TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

TheShortWaveCerealKiller

The Broner with a Boner
kiwifarms.net
I don't know anything about Ralph but I did watch his take on it and it was just him pulling faces and saying "this sucks" and "why does this exist" over and over. Do people like Ralph? Does he indeed make movies and are they any better than the stuff he's shitting on? Because that being my only viewing of him I'm not impressed.
From what I know, he made one movie which sucked, but I guess it gained him the "I acknowledge it sucked therefore Iam immune to critique" type attitude. Then again he's part of the trio with IHE and ADUM YMS so make of that what you will

The Fresh Maker

kiwifarms.net
Once Ralph made a video on it, the meme died a horrific death
It wasn't a meme. That would imply people were doing this as part of a joke. This was people calling out Doug for 40 minutes of incompetent fuckery and failing to understand The Wall on even the most basic levels. It's a movie with a big following, so of course a lot of people are gonna be upset when somebody misrepresented the film THIS badly for the sake of "comedy".

Gordon Cole

Yep, he's dead
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Do people like Ralph? Does he indeed make movies and are they any better than the stuff he's shitting on? Because that being my only viewing of him I'm not impressed.
You can count the amount of good movies made by YouTubers on one hand, and every film of his I've seen seem to go out of their way to have as many student film cliches in them as possible.

So no.

My buddy who was in one of his high school movies and I were browsing though the Lover Kickstarter page as 1.) He contributed to it, and 2.) It was well over a year since it was supposed to be due at that point. One update made us laugh our asses off at how self-aggrandizing and delusional it was that he thought it could get it into a serious film festival.

Senor Cardgage Mortgage

Oh... I should eat a pony.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You can count the amount of good movies made by YouTubers on one hand, and every film of his I've seen seem to go out of their way to have as many student film cliches in them as possible.

So no.

My buddy who was in one of his high school movies and I were browsing though the Lover Kickstarter page as 1.) He contributed to it, and 2.) It was well over a year since it was supposed to be due at that point. One update made us laugh our asses off at how self-aggrandizing and delusional it was that he thought it could get it into a serious film festival.
>Mystery Team

my nigga

although I'd also include Life in a Day from about 9 years ago, which was a neat experiment.

KrewlKween

It's a Krewl Krewl Summer
kiwifarms.net
I guess it gained him the "I acknowledge it sucked therefore Iam immune to critique" type attitude.
Ah the RLM defense. Difference being I don't hate RLM and give them a pass because at least their analysis is on point most of the time. Doesn't sound like I'm missing much with Ralph so I won't bother watching any of his other vids.

Table Country

Faggotry is finite. Autism is eternal.
kiwifarms.net
Ah the RLM defense. Difference being I don't hate RLM and give them a pass because at least their analysis is on point most of the time. Doesn't sound like I'm missing much with Ralph so I won't bother watching any of his other vids.
He did a couple of videos talking shit about reality shows, those were pretty good. Overall I'm not fond of his videos, as they're more analytic than entertaining.

Mango Unchained

Cocaine and Cocaine Accessories
kiwifarms.net
As a Ralph/RLM/IHE fan I concur with them being more analytic than entertaining. It's what defines their channel, they don't rely solely on in-your-face humour or jumpy random stuff like Jontron. Everyone has their charms. His other vids are targeting generally weird internet/TV content like The Nutshack, SMOSH, Ghost/Sasquatch/Restaurant detective shows so unless you're looking for open heckling with immediate honest criticism you really won't miss much. I can't speak for his vidya on Marvel or superhero movies cuz not interested in those franchises at all tho.

For this instance however I must say he came across as kinda bored and condescending. His review of NC's The Wall felt like a long annoyed huff, presumably because he's got knowledge of making movies and didn't expect anything but failure from Doug. Ralph is more palatable on films he targets with no expectations, like "Love on a Leash" or "The Bye-Bye Man".

JamFlowMan

kiwifarms.net
Watched a few of Ralph's videos after seeing The Wall one and he's fine. Not offensively awful but not missing out either. May be an odd complaint but his audio is all over the fucking place so sometimes you barely hear him then suddenly your ears get blown out.

• Agree
Reactions: AsbestosFlaygon

Random Internet Person

If you can read this, Cloudflare is doing its job.
kiwifarms.net
Hey, kids! Want to see proof the TV Tropers have no account for taste? No? Too bad, you're getting it anyways! (From NC's "Awesome" page)

View attachment 960679
These are those same people who wanted a CA musical in 2012.
Linkara's reviews are the same garbage down to the "occassionally review manga" as a stand-in for Doug's "occassionally review oddball shit" like The Wall. It's read aloud instead of showing fragments of the film, making nitpicky observations and pretending to/getting shit wrong to prove points and make fucking terrible jokes peppered with skits. The only difference is the autism level for your average Doug review is wildly inconsistent but always unfunny, with Linkara it's almost guaranteed to be the same Mary Sue tirade building up to a laughable "storyline".
Also, Linkara thinks he’s pretty much better than Doug in every way, and after #ChangeTheChannel, he acts like he has a moral high ground.

• Horrifying
Reactions: Amber Khan

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino