TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

The Pink Panther

Get Sneed's Feed, Then You Get The Seed
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1118464

Saw this retweeted on Twitter. This is one of the co directors of Home on the Range. I didn’t know if Doug recently talked about it, but when I checked his Disneycember video on the film was four years ago? And this tweet is a week old? Why talk about Doug now?
Legitimately kek'd.

Not at the tweet itself, but at the optics. Imagine getting made fun of by a Disney animation vet. That's gotta sting a little.

The Fresh Maker

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1118464

Saw this retweeted on Twitter. This is one of the co directors of Home on the Range. I didn’t know if Doug recently talked about it, but when I checked his Disneycember video on the film was four years ago? And this tweet is a week old? Why talk about Doug now?
Imagine being such a clown on the internet that even the people behind a low tier Disney movie are mocking you.

Jetman

kiwifarms.net
It was easier for Doug to get away with poking fun at shit in 2009 when all he was doing were reviews.

Now that he's made, uh, "movies" (for lack of a better term to describe the anniversary specials) and a shitty musical parody of The Wall, it makes it harder for him to get away with bashing other people's work.
Could you imagine him reviewing The Room today? He'd basically be calling the kettle black.

Glowie

Terry Davis' inner voice
kiwifarms.net
Legitimately kek'd.

Not at the tweet itself, but at the optics. Imagine getting made fun of by a Disney animation vet. That's gotta sting a little.
Doug in all of his wisdom pulls Tommy Wiseau 2.0 with little douchy McNitpick on the side. God forbid if you insult God of youtube reviews!

Surely Doug a loser who can't manage finances, his community and people he hires to do over stretched skits know more about animation than a Disney veteran cartoonist!

Jetman

kiwifarms.net
Stupid question: Did CA ever release a behind the scenes reel of the anniversary films?
Some of them did, which were included in the DVDs. The Suburban Knights one was arguably the most interesting, since they showed the meeting Doug had with Michaud over whether they should scrap the project or not because of the weather issues they had. Then it showed the rest of the contributors telling Doug that they were more than willing to continue. There was also footage of Orlando coming very close to severely injuring himself doing a stunt.

Speaking of injuries, I believe they showed in the behind-the-scenes for Kickassia Rob fucking up his knee doing that running shot from the view of his camera. There were also a few ad-lib moments from some of the cast, most from Doug and a few from Sage.

I think there was one for To Boldly Flee, but I can't remember anything from it that could be seen as an early warning sign that trouble was brewing. I'm sure there's reuploads on YouTube.

Chamulum

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1118464

Usually I would go on some diatribe about the importance of critique but he's talking about Doug here. He's absolutely right in this little sperg out. What has Doug Walker done in 10 years to make himself relevant? Has he improved? Has his fanbase grown? Did he try to accomplish things he hasn't done before?

Random Internet Person

If you can read this, Cloudflare is doing its job.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1118464

Some people are boomers and just now realized that Doug Walker has been the cool thing to hate on the internet for the last few years.
Could you imagine him reviewing The Room today? He'd basically be calling the kettle black.
I’d think the idea of a man trying his damndest to make a good movie only to be foiled by his lack of technical skill may go over his head. Also, The Disaster Artist, great book, still need to see the movie.
Stupid question: Did CA ever release a behind the scenes reel of the anniversary films?
Some of them did, which were included in the DVDs. The Suburban Knights one was arguably the most interesting, since they showed the meeting Doug had with Michaud over whether they should scrap the project or not because of the weather issues they had. Then it showed the rest of the contributors telling Doug that they were more than willing to continue. There was also footage of Orlando coming very close to severely injuring himself doing a stunt.

Speaking of injuries, I believe they showed in the behind-the-scenes for Kickassia Rob fucking up his knee doing that running shot from the view of his camera. There were also a few ad-lib moments from some of the cast, most from Doug and a few from Sage.

I think there was one for To Boldly Flee, but I can't remember anything from it that could be seen as an early warning sign that trouble was brewing. I'm sure there's reuploads on YouTube.
Went on YouTube and found some shit:
. The rest of the stuff I found was just bloopers.
Release one of the worst albums of the decade?
I’d say “was the captain and shining star of the rise and fall of an era of the internet” and “was at the center that would destroy a company and career and yet managed to come out with only minor blows and as the one with a ‘good image’” would be more noteworthy, if only because most of his album’s badness is rooted in being a parody of The Wall imo.

Edit: Found TBF’s making of and deleted a duplicate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oscar Wildean

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
Also, The Disaster Artist, great book, still need to see the movie.
I love The Disaster Artist book! Its become one of my all time favorite books to be honest.

The movie is fine, but kind of missed the point of the book. The movie feels like it was made because James Franco really really REALLY wanted to play Tommy and reenact scenes from The Room. That's all well and good, and his performance is really strong, but the stronger elements of the book (the life of a struggling actor in Hollywood, and once in a life time experiences with a mysterious and abusive weirdo) are softened in the movie.

NNewt84

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1118464

Technically speaking, the Disneycember video is actually from 2011, and it was re-uploaded to the Channel Awesome channel. So... yeah, that's gotta hurt for Doug. :|

I love The Disaster Artist book! Its become one of my all time favorite books to be honest.

The movie is fine, but kind of missed the point of the book. The movie feels like it was made because James Franco really really REALLY wanted to play Tommy and reenact scenes from The Room. That's all well and good, and his performance is really strong, but the stronger elements of the book (the life of a struggling actor in Hollywood, and once in a life time experiences with a mysterious and abusive weirdo) are softened in the movie.
Interesting - when I saw the movie, I still thought Wiseau came across as a jerkass when directing. I can only imagine what the book said about him. :(

Henry Bemis

Irony: Not even once.
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Also worth considering: Tommy Wiseau himself is still alive, and making The Disaster Artist movie likely needed some sort of contractual A-OK from him. Some parts were inevitably going to be softened, except, perhaps, for the parts where multiple people witnessed a tantrum.