TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

P5Fever

Tiddies out for my internalized misogyny
kiwifarms.net
That’s because ERod is stuck in 2008.
I swear everyone from Channel Autism are such exceptional faggots and/or pathetic losers who never amounted to anything in life. With the exception of Iron Liz, who is actually down to earth, left this crap behind, dumped Linkara, and works at a rape crisis center to help give counciling to victims of rape and abuse.

Banworld

kiwifarms.net
I also find it curious that Doug is so against campness in film considering his brand of comedy is pretty gay in and of itself. He loves to dress up, play pretend and act over the top. Maybe he can justify Nostalgia Critic as not being so camp because its primary (sort of) focus is shitting on things, but Demo Reel's humour wasn't exactly edgy.

I decided to check out Demo Reel before making this post and lol at Doug's hand on the chick at 4:42. He's not hoverhanding, however he's got one hand down on Malcoms shoulder, but he's just lightly touching her with the palm of his hand. Doug she's a woman, and I'm assuming a professional, she won't sue if you actually hold her.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
I gotta say, I'm pretty miffed that Doug complained about Jameson refusing to sell out Peter to the Green Goblin when his life was in danger. That's one of the main moments that showed that the former, for all of his bitterness and jerk attitude, does indeed have a good side to him and will not endanger the lives of his employees. It's basically adding depth and nuance to his character, yet Doug sees it as contradictory.

For all his talk about understanding subtext in films and the like, it's baffling that he misses this one.
He prefers the "nuances" of a character like Electro from The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

I mean, come on. It was Electro's birthday. It was time for him to light those candles.

And who can forget this particular moment? Makes Tarantino look like a fucking hack with the dialogue he writes.

Random Internet Person

Chopper’s doctoring!
kiwifarms.net
even a few twitter users recommended to Erod films in which Robert Pattinson had acted good in them, like Good Time or the Lost City of Z, he mocked the films and refused to watch them even if they got critical praise.

Erod should be the poster boy for entitled conzuumer manchild fanboy.
Well, he does say he voices the rage of fanboys everywhere. And like I said, he’s stuck in 2008.

Reactions: P5Fever

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
even a few twitter users recommended to Erod films in which Robert Pattinson had acted good in them, like Good Time or the Lost City of Z, he mocked the films and refused to watch them even if they got critical praise.

Anyone who doesn't appreciate how hard Robert Pattinson has worked to disassociate himself from Twilight, or even appreciate how much of a bro he was at the end of it all, does not deserve to be considered worthy of sharing their opinions on movies.

Random Internet Person

Chopper’s doctoring!
kiwifarms.net
Anyone who doesn't appreciate how hard Robert Pattinson has worked to disassociate himself from Twilight, or even appreciate how much of a bro he was at the end of it all, does not deserve to be considered worthy of sharing their opinions on movies.
Why do think I described ERod as “stuck in 2008”?

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Reminds me of nerds freaking out when Michael Keaton played Batman because the last big movie he did before that -aside from Beetlejuice- was Mr. Mom.

iafiv

kiwifarms.net
Maybe we should just wait and see any new version before jumping to conclusions either good or bad.Sometimes even if an actor tries things like a bad script/incompetent directing/incompetent cast can still ruin a movie.Its very difficult for just one actor to save a movie on his own.I'll be honest the Twilight actor would not have been my first choice for a new Batman then again at this point maybe the superhero genre has peaked.Its probably impossible to top the MCU when it comes to cultural dominance in the 2010's.I don't see DC managing that kind of consistency this decade.

• Agree
Reactions: Jungle Princess

Table Country

A face only your mother could love.
kiwifarms.net
He prefers the "nuances" of a character like Electro from The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

I mean, come on. It was Electro's birthday. It was time for him to light those candles.

And who can forget this particular moment? Makes Tarantino look like a fucking hack with the dialogue he writes.
Actually, if I remember correctly, in his Old vs New of the Spider-Man films, the quality of the villains was one of the points he conceded to the Raimi movies. He even had a little skit lampooning Electro's transformation.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maybe we should just wait and see any new version before jumping to conclusions either good or bad.Sometimes even if an actor tries things like a bad script/incompetent directing/incompetent cast can still ruin a movie.Its very difficult for just one actor to save a movie on his own.I'll be honest the Twilight actor would not have been my first choice for a new Batman then again at this point maybe the superhero genre has peaked.Its probably impossible to top the MCU when it comes to cultural dominance in the 2010's.I don't see DC managing that kind of consistency this decade.
Put a space after every period.

iafiv

kiwifarms.net
On the other hand, he seems like the kind of geek who has a closet hard on for the 1990s Dark Ages of American comics. "Dark and gritty?" "More mature and realistic?" Sounds to me he was one of the first jackasses who was in line for The Death of Superman.
What i don't get is why review Spider-man now?I mean its been done by others plenty of times already.Granted reviewing the same movie is not unheard of but Doug is about 10 years too late with this.

Random Internet Person

Chopper’s doctoring!
kiwifarms.net
What i don't get is why review Spider-man now?I mean its been done by others plenty of times already.Granted reviewing the same movie is not unheard of but Doug is about 10 years too late with this.
It’s a theme month. Honestly, if it isn’t a clipless review, Doug ain’t on the pulse of things.

LiquidKid

If Lions Like It, You Know It’s Bad.
kiwifarms.net
I also find it curious that Doug is so against campness in film considering his brand of comedy is pretty gay in and of itself. He loves to dress up, play pretend and act over the top. Maybe he can justify Nostalgia Critic as not being so camp because its primary (sort of) focus is shitting on things, but Demo Reel's humour wasn't exactly edgy.

I decided to check out Demo Reel before making this post and lol at Doug's hand on the chick at 4:42. He's not hoverhanding, however he's got one hand down on Malcoms shoulder, but he's just lightly touching her with the palm of his hand. Doug she's a woman, and I'm assuming a professional, she won't sue if you actually hold her.
Every time I see Demo reel mentioned, I stop and wonder what it would have been like had Doug decided to have some dedication to his project and did whatever it took to make it succeed instead of seeing the negative reception and backtracking immediately.
It sucked for sure, but if he real cared, he would have retooled it

Random Internet Person

Chopper’s doctoring!
kiwifarms.net
Every time I see Demo reel mentioned, I stop and wonder what it would have been like had Doug decided to have some dedication to his project and did whatever it took to make it succeed instead of seeing the negative reception and backtracking immediately.
I think he did retool it after the first episode .

Banworld

kiwifarms.net
Doug is a huge coward, he only told the TGWTG crew that he was dropping the NC character when they got the script for To Boldly Flee. Don't forget that the Nostalgia Critic was a huge drew for the website, and him ditching the character had ramifications for not just his career but theirs also, and that's how Doug decided to tell them because he can't sit them down and talk it through.

It also explains why he basically covered the one of Trump's Chosen People Wario thing up, since he's scared to face the music on it - which he also did during the whole Change the Channel thing. Doug could at least stand up to Mike Machaud. But I'm not surprised he didn't retool Demo Reel that much before giving up, Doug will always take the most cowardly and autistic way out. Which in this case was to go back to Nostalgia Critic but fill it with Demo Reel esque sketches.