TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

• The site was compromised. (Initial announcement) (What to do) (A post about feelings)
    This announcement will be removed when I (hopefully) finalize my audit either today or tomorrow. I will follow it up with a mass email to all users linking the information in this announcement. So far, there has been no subsequent release of data.

8777BB5

Keep Her Sexy and Straightforward
kiwifarms.net
This is a 40 year old man doing this bullshit. He should have 2-3 kids and a wife by now along with a peaceful life in the suburbs with a stable job. Instead he's doing this bullshit. How pathetic.
You know what's really really sad? Had Doug kept his janitor job he could've easily worked his way up and become something like Director of Sanitation, which would be netting him between eighty and a hundred thousand dollars a year. But no, he had to be stupid and burn the bridge and then put it online where every potential employer could see it. What makes this even worse was Doug was 27 years old when he "epically" quit his job. Imagine being 27 years old and thinking that was a good idea.

Truthspeaker

Walking that line between victim and ex-lover
kiwifarms.net
I love the rlm trailer reactions, such classics. When is Doug going to make an unironic imitation of Nerd Crew?
Eventually.

The jucier question is, "What's the lowest amount of money Doge could be offered to start unironically imitating the Nerd Crew?"

I'd wager $1,000 a month. He has a wife to disappoint.

But can he be mentioned in the same sentence as Freddy Got Fingered?
Doug can't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedberg.

Wraith

Made pure again from the hardest game on earth.
kiwifarms.net
You know what's really really sad? Had Doug kept his janitor job he could've easily worked his way up and become something like Director of Sanitation, which would be netting him between eighty and a hundred thousand dollars a year. But no, he had to be stupid and burn the bridge and then put it online where every potential employer could see it. What makes this even worse was Doug was 27 years old when he "epically" quit his job. Imagine being 27 years old and thinking that was a good idea.
Wait, is that legit? Could he have been making that much money?

8777BB5

Keep Her Sexy and Straightforward
kiwifarms.net
Yes if Doug had managed to work his way up to Director of Sanitation (I.E. senior Person responsible for janitors, waste handling and other related duties) he could be bringing in major bank and he wouldn't have to worry about his bread and butter being owned by someone else

The Pink Panther

Think Like Pink
kiwifarms.net
He probably makes more money doing this NC shtick than being the director of sanitation, my guy; if you want to think really high, he probably would've been running his own sanitation/janitorial businesses and services where people can rent out his own group of lackey janitors to other companies to clean things and ranks a real profit. Call it Walker's Good Cleans.

welcometotherock

Chanticleer Hegemony
kiwifarms.net
Actually... I feel like if Doug actually stuck with Nostalgia Critic the way fans wanted it originally and avoided all the shitty skit comedy (and also avoided all the shitty corporate politics with Rob et al), he'd be in a better place altogether. People seem to forget that Nostalgia Critic was among the top players on early YouTube/Blip for a LONG ass time. I can't recall CPMs specifically, but I do remember that at one point, most of Channel Awesome was raking in like $2000 a month (this could've been during the early stages of Patreon, so I might be off). If Spoony and Linkara were able to rake in like $5,000 a month for X amount of time, it stands to reason that Doug would've been better off considering how much bigger his name was.

Crocketron

Friendly Neighborhood Oarfish
kiwifarms.net
Sanitation worker or Sanitation technicians despite what people say which is the worst job... Ironically pays out pretty well. You got to ask yourself "Why people complain about working these jobs" they're not flashy but they pay out a lot more than being a Youtube content creator. An average pay of a sanitation worker is at least $12.51 to $18.69 per hour if you do the math you could make around $49,307 in a year. What the other said, he could have just kept his job and ran his "Youtube" career making it where he could'ave ran his other shitty shows and if those fail he isn't conning people out of their hard-earned money... But who am I to judge as I'm just a tanned skinned weeb on the internet with a body pillow who makes tacos for people while some untalented jackass makes money doing shitty reviews.

Pixy Misa

Your local evil magical girl.
kiwifarms.net

Doug's story is tragic in a way. He honestly believed his critic gig was just a stepping stone to him being a world-famous director and actor. But the instant he tried to move on from Nostalgia critic with Demo Reel, he tanked. The harsh reality is that he is pretty bad doing original stuff.

I mean, isn't it obvious? Ever wondered why all these critics shoehorn skits, and "movies", and crossovers? The truth is that they would rather create instead of doing a review. Linkara would rather be known as a famous comic book writer or just a writer. And Doug really just wanted to be a filmmaker.

It's ironic how internet critics are great at finding flaws in someone else's work, yet few can create great work themselves, and most would rather be actors, and directors instead of internet critics.

Don't get me wrong, some of these reviews are entertaining, but people really only watched them to be amused for half an hour and maybe have a few laughs. I sincerely doubt most people actually care if Doug will defeat his clone from an alternate universe or whatever plot is being shoehorned into a DuckTales review.

Last edited:

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
Doug's story is tragic in a way. He honestly believed his critic gig was just a stepping stone to him being a world-famous director and actor. But the instant he tried to move on from Nostalgia critic with Demo Reel, he tanked. The harsh reality is that he is pretty bad doing original stuff.

I mean, isn't it obvious? Ever wondered why all these critics shoehorn skits, and "movies", and crossovers? The truth is that they would rather create instead of a review. Linkara would rather be known as a famous comic book writer or just writer. And Doug really just wanted to be a filmmaker.

It's ironic how internet critics are great at finding flaws in someone else's work, few can create great work themselves, and most would rather be actors, and directors instead of critics.

Don't get me wrong, some of these reviews are entertaining, but people really only watched them be entertained by the review, and have a few laughs for half an hour. I sincerely doubt most people actually care if Doug will defeat his clone from an alternate universe or whatever plot is being shoehorned into a DuckTales review.
It's even worse when the few people who do care about the plots in reviews are either children or very autistic people.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino