TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

Doctor Stan

Fake Doctor
kiwifarms.net
Oh that is interesting. I would not have guessed he was growing like that. I was thinking he was stagnating aswell.
Well even with growth, it doesn't mean he isn't stagnating, there's likely at least some subscribers that are basically inactive, people stop watching but still stay subscribed to channels sometimes because I think if they're not really spammy, they might just forget they exist, or they watch very occasional videos, hell people die sometimes while subscribed, so it's just an extra number
His voice isn't, bad per say in that. I mean, I don't think it's anything to write home about, but you know.
So Doug's balding in his mid-20s, goes bald a decade later. And his older brother's hair is visibly graying (and it's not just a few grey hairs) just as he's about to turn 40. What the shit.
I had a friend of mine whos hair was going grey in high school, this kind of shit does happen to people

• Agree
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

Tron: Deadly Dicks

It's hard to fuck a moth and Godzilla ain't picky.
kiwifarms.net
So Doug's balding in his mid-20s, goes bald a decade later. And his older brother's hair is visibly graying (and it's not just a few grey hairs) just as he's about to turn 40. What the shit.
Stress does that. I worked as a video game tester for the past 3 years before going down in a burnout (sewer workers get more respect for their job than testers do) and by the end I've had hairs growing white from the start, and I'm only 30.

Stress isn't just mental shenanigans, it affects the rest of your body too.

Ten2Nine

kiwifarms.net
After all the praise Jake Gyllenhaal has gotten for his performance as Mysterio, Spider-Man superfan Doug adds his 2 cents in calling him "lame".
He thought the Elementals were cool and was upset they weren't real. Doug liked fake hero Mysterio (thinking he was for real) more than real villainous Mysterio. Both Doug and Rob hated the scene where it's revealed Mysterio was duping Parker, feeling it was "goofy" and made him too unthreatening. There's quite a bit of disagreement with them in the comments.
Doug Spidey.jpg

Doug complains about the film being too fast paced and then later praises the film...for being fast paced. Also, he's convinced a Spider-Man film is being done wrong if it's not "epic". He brings it up over and over during the review. Despite having some complaints, Rob ultimately liked the film way more than Doug, who once again launched into a defense of The Amazing Spider-Man as an underappreciated masterpiece. His brother did not back him up.

Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 7.45.38 AM.png

KillThemCrackasBabies

kiwifarms.net
When you don't take care of yourself and have bad genes to begin with, things go downhill fast.
This. Stress is obviously one of the bigger issues but a lot of people really just kind of decompose after college (sometimes even as soon as after HS) if they don't actively start taking better care of themselves. The Walker boys almost certainly still eat the same way they did at 15 and I highly doubt they live a particularly active lifestyle, even if they're not bloated pigs, not adjusting your diet and making an effort to move to some extent will age you horrible even if nothing else is really "wrong" with you.

Tron: Deadly Dicks

It's hard to fuck a moth and Godzilla ain't picky.
kiwifarms.net
This. Stress is obviously one of the bigger issues but a lot of people really just kind of decompose after college (sometimes even as soon as after HS) if they don't actively start taking better care of themselves. The Walker boys almost certainly still eat the same way they did at 15 and I highly doubt they live a particularly active lifestyle, even if they're not bloated pigs, not adjusting your diet and making an effort to move to some extent will age you horrible even if nothing else is really "wrong" with you.
Actually I think doug's worse off than he was when he started. Compare him in his bay transformer movie review to him now and you'll see someone who only got thinner over the years to an unhealthy level.

• Agree
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

Watcher

Cishet dudebro
kiwifarms.net
The fact that his audience is growing at all doesn't surprise me much. If you're a semi-competent film reviewer on YouTube with some brand recognition to back you up, then you're going to have to work pretty hard (or do something really awful) to start losing subscribers.

I wouldn't say his numbers are looking that good though. If you look at the more detailed statistics on his SocialBlade, his growth is very steady, and the audience retention on his videos relative to his subscriber count is pretty poor, especially considering that he's only been on YouTube for 5 years.
It's because he makes consistent uploads of very similar content that generally remains topical. Youtube rewards consistent uploads of relatively bland longform content through its algorithm.

Barry Zuckercorn

kiwifarms.net
After all the praise Jake Gyllenhaal has gotten for his performance as Mysterio, Spider-Man superfan Doug adds his 2 cents in calling him "lame".
He thought the Elementals were cool and was upset they weren't real. Doug liked fake hero Mysterio (thinking he was for real) more than real villainous Mysterio. Both Doug and Rob hated the scene where it's revealed Mysterio was duping Parker, feeling it was "goofy" and made him too unthreatening. There's quite a bit of disagreement with them in the comments.
View attachment 828510

Doug complains about the film being too fast paced and then later praises the film...for being fast paced. Also, he's convinced a Spider-Man film is being done wrong if it's not "epic". He brings it up over and over during the review. Despite having some complaints, Rob ultimately liked the film way more than Doug, who once again launched into a defense of The Amazing Spider-Man as an underappreciated masterpiece. His brother did not back him up.
those comments you screenshot are golden.

I'm not even the biggest spidey fan, but Doug's critiques are borderline exceptional.

Loopy Lew

kiwifarms.net
I watched a single Cinematic Venom movie about this change the channel shit but now I'm constantly getting them recommended to me. How long is he going to suck on this teat?

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino