three I kind of consider this one the most entertaining. It has the most risks, the most action, the most color, the most mutants and the most compelling ideas outside of just prejudice sucks. Oh, yeah...we went there. Sure, it's story and characters are weak and the ending doesn't really go anywhere but I'm kind of used to that in these movies by now. I mean, what's worse? Safe, bland, middle of the road tedium or batshit insanity that never once left you bored." - Doug on X-Men 3

I've always thought of X-Men 3 as a sequel that deserved a certain degree of defense from the overwhelmingly negative reception it got when it was released. There are interesting ideas in it and some do kind of work. Even the stuff that really doesn't work is worth discussing in a compare and contrast to the first two movies type of way. However, the last defense this movie needs is a 'the first two REALLY sucked and this one sucked too but it was crazy so it soothed my A.D.D. brain' one. Doug used the same defense for his love of Spider-Man 3.

Let's not forget the time that Doug gave Logan a 'meh' review where he mischaracterized great fairly subtle moments from the movie in cartoonish/wacky fashion and bitched about a dozen plot holes that he only found because he didn't pay attention. But don't worry...the commenters on YouTube filled him in.

Doug has claimed that he never reads the comments, however, so maybe his brother will tell him what his opinion of Logan is next time he talks about it.

Doug also felt Toy Story 3 was pretty 'meh'. Kind of relevant now, what with the Toy Story 4 trailer just being released, are Doug's thought on how Toy Story 3 handled the mention of Bo Peep. Doug says, "All your favorite characters are there...well, most of them. Bo Peep sort of gets insultingly sidelined." Then we get to see the Doug Walker staple of re-cutting a scene to bolster his argument. The scene originally plays out with Woody saying they've lost friends along the way mentioning a couple names but not Bo Peep. Rex brings her up and Woody's reaction is one of sadness and discomfort which points to this being a sore spot for him and that not saying her name was intentional on his part. He then quickly tries to recover and move past it by saying all those toys went on to new owners. Doug removes the footage of Woody mentioning any of the other toys and after playing Woody's sad reaction, Doug as Woody says, "Eh, screw the bitch. Moving on."

Another video where Doug omits footage that would disprove his point is in the "Dumbasses in Distress" video. You've already got him tearing into Mary Jane for not fighting back against superhuman villains unlike superhuman hero Spider-Man while leaving out footage of her mostly failed attempts at doing just that. I think he does use the footage in some other Spider-Man video where he calls her basically worthless. But things get really annoying when he gets to Lois Lane. Doug mocks her as dumb and over-reliant on Superman to save her using a clip of her from the animated series where a terrorist on a plane recognizes her name as the one Superman always saves and she confirms it. I'd say he must have missed the part that proceeded it where Lois tries to go for a phone while an armed terrorist is slightly distracted, the terrorist catches her, shoots the phone, violently throws her back into her seat, pulls her seat belt so tight it likely caused brusing and then tells the other passenger that he's going to kill her as an example not to be a hero. I can't say that though because Doug literally uses some of that footage while talking about how stupid and helpless she is.

Alto

Space Doggity
kiwifarms.net
Doug doesn't pay any attention to the movies he watches or just has really stupid ideas about them when he does. Remember when he claimed that the two MUTE romantic leads in The Shape of Water needed more chemistry when they literally could only sign to each other? Remember when he said Bee Movie was A-OK? Remember when he said Tales From Earthsea, a film that does nothing BUT heave exposition with little action, was fascinating?

No one should take his opinions to heart. He really doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

F

FH 721

kiwifarms.net
Doug doesn't pay any attention to the movies he watches or just has really stupid ideas about them when he does. Remember when he claimed that the two MUTE romantic leads in The Shape of Water needed more chemistry when they literally could only sign to each other? Remember when he said Bee Movie was A-OK? Remember when he said Tales From Earthsea, a film that does nothing BUT heave exposition with little action, was fascinating?

