TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

Senor Cardgage Mortgage

Oh... I should eat a pony.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hey, kids! Want to see proof the TV Tropers have no account for taste? No? Too bad, you're getting it anyways! (From NC's "Awesome" page)

View attachment 960679

Scroll to the bottom. More people hate the review than people thinking it was awesome
Top zozzle, they took out the awesome moment

1570648873229.png

There's really only two people constantly editing the awesome page for Doug. And one of them is a bipolar/bisexual/biwinning/biwhatever fuck who wrote the Hookerverse Fanfic, Emeriin. (29 years old, last time she updated her profile in 2016 she said she was 26, so do the math) She's also a Demo Reel Apologist, an actual Social Justice Warrior, and non-binary. It's like everything I hate in one person.

Last edited:

The Fresh Maker

kiwifarms.net

Random Internet Person

If you can read this, Cloudflare is doing its job.
kiwifarms.net
A normal reviewer would make a video, or an aside acknowledging they fucked up, apologize for how poorly researched, pretentious and shitty it was and try to do better. Own up to the mistake and learn from it.

This is Doug we're talking about though. He seems to be using the old tactic of burying his head in the sand and hoping it will go away. The coward's way out. If he ever does acknowledge the massive backlash it's spawned, he'll turn into a snarky 13 year old on Twitter "y'all haters! Y'all just don't get me! I just see things different than you plebs!" Or bring back Douchy McNitpick. The childish way out.

I kinda want him to acknowledge it just to see how much deeper he'll dig himself in.
Ah, so what happened in #CTC.

View attachment 965194

There's really only two people constantly editing the awesome page for Doug. And one of them is a bipolar/bisexual/biwinning/biwhatever fuck who wrote the Hookerverse Fanfic, Emeriin. She's also a Demo Reel Apologist, an actual Social Justice Warrior, and non-binary. It's like everything I hate in one person.
TGWTG Hookerverse. Now that’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time. We’re getting some real blasts from the pasts thanks to Pink Floyd.

EDIT: You wanna see what the CA fandom was like at its peak?

Last edited:

Senor Cardgage Mortgage

Oh... I should eat a pony.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ah, so what happened in #CTC.

TGWTG Hookerverse. Now that’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time. We’re getting some real blasts from the pasts thanks to Pink Floyd.

EDIT: You wanna see what the CA fandom was like at its peak?https://emeriin.livejournal.com/112329.html
http://web.archive.org/save/https://emeriin.livejournal.com/112329.html
https://emeriin.livejournal.com/75055.html
#cutid2https://archive.fo/g8sCj
Looking at this I'm not surprised she's mentally ill.

• Winner
Reactions: I Love Beef

Committed Wolf

Shameless Furry. Send Help.
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 965194

There's really only two people constantly editing the awesome page for Doug. And one of them is a bipolar/bisexual/biwinning/biwhatever fuck who wrote the Hookerverse Fanfic, Emeriin. She's also a Demo Reel Apologist, an actual Social Justice Warrior, and non-binary. It's like everything I hate in one person.
And with that, my faith in humanity has been slightly restored.

Only slightly, though.

Zhoban

Bougie von Savage
kiwifarms.net
I'm not watching that. But, I did take 15 seconds to run my cursor over the timeline - it looks like nothing but a shitty with Pennywise and the Joker for 30 minutes, loosely discussing the plot by comparing the influence of clowns on pop culture.

The Fresh Maker

kiwifarms.net
Nah, this is a recurring pattern for Doug. Release a bunch of mediocre videos then release something so horrendously awful that it shakes the Internet, then go back and do more mediocre videos. He's been doing this pattern for over a decade now.
It'll probably be a couple of years before he makes another big fuck up, but The Wall will always be a classic in embodying all of Doug's failings as a reviewer.

Also, I just saw the IT 2 episode, and I never thought a fully shaven Doug would be so terrifying to look at.

UPDATE: Oh Good Lord. What the fuck has Doug done to his father?! He looks like Mrs. Doubtfire if she was a hooker!

Last edited:

EmpireOfTheClouds

They climbed aboard their silver ghost
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 965194

There's really only two people constantly editing the awesome page for Doug. And one of them is a bipolar/bisexual/biwinning/biwhatever fuck who wrote the Hookerverse Fanfic, Emeriin. (29 years old, last time she updated her profile in 2016 she said she was 26, so do the math) She's also a Demo Reel Apologist, an actual Social Justice Warrior, and non-binary. It's like everything I hate in one person.
You had me thinking there that Halsey had joined TV Tropes.
It'll probably be a couple of years before he makes another big fuck up, but The Wall will always be a classic in embodying all of Doug's failings as a reviewer.

Also, I just saw the IT 2 episode, and I never thought a fully shaven Doug would be so terrifying to look at.

UPDATE: Oh Good Lord. What the fuck has Doug done to his father?! He looks like Mrs. Doubtfire if she was a hooker!
Yep, last time he fucked up that gloriously was To Boldly Flee, if I remember correctly.

Cowpies

kiwifarms.net
I just watched the review for IT Chapter two. As expected, he shit all over it. He kept harping about people not related to the Losers getting killed, because he didn't think there was any point to that. Also did a godawful gay stereotype early in the review, claiming that was how they did it in the movie (seriously it was not that bad in the movie). Also disagree with his view on the actor that played adult Ben. He said the child and adult Ben looked more alike in the TV movie. Yeah, the kid and John Ritter? Practically twins!

Anyway most of the video wasn't even the review, it was just Joker and two Pennywises. Oh, and that long ass commercial in the middle of it that totally doesn't scream WE NEED MONEY BADLY. Overall it was really poorly put together and felt rushed. And as usual with his Stephen king reviews, he totally missed the point.

HungoverHermaphrodite

Suspiciously aphobic and possibly terfy
kiwifarms.net
This needs to go in the OP as it's pretty telling of who he is. Also youtube, at least we now know, is not a super stable career. I mean I guess this is funny to some people, but it's also extremely lolcow behavior.

For whatever reason, I dont know if it's lost to time or something, but I seem to recall him walking through a green room, shooting the bird at people who were just trying to work, and generally being a fucking asshole to people. I could be making it up. But this is a very stupid thing to do. Especially showing that he's always thought of himself as better-than, very important, and influential, and that the money train would always be rolling.
What a way to quit. Guy can't have a normal job now even if he wants to. Just has to keep making shitty videos I guess.

Ten2Nine

kiwifarms.net

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 9.44.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-09 at 9.44.51 PM.png

I'm not entirely sure this is completely Doug's doing. Let's not forget Barney Walker's performance as Rachel from an earlier video.

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 9.47.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-09 at 9.50.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-09 at 9.51.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-09 at 9.53.26 PM.png

Maybe his father just started dressing in drag regularly anyways and Doug made lemonade out of lemons. "You were just asking me how could we fill two female roles if we just have Tamara to work with. Problem solved. Anyways, I need to write the next NC so could you take Dad out bra shopping, Rob?"

Random Internet Person

If you can read this, Cloudflare is doing its job.
kiwifarms.net
I just watched the review for IT Chapter two. As expected, he shit all over it. He kept harping about people not related to the Losers getting killed, because he didn't think there was any point to that. Also did a godawful gay stereotype early in the review, claiming that was how they did it in the movie (seriously it was not that bad in the movie). Also disagree with his view on the actor that played adult Ben. He said the child and adult Ben looked more alike in the TV movie. Yeah, the kid and John Ritter? Practically twins!

Anyway most of the video wasn't even the review, it was just Joker and two Pennywises. Oh, and that long ass commercial in the middle of it that totally doesn't scream WE NEED MONEY BADLY. Overall it was really poorly put together and felt rushed. And as usual with his Stephen king reviews, he totally missed the point.
Hm. So I guess Doug realized he’s reached his logical conclusion and place following #CTC.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino