TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

Barry Zuckercorn

kiwifarms.net
Doug's opinions on superheroes are pretty shallow honestly. It'd be one thing if he'd be just the typical normie who likes/dislikes the movies, but when he goes on tangents claiming how they're bad or inaccurate and such, but then you find out they don't read the comics, or even watch the animated series, it's like....Okay, why does your opinion matter and you try to make yourself the Spiderman "expert"? Or the Batman / X Men expert for that matter?

all his opinions are shallow. He's not a gamer, so any reactions/reviews on that (or related material) are null-and-void. He's not a comic book nerd, so any expertise in that in gone. He's barely a film critic, and I always chuckled on how hard he was on Sandler, Ratner, etc. like his ideas/acting/etc. were any better. They're actually successes...he's a janitor talking in front of the camera.

Least w/ James he went to school for film and actually has that passion/knowledge of such. He might hate doing nerd videos in 2019, but his other projects show he still loves film making.

Someone in a Tree

It's the ripple, not the sea that is happening
kiwifarms.net

Henry Bemis

Irony: Not even once.
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Y'guys, stop evoking the work of a legendary critic in this thread. The difference between Ebert and Walker is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.
Stop evoking the work of a legendary critic (Twain) to stop evoking the work of a legendary critic (Ebert) to differentiate between them and Walker.

Tron: Deadly Dicks

*notices ur beam*
kiwifarms.net
Just for giggles I'm gonna imitate Doug's insincere forced laugh he always use in his reviews when he finds something "funny"

T-hh-hh

Stop evoking the work of a legendary critic (Twain) to stop evoking the work of a legendary critic (Ebert) to differentiate between them and Walker.
The difference between Ebert and Walker is the same as whipped cream and diarrhea

WinterMoonsLight

Tsar of the Internet
kiwifarms.net
I couldn't stand The Spirits Within, and was halfway tempted to watch his video to see what he had to say. That gaping soyface he plasters all over his thumbnails snapped me back to sense.

And it's been said before, but Jesus Christ Doug, brush your damn teeth. Looks like a mouth full of corn niblets.

• Winner
Reactions: Committed Wolf

jellycar

Yes it is I, Patty Hearst
kiwifarms.net
His....."character" is just so obnoxious. Like PBG and SuperButterBuns level annoying.

I remember his Quest for Camelot review and it was just.....him screaming shit half the time. And a focus on certain lines. Dumb.

I don't understand why he can't just give us regular reviews. At least when Phelan, Allison, and Doug Jones do their reviews, they...actually review shit and don't get sidetracked.

Also I'm assuming Lindsey is never speaking to him again y/n?

Pixy Misa

kiwifarms.net
Imho some of his reviews felt very pandering to the crowd, and not very honest. Which is not what a good critic should be. For example:

Is it just me or was Doug's Legend of Korra review incredibly bad? I mean, for a guy that portrays himself as being super nitpicky, he sure was shilling it a lot. I mean, I like Legend of Korra, I'm a fan even, but it's first season had a lot of issues, that as a critic he should've pointed out (pro bending anyone?). But given that everyone was hyped about a sequel to the last Airbender, I'm pretty sure he just decided to play it safe.

Equally, his review on Sailor Moon was pretty bad. I mean it's a good show and a cash cow for a reason, but he could've pointed out a lot of things and instead, he went with obvious and superficial criticism anyone reading the summary from Wikipedia could make like "This show is too formulaic, " and "they are sexualizing a teenage girl!".

It honestly felt he was too ashamed of doing a real review of sailor moon because it was too girly. I know Lindsey Ellis was supposed to critic the girly stuff seriously, but that doesn't mean he couldn't do it himself. It felt as if he was a 10-year-old, unironically, afraid of girl cooties.

Last time I checked critics could review fiction aimed mainly at girls just fine without having to hire a "female version" of themselves. https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/twilight-2008

Last edited:

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino