TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

Loopy Lew

kiwifarms.net
Wonder if those two have any kind of ambition for their acting careers, or if they are content just being Doug's skit lackeys/clones.

I mean it pays doesn't it? I doubt there's much of a plan for the future here. Neither are good actors so I can't imagine they're going to actually go on to do anything of importance. but hey! They have money now! For as long as people put up with mediocre videos and even worse skits.

Tron: Deadly Dicks

It's hard to fuck a moth and Godzilla ain't picky.
kiwifarms.net
Same schtick, different movie. I had a moment of weakness though and giggled a little at his out of nowhere "Woah-lfenstein" pun. :<

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, like any reputable tv or movie studio would give them any meaningful, speaking roles in anything. Tamara and Malcolm are in it for the long haul with Doug and they know it.
I like that the current debate has become whether Tamara and Malcolm are too good for Doug, or whether Doug is too good for Tamara and Malcolm. The truth is, they're perfect for each other.

Tamara and Malcolm are the kind of performers I'd expect to see acting at the local dinner theater. They have ambition and put 110% into everything, but they lack the raw talent and looks to "make it big." Meanwhile, Doug is such a fucking rube and so unconcerned with being successful that he's paying these two to act in his videos instead of hiring some Hooters waitresses to pretend to care about Toomani and triple his views.

You're 50lbs overweight and have a chin that can cut glass, and some dudes hands you a steady gig and national exposure? Its fucking kismet.

Tron: Deadly Dicks

It's hard to fuck a moth and Godzilla ain't picky.
kiwifarms.net
It's not shocking in retrospect, but Im dissapointed Doug's still doing well in his video reviews.

Like, an entire media empire topples over, people screamed online and promised to boycott the man,;and Doug walks away relatively scott clean with almost a half a million views on average.

Am I missing something?
Yeah: Doug Walker isn't the guy who diddled teens behind his wife's back and then gave himself a shotgun mouthwash when she found out. That and the whole channel awesome mess is a failure of management and doug isn't blameless as he's kind of a pretentious ditz but otherwise I don't see why people should be hating him when his biggest crime is that he's not really funny anymore.

Mizafuginmike

kiwifarms.net
It's not shocking in retrospect, but Im dissapointed Doug's still doing well in his video reviews.

Like, an entire media empire topples over, people screamed online and promised to boycott the man,;and Doug walks away relatively scott clean with almost a half a million views on average.

Am I missing something?
That "media empire" only toppled over after it was already a dried up carcass. None of those creators were willing to bite the hand that fed them until it stopped feeding them, ergo they all kicked and walked away from a website that was built around blip videos after the whole blip system had died. It would be like if, tomorrow, a whole bunch of us started posting about how unfairly Myspace used to treat us, started a #CancelMyspace tag and closed our old pages. ChannelAwesome was already long dead and Doug's YT channel was its own, distinct thing. SomeJerkWithACamera rage quitting the old website was never going to affect The NC's YT #s one bit.

BoiDaBob

kiwifarms.net

Am I missing something?
I mean, when you really get down to it, for the most part, the worst thing you can say about Doug is that he's a bad manager and makes shitty videos. If anything, most of the people who participated in the NotSoAwesome doc came out worse in the end. They're still nowhere near as popular as Doug was now than they were back then other than Lindsay Ellis but only shitlibs watch her vids anyway. And most of them still haven't improved on their video skills or have gone on to do worse like Lupa, JesuOtaku who's now an ugly troon and MarzGurl being, well, MarzGurl. Besides, at least Michaud wanted to fire JewWario when he found out he was a sex offender, and he did it as quietly as he possibly could. You know some of the people in the NotSoAwesome doc probably knew and did jack shit about it.

Loopy Lew

kiwifarms.net
Sadly NC will always be popular, as his "fans" aren't the smartest. From being on NC FB groups most of them are complete idiots who care about quoting old episodes, screaming about how every new episode IS TOTAL GENIUS and wanting to scream "A BAT CREDIT CARD?!‽?" In Doug's face while grinning like a exceptional idiot
Which is really strange because he seems to really hate his old material. There's tons of vids about him mocking his old style and he gets super defensive when people criticize his shit skits. Yet still he's only surviving based on popularity from the old days. I have no proof of this but I'm just guessing that his channel is pretty stagnant. I doubt he's getting too many new fans. He's surviving based on nostalgia ironically enough.

The Pink Panther

The Dumb Squash From Lugash
kiwifarms.net
"stagnant"

Since Change The Channel, it seems he has gained about 135,000. That was May of last year when I believe they started to rebound...so they are doing pretty good. They are nearing 1.2 million.

Hellbound Hellhound

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 827399

Since Change The Channel, it seems he has gained about 135,000. That was May of last year when I believe they started to rebound...so they are doing pretty good. They are nearing 1.2 million.
The fact that his audience is growing at all doesn't surprise me much. If you're a semi-competent film reviewer on YouTube with some brand recognition to back you up, then you're going to have to work pretty hard (or do something really awful) to start losing subscribers.

I wouldn't say his numbers are looking that good though. If you look at the more detailed statistics on his SocialBlade, his growth is very steady, and the audience retention on his videos relative to his subscriber count is pretty poor, especially considering that he's only been on YouTube for 5 years.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino