TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

Zhoban

Bougie von Savage
kiwifarms.net
The aborted ten year anniversary special was going to be a horror parody. The Blockbuster Buster and Some Jerk with a Camera confirmed that they had parts in it, and Linkara confirmed that he turned down the chance to be in it. They all said that this was a smaller project than the earlier specials, so it's unlikely that the script will leak. As I remarked at the time, the mass exodus of contributors in the wake of Change the Channel kinda mirrored a horror film, with them disappearing one by one.
I'm unsure how anything could be smaller than a bunch of internet critics running around outside with a cheap camcorder.

Truthspeaker

Walking that line between victim and ex-lover
kiwifarms.net
I don't know about how legitimate Doug's insightful comments are. File this under conspiracy if you want, but he has been accused of getting information from other places, like RedLetterMedia, and just parroting their thoughts and ideas. There isn't exactly a way to prove this, but the evidence is mostly against him. For every insightful comment, he's got about 1,000 stupid ones. There have been many instances where very basic themes and even plot points have flown completely over his head. And for some reason he is utterly incapable of applying any of these good points into his own projects.
Is it really a conspiracy when something's both blatantly obvious and requires almost no effort?

It's been emphasised repeatedly already, but Doug only blew up like he did because he got into Blip at just the right time. His talents are meager, his opinions are shallow, his sense of humor's non-existent, and all his content's best material comes from straight rips of outside sources.

He's basically the neuro-atypical man's Ray William Johnson, only far less adept with business. It almost hurts to say someone doesn't measure up to the braindead assclown who created Equals Three, but then I remember how Demo Reel somehow managed to be worse than the CA Anniversary Movies, and all my sympathy for Doug goes the way of a woman's vaginal juices in the presence of Mike Michaud.

BoiDaBob

kiwifarms.net
What does Polygon gain from reporting on #ChangeTheChannel a whole year after its relevance? It's not like anyone cares about TGWTG alumni aside from Doug, Phelous, Brad, Larry and MikeJ. And even then, I'm pretty sure people saw it more as a revelation of a laughably mismanaged company. Not one of the worst companies ever. It was basically a comedy to them. Unless someone like Lindsay fucked the writer to make an article out of it to gain some of that lost relevance she craves. Knowing how much of a Rat King the former TGWTG contributors and their other circles can be, I wouldn't be surprised.

Someone in a Tree

It's the ripple, not the sea that is happening
kiwifarms.net
Why the fuck is Channel Awesome put so prominently in the headline when the article is about YouTube's policies? By basically saying that Channel Awesome and YouTube have a lot of the same problems only on different scales, I feel that the author is implying that the former doesn't have too many issues with the latter. And we all know that's a bunch of bullshit because Doug Walker tried to make that #wtfu trend. Talking to Allison and Marz Gurl is pointless because they barely have any subscribers. The Walkers would have been better sources for this article, to be honest.

Doctor Stan

Fake Doctor
kiwifarms.net
What does Polygon gain from reporting on #ChangeTheChannel a whole year after its relevance? It's not like anyone cares about TGWTG alumni aside from Doug, Phelous, Brad, Larry and MikeJ. And even then, I'm pretty sure people saw it more as a revelation of a laughably mismanaged company. Not one of the worst companies ever. It was basically a comedy to them. Unless someone like Lindsay fucked the writer to make an article out of it to gain some of that lost relevance she craves. Knowing how much of a Rat King the former TGWTG contributors and their other circles can be, I wouldn't be surprised.
Probably a slow day, even by their standards

Candidae

kiwifarms.net
Justice League was easily the best of the Timmverse
Disagree simply because I am a total slut for Batman the Animated Series. I adore what they did for Two Face/Harvey, Mr. Freeze, and of course the creation of Harley. Plus Mark Hamill as the Joker is probably the most iconic thing ever (so is Conroy but I'm pretty sure he played Batman in Justice League just because he had to)
But I might also be biased against Justice League cause I watched Super Friends as a kid before school and got mad that Superman did everything which made me pretty much hate all things with him in them minus the Christopher Reeve movies. But the Animated Series is still absolutely fantastic

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

kiwifarms.net
Disagree simply because I am a total slut for Batman the Animated Series. I adore what they did for Two Face/Harvey, Mr. Freeze, and of course the creation of Harley. Plus Mark Hamill as the Joker is probably the most iconic thing ever (so is Conroy but I'm pretty sure he played Batman in Justice League just because he had to)
But I might also be biased against Justice League cause I watched Super Friends as a kid before school and got mad that Superman did everything which made me pretty much hate all things with him in them minus the Christopher Reeve movies. But the Animated Series is still absolutely fantastic
Be honest. You're a slut for anything with a penis. I know you've been sleeping around with that two inch dick cripple you fucking whore. Tell me the god damned truth.

Truthspeaker

Walking that line between victim and ex-lover
kiwifarms.net
Superman TAS was excellent. Easily the best version of the character on the big or small screen, and he was similarly excellent on the DCAU's Justice League.

The episode where he faces Gilbert Gottfried's Mxysptlk alone is better than any of the Superman movies ever made, and it's not even the best episode of the show.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino