TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Jetman

kiwifarms.net
Good for him. I mean, I don't remember him getting involved with #ChangeTheChannel, but hearing his retirement and the aftermath makes me wonder if he had something that could be used as ammo knowing who we're dealing with.
Paw is definitely not the kind of person that would dig up dirt on anyone. He's been too busy with his current life to give any sort of comment, from what I've seen. I do know that his wife, Elisa Hansen (AKA the one certain people that was crucified upside-down during Suburban Knights) is a good friend of Lindsay and Nella, so its likely she harbors similar opinions of Doug.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Awakes you from a thousand deaths
kiwifarms.net
Paw is definitely not the kind of person that would dig up dirt on anyone. He's been too busy with his current life to give any sort of comment, from what I've seen. I do know that his wife, Elisa Hansen (AKA the one certain people that was crucified upside-down during Suburban Knights) is a good friend of Lindsay and Nella, so its likely she harbors similar opinions of Doug.
Wasn't she the one who claimed to be asexual though?

PolexiaAphrodisia

Life just kills me. Do you have any pot?
kiwifarms.net
Elisa? I'm not sure. She and Paw had been dating quite some time before they officially tied the knot.
If she's the vampire Maven lady, then yes - she claims to be asexual. Went on the pedolightful YouTube channel "Queer Kid Stuff" to discuss it with a kiddie-loving dyke and a moldy teddy bear.

Reactions: Travoltron

Bogs

She hates that dog
kiwifarms.net
A great example would be Doug's review of After Earth, which consisted of basic criticisms and overly long skits, compared to the YMS review which chronicled not only the film but the Smith family's motivation to make it. I'm unsure if NC's lack of detailed critique comes from general lack of cinematographic knowledge, a rush to get out reviews every week, or perhaps a combination.
Or compare it to the RLM retrospective of Battlefield Earth, where they are reviewing it not as the worst movie ever made, but if it's a movie that's so bad it's good. They're not pulling the hair out of their heads screaming about how terrible the movie is, they're discussing if it's actually enjoyable to watch. It's also got skits thrown in don't take up the entire video.

Ryotaro Dojima

Glad to be out of that suit.
kiwifarms.net
The only CA member I know that bowed out with dignity was Paw. He retired from video making to become a medical professional, with some freelance podcast editing on the side. Then there's the fact he has a kid, which usually spells the end of someone's online career thanks to child raising being a job in and of itself. When Paw returned for Linkara's audio play, he specifically mentions retiring for that reason.
Everyone forgets that Ross Scott of Freemans mind actually was a member of channel awesome at one point.

Random Internet Person

If you can read this, Cloudflare is doing its job.
kiwifarms.net
Sure Paw isn’t the guy to dig dirt or kick a man while he’s down. I just thought #CTC was the kind of group that’d use anything and everything to paint Doug as worse than Jim Jones to drive him off the internet, and Linkara’s audio drama is Lewis’s vehicle to puff his chest to paint himself as a better director than Doug. When #ChangeTheChannel was at its peak, it really felt like the end was nigh.

Jetman

kiwifarms.net
Sure Paw isn’t the guy to dig dirt or kick a man while he’s down. I just thought #CTC was the kind of group that’d use anything and everything to paint Doug as worse than Jim Jones to drive him off the internet, and Linkara’s audio drama is Lewis’s vehicle to puff his chest to paint himself as a better director than Doug. When #ChangeTheChannel was at its peak, it really felt like the end was nigh.
I'd argue that the #CTC document was more of an attempt to knock Doug down a few pegs; get him to realize that his little reviewer utopia isn't the lap of luxury he made it look like to the dozens or so that wanted to join his flock. All these people had legit complaints about how the Walkers and Michaud ran things that they felt needed to be addressed. Did some go overboard with it? Yeah, they did. Brad Jones standing by the Walkers may have been shitty, but it wasn't worth harassing his family over. Let his decision fester over time; he already lost two of Team Snob over it. Paw was someone that realized that his family and offline job came first, so he left on good terms; enough to come back for Lewis's audio play.

And to play devil's advocate for Lewis for a brief moment, A Voice from the Dark was something he had pitched to the house of Walker several times, but kept getting turned down for one reason or another (I think it's mostly because it wasn't Doug that came up with it, but what do I know). Presenting it as an audio drama was mostly done to prevent all the behind-the-scenes debacles that plagued the anniversary specials. No ridiculously compact filming schedules, no arguments over filming styles, no risk of injuries, no paying for flights and accommodations etc. I'd argue that all of this was learning experience from not only the anniversary specials, but Lewis's own movie. If you can't afford to make a proper film, do it as an audio drama.

I consider A Voice from the Dark to be "okay", I'm glad I listened to it, but I don't really have any reason to listen to it again, maybe unless I need some white noise while working.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
I'd argue that the #CTC document was more of an attempt to knock Doug down a few pegs; get him to realize that his little reviewer utopia isn't the lap of luxury he made it look like to the dozens or so that wanted to join his flock. All these people had legit complaints about how the Walkers and Michaud ran things that they felt needed to be addressed. Did some go overboard with it? Yeah, they did. Brad Jones standing by the Walkers may have been shitty, but it wasn't worth harassing his family over. Let his decision fester over time; he already lost two of Team Snob over it. Paw was someone that realized that his family and offline job came first, so he left on good terms; enough to come back for Lewis's audio play.

And to play devil's advocate for Lewis for a brief moment, A Voice from the Dark was something he had pitched to the house of Walker several times, but kept getting turned down for one reason or another (I think it's mostly because it wasn't Doug that came up with it, but what do I know). Presenting it as an audio drama was mostly done to prevent all the behind-the-scenes debacles that plagued the anniversary specials. No ridiculously compact filming schedules, no arguments over filming styles, no risk of injuries, no paying for flights and accommodations etc. I'd argue that all of this was learning experience from not only the anniversary specials, but Lewis's own movie. If you can't afford to make a proper film, do it as an audio drama.

I consider A Voice from the Dark to be "okay", I'm glad I listened to it, but I don't really have any reason to listen to it again, maybe unless I need some white noise while working.
Your devil’s advocacy is pretty accurate based on what I’ve heard about it. But Linkara just couldn’t leave it there and had to take shots at CA in it, compare it to CA’s canceled tenth anniversary, and start to paint himself as the man of “the CA family”. Anymore would be better fit for Linkara’s thread. As for the drama itself, I’ve heard the acting be described as “a bunch of guys doing a podcast”.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Ugh, Rob Walker on Brad Jones worst of year video. Those used to be something to look forward to.
I tried to watch it but Rob NEVER shuts up. He drowns out everything Brad says with his typical pretentious hipster fanfare. I kept skipping ahead in the vid and EVERY time it landed on Rob in the middle of a loud obnoxious speech.
I know Sibling Rivalry is a thing, but Rob nuking his Facebook meant he lost his main way to bitch about movies.

Icarus B. Nezzer

kiwifarms.net
I think Doug found a new thing to keep his channel afloat.
This one was uploaded a week ago. Oddly enough, this all reminds me of his golden years. No cringy skits, no goofy facial expressions, he's actually using a topic that derives from his nostalgia.... It feels like the funniest he's been in years. How long before he milks it to death?