TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

NNewt84

kiwifarms.net
This man has serious mental health issues. Honestly, I don't know how a grown man - who's turning 40 this year, I might add - can keep up this act of screaming at movies for so long.

EDIT: Actually, he's turning 39 this year, since he was born in 1981. I guess I confused his year of birth with that of James Rolfe, who was born in 1980 and is therefore turning 40 this year. Granted, 38-turning-39 is still wayyyy too old to be such a manchild like Doug is.

Last edited:

Table Country

A face only your mother could love.
kiwifarms.net
This man has serious mental health issues. Honestly, I don't know how a grown man - who's turning 40 this year, I might add - can keep up this act of screaming at movies for so long.
Doug doesn't have mental health issues (as far as I know, anyway), he's just a dumbass contrarian whose conception of humor is either "being loud and saying the fuck words" or "ripping off something else but doing it intentionally shitty but unintentionally doing it shittier than you intended for it to be". Basically he's Seltzerberg-lite.

LordofCringe7206

kiwifarms.net
Doug doesn't have mental health issues (as far as I know, anyway), he's just a dumbass contrarian whose conception of humor is either "being loud and saying the fuck words" or "ripping off something else but doing it intentionally shitty but unintentionally doing it shittier than you intended for it to be". Basically he's Seltzerberg-lite.
In all seriousness I feel like Doug is somewhere on the spectrum. I feel like there are just far too many things that go beyond him simply being a moron.

However, I don't see him having any kind of more serious mental problems like schizophrenia or bipolar disorder.

Random Internet Person

Chopper’s doctoring!
kiwifarms.net
Meanwhile...

iafiv

kiwifarms.net
To be fair the most recent Spider-Man review is not bad but not great either.In fact the concept of reviewing Spider-Man 2 after all these years is kind of dated.Especially since the doesn't add anything of note except recap the movie and say standard jokes.That's the biggest issue there really isn't any point in recaping these movies.If you're gonna review them at least dive into themes/ideas long term influence issues that can be adressed now.

Random Internet Person

Chopper’s doctoring!
kiwifarms.net
Did Rolfe run out of shitty nes games to play? This video is just a normal review, he's not even comically angry at the game
That's....been a thing for a while? James isn't half assing or anything, but 1. he's moved from NES to other consoles, 2. His peak has come and gone and he can focus on other shit and 3. this review isn't all too bad.

TrippinKahlua

From RC Enthusiast to T-Shirt Brand.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

The Fresh Maker

kiwifarms.net

This is Santa Christ. He first appeared in 2010.

In that entire decade, I still cant figure out how this character is a cross between Santa and Jesus. He isn't wearing anything in his costume that Jesus wore. Jesus never exclusively wore a white robe. This outfit has more in line with ancient greeks.
I think the idea behind Santa Christ was combining the two biggest symbols of Christmas into a single entity, which never ended up working because Doug wrote Santa Christ to just act like Santa Claus in a robe. He never has any Jesus characteristics so naming him Santa Christ is completely pointless. You could easily just name him Santa CLAUS and nothing about the character would change.

NNewt84

kiwifarms.net
I think the idea behind Santa Christ was combining the two biggest symbols of Christmas into a single entity, which never ended up working because Doug wrote Santa Christ to just act like Santa Claus in a robe. He never has any Jesus characteristics so naming him Santa Christ is completely pointless. You could easily just name him Santa CLAUS and nothing about the character would change.
To be fair, he did cure the Nostalgia Critic of his diabetes, which is more of a Jesus-like trait. And in Kickassia, I'm fairly certain he died and came back, as Jesus supposedly did when he was crucified.

But with that said, he's definitely more on the Santa side.

Overcooked Raccoon

Mildly interesting.
kiwifarms.net
james rolfe is like, the most normal guy on earth. he's very well rounded
Dude is extremely chill. He has a wife and kid, gets passionate about movies (especially horror), and as a whole is just a well rounded nice guy.

I think in terms of AVGN he has mellowed out considerably since he's just older and now fits into the normal groups of game reviewers we know today.

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I feel that the AVGN stuff has aged a lot better than the NC stuff. I mean, the Nerd screams and says vulgar things, but overall it is still fun to watch. There are some good and some bad episodes, obviously, but it's not as bad as the NC stuff, that ceases to be funny, so even the stuff that was entertaining 10 years ago is now just lackluster and annoying.
Maybe that has to do with how James Rolfe is just a decent guy and Doug Walker comes across as an incredibly annoying person that's too full of himself.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To be fair the most recent Spider-Man review is not bad but not great either.In fact the concept of reviewing Spider-Man 2 after all these years is kind of dated.Especially since the doesn't add anything of note except recap the movie and say standard jokes.That's the biggest issue there really isn't any point in recaping these movies.If you're gonna review them at least dive into themes/ideas long term influence issues that can be adressed now.
Put a space after every motherfucking period.