No one should take his opinions to heart. He really doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.
Remember when he mistook the giant crab in Moana for a fucking turtle?

darkhorse816

WOOF!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Ok, I'm not insane, I know this movie is bad and doesn't work. From a structural standpoint it's one of the worst sequels ever made especially when you get to the end. But after how boring and wowless the other two were out of the original three I kind of consider this one the most entertaining. It has the most risks, the most action, the most color, the most mutants and the most compelling ideas outside of just prejudice sucks. Oh, yeah...we went there. Sure, it's story and characters are weak and the ending doesn't really go anywhere but I'm kind of used to that in these movies by now. I mean, what's worse? Safe, bland, middle of the road tedium or batshit insanity that never once left you bored." - Doug on X-Men 3

I've always thought of X-Men 3 as a sequel that deserved a certain degree of defense from the overwhelmingly negative reception it got when it was released. There are interesting ideas in it and some do kind of work. Even the stuff that really doesn't work is worth discussing in a compare and contrast to the first two movies type of way. However, the last defense this movie needs is a 'the first two REALLY sucked and this one sucked too but it was crazy so it soothed my A.D.D. brain' one. Doug used the same defense for his love of Spider-Man 3.

Let's not forget the time that Doug gave Logan a 'meh' review where he mischaracterized great fairly subtle moments from the movie in cartoonish/wacky fashion and bitched about a dozen plot holes that he only found because he didn't pay attention. But don't worry...the commenters on YouTube filled him in.

Doug has claimed that he never reads the comments, however, so maybe his brother will tell him what his opinion of Logan is next time he talks about it.

Doug also felt Toy Story 3 was pretty 'meh'. Kind of relevant now, what with the Toy Story 4 trailer just being released, are Doug's thought on how Toy Story 3 handled the mention of Bo Peep. Doug says, "All your favorite characters are there...well, most of them. Bo Peep sort of gets insultingly sidelined." Then we get to see the Doug Walker staple of re-cutting a scene to bolster his argument. The scene originally plays out with Woody saying they've lost friends along the way mentioning a couple names but not Bo Peep. Rex brings her up and Woody's reaction is one of sadness and discomfort which points to this being a sore spot for him and that not saying her name was intentional on his part. He then quickly tries to recover and move past it by saying all those toys went on to new owners. Doug removes the footage of Woody mentioning any of the other toys and after playing Woody's sad reaction, Doug as Woody says, "Eh, screw the bitch. Moving on."

Another video where Doug omits footage that would disprove his point is in the "Dumbasses in Distress" video. You've already got him tearing into Mary Jane for not fighting back against superhuman villains unlike superhuman hero Spider-Man while leaving out footage of her mostly failed attempts at doing just that. I think he does use the footage in some other Spider-Man video where he calls her basically worthless. But things get really annoying when he gets to Lois Lane. Doug mocks her as dumb and over-reliant on Superman to save her using a clip of her from the animated series where a terrorist on a plane recognizes her name as the one Superman always saves and she confirms it. I'd say he must have missed the part that proceeded it where Lois tries to go for a phone while an armed terrorist is slightly distracted, the terrorist catches her, shoots the phone, violently throws her back into her seat, pulls her seat belt so tight it likely caused brusing and then tells the other passenger that he's going to kill her as an example not to be a hero. I can't say that though because Doug literally uses some of that footage while talking about how stupid and helpless she is.
It's interesting how he ignores reality to better serve his critiques.

Someone in a Tree

It's the ripple, not the sea that is happening
kiwifarms.net
If I remember correctly, in his Bebe's Kids review, he used an incomplete trailer he found on YouTube and turned it into a large centerpiece of his video as proof that the studio and filmmakers didn't care about what they were making and promoting. The tag line was "it's animation... with attitude" but the source he used cut off before "with attitude." He actually thought that the studio was shrugging their shoulders and just declaring that Bebe's Kids was an animated movie and that's all you need to know.

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
I am watching the review out of boredom and within the first minute, Doug literally compared how stupid people are for not liking X3 but liking Logan for some loosely connected similarities

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino