TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

Random Internet Person

Chopper’s doctoring!
kiwifarms.net
So it turns out the Raimi trilogy Spider-Man fans on twitter are exploding over the news that Doug is reviewing all 5 of those other Spider-Man movies. Heck, not even just the Raimi trilogy fans.

View attachment 1176953

Just one of many others.
Like I said, you think this is Doug’s future now? I mean, his empire is ruined, and he reviews almost anything he can find that brings in views, and every once in a while, you get that one that brings in tons of hate from outside the normal brand of haters. All that’s left to see if Doug has hit rock bottom.

The Fresh Maker

kiwifarms.net
I hate Doug's content as much as the next sensible person, but really? The Raimi Spider-Man trilogy is where people are drawing the line? I mean I actually took the time to listen to Doug's review of the first Spider-Man movie and it wasn't 'The Wall' or 'Deadpool 2' bad.

Well who knows? Maybe in the coming weeks Doug's reviews of these movies will get progressively worse.

iafiv

kiwifarms.net
Damn i had no idea Spider-Man fans were that easily annoyed by Doug Walker joking about a movie that is almost 20 years old.This isn't even the first review of the movie Doug is to say the least late to the party.Heck to be honest the joke isn't even that bad realistically most journalists would cough up their sources the moment someone puts a gun to their head.Of all the things to get angry about when it comes to Doug this is the final straw?

Random Internet Person

Chopper’s doctoring!
kiwifarms.net
Damn i had no idea Spider-Man fans were that easily annoyed by Doug Walker joking about a movie that is almost 20 years old.This isn't even the first review of the movie Doug is to say the least late to the party.Heck to be honest the joke isn't even that bad realistically most journalists would cough up their sources the moment someone puts a gun to their head.Of all the things to get angry about when it comes to Doug this is the final straw?
All I can say about that is that Doug has a fair share of haters, and #ChangeTheChannel had a lot of people mad at him and wanting to see him off the Internet for good. Some people refuse to let things die.

Jetman

kiwifarms.net
All I can say about that is that Doug has a fair share of haters, and #ChangeTheChannel had a lot of people mad at him and wanting to see him off the Internet for good. Some people refuse to let things die.
It boils down to people wanting Doug, and to a greater extent, Michaud, to get their comeuppance when it came to all the shit they pulled behind the scenes; an internet rendition of the #MeToo act. For most, the mass exodus was seen as that comeuppance; everyone that Doug had brought together had all abandoned him (save for one snobby individual) and the site is now a shell of its former self.

But those that want to see Doug gone for good need to realize that everyone that left were not part of the core Chicago team. The other contributors were, for lack of a better term, disposable. Yeah, having almost all of them leave is enough to damage the site, but since no one that was super close to Team Walker left in protest, the core of Nostalgia Critic remains intact. If Malcolm and/or Tamara left in protest, or anyone else in the Chicago team, then things might've played out differently. But since most of the people Doug surrounds himself with joined after everything that happened, there's less of a reason to leave because "nothing bad happened to them", which is exactly the reasoning Malcolm and Tamara gave on Twitter. Though that's not to say the current team hasn't had shit happen to them (Tamara being uncomfortable during Pop Quiz Hotshot's pilot, Brad absolutely shitting on said pilot, Rachel being forced to play a lecherous Wicked Witch, etc.), and if these sorts of incidents continue, we might see a second exodus, though I won't hedge my bets.

Bottom line, it's gonna take a VERY large fuck-up to take the House of Walker down. Doug having shit opinions on films everyone likes will cause angry internet mobs, but it won't be the death of them. I don't know how you can top hiding a sexual predator, but I'm sure whatever does end the Critic for good, it won't be pretty.

interalia

kiwifarms.net
It boils down to people wanting Doug, and to a greater extent, Michaud, to get their comeuppance when it came to all the shit they pulled behind the scenes; an internet rendition of the #MeToo act. For most, the mass exodus was seen as that comeuppance; everyone that Doug had brought together had all abandoned him (save for one snobby individual) and the site is now a shell of its former self.

But those that want to see Doug gone for good need to realize that everyone that left were not part of the core Chicago team. The other contributors were, for lack of a better term, disposable. Yeah, having almost all of them leave is enough to damage the site, but since no one that was super close to Team Walker left in protest, the core of Nostalgia Critic remains intact. If Malcolm and/or Tamara left in protest, or anyone else in the Chicago team, then things might've played out differently. But since most of the people Doug surrounds himself with joined after everything that happened, there's less of a reason to leave because "nothing bad happened to them", which is exactly the reasoning Malcolm and Tamara gave on Twitter. Though that's not to say the current team hasn't had shit happen to them (Tamara being uncomfortable during Pop Quiz Hotshot's pilot, Brad absolutely shitting on said pilot, Rachel being forced to play a lecherous Wicked Witch, etc.), and if these sorts of incidents continue, we might see a second exodus, though I won't hedge my bets.

Bottom line, it's gonna take a VERY large fuck-up to take the House of Walker down. Doug having shit opinions on films everyone likes will cause angry internet mobs, but it won't be the death of them. I don't know how you can top hiding a sexual predator, but I'm sure whatever does end the Critic for good, it won't be pretty.
When all this stuff happened, it took me a while to figure out where it was coming from. It seems a lot of people now attack Doug because he is a designated valid target by SJWs on Twitter, and people like Allison will egg you on. But I've always hated Doug - his stupid voice, his shallow analysis, even his awful critic costume. No matter what era you look at, he's cringey, from stuff like the forced rivalry with Rolfe's character, when he got into listicle-esque videos, or his current fad for extremely long skits featuring copyrighted characters. This is why when guys like Quinton talk about having nostalgia and feeling betrayed by the reality of TGWTG, I just can't get it.

Floop

I, Scout, humbly present a toast to Miss Pauling!
kiwifarms.net
I like how IMDB has Nostalgia Critic listed as a TV series, because they don’t have a category for ‘internet show’.
2831B4F0-598A-4CDB-8DE3-A4F08C7EF2EF.jpeg

That’s a really flattering picture.
FE5F5B9B-D2AE-4B2A-8E7A-350D190DC4CB.jpeg

Bon Bon

My name is Amanda Hugankiss, this is my story.
kiwifarms.net
When all this stuff happened, it took me a while to figure out where it was coming from. It seems a lot of people now attack Doug because he is a designated valid target by SJWs on Twitter, and people like Allison will egg you on. But I've always hated Doug - his stupid voice, his shallow analysis, even his awful critic costume. No matter what era you look at, he's cringey, from stuff like the forced rivalry with Rolfe's character, when he got into listicle-esque videos, or his current fad for extremely long skits featuring copyrighted characters. This is why when guys like Quinton talk about having nostalgia and feeling betrayed by the reality of TGWTG, I just can't get it.
when I was young even for me, TGWTG was just popcorn content that i could put on because there was loads of it and there was nothing really wrong with it (by like 2010 youtube standards mind you)
I'm not so sure about sjws or whatever, this stuff predates the duckman video and even the changethechannel document
doug is just a dinosaur of an older youtube that hasn't moved on but he was successful enough that no one feels bad pointing and laughing

Jack Awful

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
when I was young even for me, TGWTG was just popcorn content that i could put on because there was loads of it and there was nothing really wrong with it (by like 2010 youtube standards mind you)
I'm not so sure about sjws or whatever, this stuff predates the duckman video and even the changethechannel document
doug is just a dinosaur of an older youtube that hasn't moved on but he was successful enough that no one feels bad pointing and laughing
Yeah, it's the same reason GameLife was popular, there was literally nothing else like it to watch.

Doug just got lucky and came up with a winning formula before anyone else could.

Last edited:

Random Internet Person

Chopper’s doctoring!
kiwifarms.net
When it comes to Doug hate, you got guys like MisAnthroPony who’ve always hated Doug for the reason you’ve just said. Now, the hate these days are people like Obscurus Lupa who feel Doug should be off the Internet for the things he did, people like ERod and Linkara who feel a sense of betrayal and being lied to that the sense of brotherhood and family were pretty much a lie, and like Linkara, who feel that guys like Doug shouldn’t have any popularity because of how much he sucks and he’s ahead of people that are better (like how Linkara went on about him being a better director than Doug). #ChangeTheChannel brought all of Doug’s haters together and now they have a banner that they can use to claim that their vitriol is for a noble cause and not just some petty shit, unaware that Doug’s position isn’t that great and he can make a fool of himself on his own.

Davidson_duo

Hey you're a Dredgen, now fight like one!
kiwifarms.net
So it turns out the Raimi trilogy Spider-Man fans on twitter are exploding over the news that Doug is reviewing all 5 of those other Spider-Man movies. Heck, not even just the Raimi trilogy fans.

View attachment 1176953

Just one of many others.
doug walker hate unites us all.jpg

Literally every review he has put out since the wall has made some fanbase unite with another to just dislike it