TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

friedshrimp

uwuu
kiwifarms.net
TBH he started going bad way earlier, around 2012, but you know what, if he had ended right there in 2012, I think we all could've accepted the mediocre episodes and move on. Perhaps even some of his weakest episodes we could've reconsider and thought of them as funny. (I know I like a lot the three original Commercials episodes).

His strongest suit was really riffing and making fun of weird, dated niche kid's movies. Once he got all "I'm gonna review DA BIG BLOCKBUSTERS CUZ I CAN" with the clipless reviews and storyline skits with Malcolm and Tamara is where he went off rails.

Pixy Misa

kiwifarms.net
Once he got all "I'm gonna review DA BIG BLOCKBUSTERS CUZ I CAN" with the clipless reviews and storyline skits with Malcolm and Tamara is where he went off rails.

Those two might be the worst actors I've ever seen. Especially Malcolm. I mean they both are entirely unconvincing in their emotions, but you know it's bad when Doug of all people has to dub your lines. He has no emotional range, no interesting voice

Tamara isn't so bad playing the cutesy girl, but I have a feeling she wants to be more of a serious actress, and she really feels out place in comedy.

I'm starting to suspect Doug just keeps them around because he can control them easily.

Last edited:

Blonde Bomb

when you got it, flaunt it
kiwifarms.net
Last night while doing a live stream reviewing Annabelle Comes Home, Dead Don't Die, and Yesterday well at the end Laura Brad's wife got emotional about her dad who was a big Beatles fan and committed suicide. Well as many here know they got attempted swatting the day of her Dad's funeral by a CTC supporter and Laura brought that up and how one person a woman from that side called her a liar on Twitter and she told her to go fuck herself and while not named I believe it was Allison.

Well someone commented:
I love how that person who says your a liar won't consider the possibility that you're telling the truth Laura, and none of their friends who are also Brad's friends, won't call them out.

Brad's Response:
After it happened, that whole group went on facebook to not only celebrate the swatting attempt, but relish in it, and called us scumbags for even bringing it up. So I wouldn't count on that happening. :)
Brad really is the bigger man. He's the only real adult to have come out of the whole CTC thing.

Those two might be the worst actors I've ever seen. Especially Malcolm. I mean you both are entirely unconvincing in their emotions, but You know it's bad when Doug of all people has to dub your lines. He has no emotional range, no interesting voice

Tamara isn't so bad playing the cutesy girl, but I have a feeling she wants to be more of a serious actress, and she really feels out place in comedy.

I'm starting to suspect Doug just keeps him around because he can control them easily.
If Tamara wants to be a serious actress, she needs to ditch CA. Seriously, think how that would look on a resumé. A bunch of sub par, low quality, bottom of the barrel reviews? It's not getting her exposure to the right people if she wants to be taken seriously. Get an agent, go for commercials, go for pilots, do some theatre, take some improv classes, add some diversity to her resumé that will make people notice her and what she's really capable of. NO ONE will ever take her seriously based on her CA work.

Look at the YouTuber Mamrie Hart, by comparison: she started out as a YouTuber doing "You Deserve a Drink", but she's written books (NY Times best sellers, if I'm not mistaken), she's toured, done live shows, I think she did a few local TV spots, maybe a commercial or two, she's written and starred in two movies. She worked her ASS off and still does. She doesn't rest on her laurels. That's how you make it from YouTube to a really legitimate career in entertainment.

Random Internet Person

Follower of the Weeb Wars
kiwifarms.net
If Tamara wants to be a serious actress, she needs to ditch CA. Seriously, think how that would look on a resumé. A bunch of sub par, low quality, bottom of the barrel reviews? It's not getting her exposure to the right people if she wants to be taken seriously. Get an agent, go for commercials, go for pilots, do some theatre, take some improv classes, add some diversity to her resumé that will make people notice her and what she's really capable of. NO ONE will ever take her seriously based on her CA work.
Doesn't Tamara do theater work? I know she and Rachel were roommates at one point. But, you're probably right about CA being an anchor, and that's not getting into people like MisAnthroPony who would probably contact employers about #ChangeTheChannel shit.

Doctor Stan

Fake Doctor
kiwifarms.net
Brad put out a new clip from Another Cinema Snob Movie and it features Doug playing a character named Bally Joe. He appears to be attempting some type of accent.

For what it is, I got a little bit of a chuckle out of the scene. I don't know, I might watch the movie, Doug wasn't mugging and screaming, which was nice, and I actually smirked with that line about tasting their soul.

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
Brad put out a new clip from Another Cinema Snob Movie and it features Doug playing a character named Bally Joe. He appears to be attempting some type of accent.

Oh wow!

Maybe Lupa can get a role in the movie too and it'll give her a chance to spread her wings beyond being an online reviewer.

Brad always seems to treat his friends well...oh wait! lolz

• Feels
Reactions: Nekromantik2

vertexwindi

Diddy in space, even though he's not
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"It's an internet movie, they all go into outer space!" from the trailer. Is that some shade I smell?

Tron: Deadly Dicks

It's hard to fuck a moth and Godzilla ain't picky.
kiwifarms.net
Those two might be the worst actors I've ever seen. Especially Malcolm. I mean they both are entirely unconvincing in their emotions, but you know it's bad when Doug of all people has to dub your lines. He has no emotional range, no interesting voice

I'm starting to suspect Doug just keeps them around because he can control them easily.
I can't crap on malcolm because for starters he's a friend of mine.

But also your actors are only as good as the director. You can have the greatest actors in a movie and they'll still suck if the director doesn't know what he's doing; that's part of The Room's completely bonkers acting.

Pixy Misa

kiwifarms.net
I can't crap on malcolm because for starters he's a friend of mine.

But also your actors are only as good as the director. You can have the greatest actors in a movie and they'll still suck if the director doesn't know what he's doing; that's part of The Room's completely bonkers acting.
I'm sure he is an amazing person, and from what I've seen he seems pretty cool. But I'm just not convinced about his acting skills, sorry.

I could give a lot of examples, but you can easily see it on the finale of Demo Reel:

Tamara is supposed to be exited, and she delivers it well. Doug is supposed to be increasingly confused and a bit scared and he also delivers (granted he does it cartoonishly and not realistically).

But Malcolm seems like he is just remembering his lines, only moving his eyebrows slightly. And he is supposed to be confused, worried, and even annoyed about Doug acting all crazy remembering people that never existed. He is supposed to show this great range of emotions to create tension... but he doesn't deliver. His eyes and tone of voice remain the same throughout the whole scene. He is only seen shaking his head now and then to remind us he is annoyed.

Maybe it's the bad directing, but he really needs to step up his game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino