TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

GayestTrap

Give tequila for dick
kiwifarms.net
How do we know it’s not some rando’s personal list. Can a nigga get a link up in here?

At the time of posting, this is Rate Your Music's worst albums of all time according to users ratings. This comes up when you search bottom ranking albums of all time.

I do feel like this is cause the album is getting reviewed bombed cause NC's album does have a lot more reviews compared to the other albums on this list- But ya know, it's not like NC's The Wall doesn't deserve to be review bombed.

Random Internet Person

If you can read this, Cloudflare is doing its job.
kiwifarms.net

Senor Cardgage Mortgage

Oh... I should eat a pony.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Last edited:

Autumnal Equinox

Welcome to prime time, bitch!
kiwifarms.net
A normal reviewer would make a video, or an aside acknowledging they fucked up, apologize for how poorly researched, pretentious and shitty it was and try to do better. Own up to the mistake and learn from it.

This is Doug we're talking about though. He seems to be using the old tactic of burying his head in the sand and hoping it will go away. The coward's way out. If he ever does acknowledge the massive backlash it's spawned, he'll turn into a snarky 13 year old on Twitter "y'all haters! Y'all just don't get me! I just see things different than you plebs!" Or bring back Douchy McNitpick. The childish way out.

I kinda want him to acknowledge it just to see how much deeper he'll dig himself in.

Floop

Accidental Spy Kids reference, but with blud eyes.
kiwifarms.net
A normal reviewer would make a video, or an aside acknowledging they fucked up, apologize for how poorly researched, pretentious and shitty it was and try to do better. Own up to the mistake and learn from it.

This is Doug we're talking about though. He seems to be using the old tactic of burying his head in the sand and hoping it will go away. The coward's way out. If he ever does acknowledge the massive backlash it's spawned, he'll turn into a snarky 13 year old on Twitter "y'all haters! Y'all just don't get me! I just see things different than you plebs!" Or bring back Douchy McNitpick. The childish way out.

I kinda want him to acknowledge it just to see how much deeper he'll dig himself in.
I remember when Change the channel happened Doug never made a video addressing it.
Everyone was like: “Okay, he’ll make a video about it ANY second now.”
Then a new NC episode comes out: “Okay that was probably filmed before the controversy, now he’s done, he’s canceled until he makes a video about it!”
Then he never did and a lot of his fans forgot about it.

Fuckface34

kiwifarms.net
That list has nothing from the 90s in the top 10, Crazy Frog in the top 20, and we don’t even hit Most hated thing on the internet 2010-11 Justin Bieber until the top 50. This is...something special.
Off-topic, but probably because the userbase of RYM is mostly on their twenties and either experienced more recent stuff or their exposure was through Fantano reviewing or mentioning some of those albums. And wait to see the best albums list, that's a very special case on its own too. t. Someone who uses RYM constantly.

View attachment 964306

Imagine using the worst movie review on YouTube as your portfolio's calling card. It's like headlining about doing the CGI for The Langoliers.
Hey now, at least The Langoliers can be entertaining on its own right.

Table Country

Faggotry is finite. Autism is eternal.
kiwifarms.net
I remember when Change the channel happened Doug never made a video addressing it.
Everyone was like: “Okay, he’ll make a video about it ANY second now.”
Then a new NC episode comes out: “Okay that was probably filmed before the controversy, now he’s done, he’s canceled until he makes a video about it!”
Then he never did and a lot of his fans forgot about it.
I remember his review of AI where he made fun of the media burying controversy by not addressing it and silently begging the public to forget about it. If only the brothers knew what irony meant.

Candidae

kiwifarms.net
Jesus Christ, you’ve got an inkling of talent, aim higher.
On one hand, I can understand having been excited because deserving or not, Doug has a massive audience and reach compared with this guy so it is a big opportunity for him to get more notice. On the other hand, the review is pretty shit and publicly hated so he's better off mostly staying mum and trying to neutrally just advertise his work alone. I hope the kid is/was paid well for this because he's not likely to be noticed or remembered while everyone is focusing on the shitshow. I don't know much about Rob Scallon but I also feel bad for him because he's trying to be an artist yet his name is right up there beside Doug on the album. I'm not exactly sure what creative freedom he had but judging by the lyrics that I remember, it's likely not much because the super lack of subtlety just screamed Doug yet he's likely going to suffer more from this than Doug will. Again, don't really know him but hearing the music here I likely still have no clue on his actual talent or abilities

I watched it when it came out before the big hate train because it sounded like it'd be an entertaining mess from the title and cameos and in the end I mostly thought it was boring. You can't really follow anything if you haven't watched the Wall and I was pretty much just waiting for Corey to do something for the first half (again, haven't watched the Wall but I'm kinda interested now despite not being a big Pink Floyd fan).

The trial scene was odd and don't remember if the song was passable but I'll be honest that I was impressed by the animation for a YouTube project. Maybe this was because the first half was so boring so I'm not so objective but it wasn't bad imo. It feels significantly less cool now that I know the various animations aren't based on the movie though but there could be many reasons for this that I wouldn't know who to fully blame for that lack of judgment but still, work went into those models regardless.

The rest was just so forgettable aside from the cancel culture part which was just so on the nose and cringy and out of nowhere like many of the songs and one can't tell if it's so random because the movie is or because Doug is exaggerating for comedic sake which is a total failing on his part. His film I think tried to have a narrative and a point beyond riffing on the original but it falls flat on its face. Is it making fun of cancel culture and overreacting to people you dislike or have differing opinions on? It kind of points in that direction once. Is it satirizing the movie and exaggerating the more iffy ideas in the movie? I think that was the point starting off and during the Trial scene but him ending on his real thoughts still felt out of nowhere at the end because I kinda forgot it was also supposed to be a review.

I'm moderately surprised it got the backlash it did to a degree. His own fans didn't like or really watch the video (or at least the whole thing) because of how boring it was. Even those who liked it pretty much just said it was just worth suffering through the entire thing to get to the trial scene which Doug had done minimal work on and how boring the parts before that were. I hope the hate train with all the people jumping on the bandwagon doesn't stop him from reflecting on why this was seen as trash even before the rest of the internet got to it but the likelihood was low from the get go anyways

MsStevieMarie

Foxtrot Alfa Golf
kiwifarms.net
I watched it when it came out before the big hate train because it sounded like it'd be an entertaining mess from the title and cameos and in the end I mostly thought it was boring. You can't really follow anything if you haven't watched the Wall and I was pretty much just waiting for Corey to do something for the first half (again, haven't watched the Wall but I'm kinda interested now despite not being a big Pink Floyd fan).

The trial scene was odd and don't remember if the song was passable but I'll be honest that I was impressed by the animation for a YouTube project. Maybe this was because the first half was so boring so I'm not so objective but it wasn't bad imo. It feels significantly less cool now that I know the various animations aren't based on the movie though but there could be many reasons for this that I wouldn't know who to fully blame for that lack of judgment but still, work went into those models regardless.

The rest was just so forgettable aside from the cancel culture part which was just so on the nose and cringy and out of nowhere like many of the songs and one can't tell if it's so random because the movie is or because Doug is exaggerating for comedic sake which is a total failing on his part. His film I think tried to have a narrative and a point beyond riffing on the original but it falls flat on its face. Is it making fun of cancel culture and overreacting to people you dislike or have differing opinions on? It kind of points in that direction once. Is it satirizing the movie and exaggerating the more iffy ideas in the movie? I think that was the point starting off and during the Trial scene but him ending on his real thoughts still felt out of nowhere at the end because I kinda forgot it was also supposed to be a review.

I'm moderately surprised it got the backlash it did to a degree. His own fans didn't like or really watch the video (or at least the whole thing) because of how boring it was. Even those who liked it pretty much just said it was just worth suffering through the entire thing to get to the trial scene which Doug had done minimal work on and how boring the parts before that were. I hope the hate train with all the people jumping on the bandwagon doesn't stop him from reflecting on why this was seen as trash even before the rest of the internet got to it but the likelihood was low from the get go anyways
I would definitely recommend watching the original movie or Roger Waters: The Wall which is a 2014 live performance of the album because apparently everyone involved in the movie felt the live show is superior to the movie. Don't know if it was because I studied this film in media class in high school so I had it drilled into me but I always felt the narrative was rather clear which is what makes Critic's version all the more baffling.

LordofCringe7206

kiwifarms.net

It's smarter for him to just stick his head in the sand and pretend nothing is going on. If we learned anything from CTC, Doug and Michaud can't do public relations for jack shit.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino